Status: ;3 Active & my favorite idea. <3

The Return.

Follow

I slide my feet against the linoleum flooring, trying my best to keep my shoes on my feet. They do this to keep us safe, but with the shitty way that I walk this could be the death of me. Dakota strolls effortlessly in front of me, going down these halls like she was the queen of them.

I keep my eyes on her back. The sway of her hips attract my attention. This strangely reminds me of back when I first saw her. It was way back in middle school, thinking of it now makes me feel like a creeper. It was love at first sight. I had to follow her a lot in the beginning...I mean I had to do that to gain up some courage to ask her out.

I shake my head, freeing my mind from her. Jana appears in my new achieved thought. Her warm body against mine. That wavy soft bright auburn hair falling against my face. That night we perched by the tall beige fence behind her house as we hid from her parents in the dark. Her mother hated that I was already out of high school because Jana was just a junior. Effortlessly, I eased Jana's mind of her parents' hate for me with a few Bud Lights.

A few soft, wet kisses turned into touching, and then a little bit more. My pants begin to sag because of my belt-less-ness. How I'm thinking about sex in a place like this is bewildering.

I catch a quick glance of myself in one of the door windows and suddenly notice how none of the whack jobs are acting out. They've seemed to have calmed themselves down. Dakota's presence is some kind of antidote to their poisoned minds?

I quicken my steps, if keeping close to her keeps the maniacs at bay then so be it!

Even though she said I didn't hurt her, I saw those dreaded tears. I heard her whimpering cries. I felt...the sadness too. In some cases breaking up with someone can be easy. For the most part no matter which side of it your on, it hurts...

Maybe it's just my ego that lead me to believe that what I did actually hurt her. I thought I was the center of her universe. She was mine. Breaking away from her, left me more alone than she likely ever felt. She probably was already going to dump me. That's why she lied to me that she was leaving.

We got to the front desk. I cowardly avoid the eyes of the nurse. I could feel her burning eyes on me, questions ring in my ears like she's already asking them. I pop my knuckles, preparing my hand to sign a book-load of papers to get Dakota out of here.

"I fixed the room up for Alexa. I think she will really like the stay. I'm gonna be out for the night so don't forget to lock up." Dakota says to the nurse, taking her keys out and setting them down on the sign-in binder. I stand perplexed, watching as Dakota whimsically flows to the other side of the counter. She begins whispering to the nurse, then comes back over to my side.

"Have a good night Dr. Trey," The nurse calls out joyfully to Dakota.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image