Raven Haired

Hot Tub

Early morning found Lucas somewhere completely different, although he no doubt would have appreciated sleeping next to Ava, as well. He didn’t know how it had happened, but one minute he was next to the bonfire, and the next he was in a guy’s truck from high school along with a bunch of other people driving down the road at a speed that was much too fast. Lucas stuck his head out the window as if he was a dog, much to the amusement of everyone else in the vehicle. The air was chilly, and it helped wake him up a little bit. He was much too drunk, just like usual. Despite his frequent drinking, Lucas was still a light weight.

Lucas knew the person driving. It was Irwin Thomas, and he was a friend from school. The two weren’t extremely close, but they acted like it when they were at parties. Then again, didn’t everyone act like that? Kevin Parker was there, too, as well as a few girls and some guy that Lucas didn’t recognize. There were more people in the vehicle then there were seats. Irwin lived relatively close by, and due to the intoxication of everyone in the truck, no one seemed worried about Irwin swerving from one side of the road to the other. When they saw headlights in the distance, Irwin braked relatively hard and drove about forty kilometers an hour until the car passed, and then everyone erupted into a fit of laughter.

When they got to Irwin’s house, he alerted them all to the fact that his parents weren’t home. It was like open season to the under-aged teenagers. They blasted the music, they danced, and a pretty blonde found herself close to Lucas for most of the evening.

“Who are you?” Lucas finally asked after a while during their dancing. He raised a beer to his lips that Irwin had produced for everyone. It was like he had forgotten about Carter altogether.

“I’m Hannah,” she said happily. “I’m from Westmount High,” she explained.

Lucas was relatively relieved that she didn’t go to the same high school as him. Everyone always seemed so offended when he didn’t know their name.

After some dancing, Lucas found himself bored so he went for a walk. He had never actually been to Irwin’s before. His dad was pretty strict, and therefore people weren’t usually allowed over. Lucas stumbled his way into the backyard where something caught his eye. He rushed over to it and realized immediately it was a –

“HOT TUB!” Lucas yelled loudly.

Within moments, everyone came into the backyard where Lucas was already stripping off most of his clothes. When he was down to just his boxers, he ran back over to the group of people (who looked surprised about his lack of modesty), and picked up Hannah. She began to laugh in protest, but it didn’t take long for Lucas to carry her over to the hot tub and then unceremoniously dump her in to the hot water. The girl was so drunk, though, that she apparently didn’t care that she was fully dressed. Lucas sat in next to her and then motioned everyone to join. Everyone did, and the other girls kept their shirts on but pulled their jeans off before getting in. It didn’t really matter, as the water was moving so hard that it was impossible to see anything anyways. They continued to drink and laugh until one by one they got out of the hot tub and fell asleep in various areas.

When Lucas woke up, his head was pounding. He was asleep on the wall of the hot tub, which he had no idea how he accomplished. The sun was hot already, indicating that it was late morning. Lucas found that he had dried off in his sleep. He saw a few of the others sprawled on the grass on the ground in random areas. He walked back to the house, trying desperately to keep his balance despite his lack of coordination. He managed to find his clothes and put them on. However, when he was putting his jeans on, he noticed something written on his arm. Upon closer inspection, he realized it was a phone number. “Hannah” was written underneath. It took Lucas a moment, and then he looked over his shoulder at the blonde girl sleeping on the ground. He shrugged before making his way through the house. From the looks of it, no one had made it back to the house to fall asleep. Lucas assumed everyone was lucky that they hadn’t fallen asleep in the water.