Status: Sorry that I haven't updated in forever...it's been really tough to do anything in general with college and the work they give. It's hard to find time to write and finish the next chapter and update... Again, I am so sorry guys and will update as soon as I can!

My American Horror Story

The Boy Next Door

Tate... Tate Langdon. The boy next-door. What a beautiful name...and it was! I had a name to the face. The boy next-door AND my dream boy, any more cliches? As much as I loved cliches...I wasn't complaining. There was something about this boy, something I couldn't shake not even if I tried or wanted to.

It was evident that I would have a full-bodied figure in my dream tonight. And a voice. That's another thing...his voice. I don't know what it was but even his voice, just saying one word or even laughing, sent those same chills down my spine. I don't know what it was about him but there was something that attracted me to his entire being.

It was weird...I was never like this over a boy before or felt like this because of and about a boy. Yeah, I would see an occasional boy or two that I found attractive but none worth my time or energy...not that it was much anyway. I didn't know how to feel about this whole situation or if I even wanted to...

I headed back into the kitchen to find something to eat. "Do you want me to make you something for lunch, sweetie?" my mom asked. "...No, I'll just find something." I answered after contemplating it. "Okay." she said back. I ended up having leftovers from last night and then went back to my room.

I got to my room and tried to find something to do. I had to face it though... It was so boring here. I had nothing to do and no one to do nothing with. I never had friends back home really so it didn't bother me that much, it was just the fact I had nothing to do...at least back at home there was something I could do. I didn't know where anything was at all so going for a walk was out of the question. I was basically trapped in my room, in this house, in this town...

I plopped on my bed...literally, and then just laid there thinking of what to do. My mind tends to jump from one thing to another when it's not really focused on one particular thing... That's how I ended up thinking about him. The way the electricity flowed throughout my whole entire body when he shook my hand, his face and his smile with those gorgeous dimples. I had to stop! I don't think about shit like this...what am I doing?? I need to get my head straight. But how could I do that when it was filled with him.

I needed to know him...

And just like that I came back to reality and decided a little fresh air would be good...and get my mind off of him. I headed downstairs and figured the backyard would be some good scenery... Didn't feel like sitting out front and being stared at as people here went by. I wanted to be secluded for one last day, especially considering what tomorrow was.

The back yard was beautiful. The house led out into this porch like area that was cement and bricks connecting to the house. The yard was simple but gorgeous, a clothes line and a few trees. It could use some flowers, though...surprised it didn't have any considering it looked like it should. I was surprised my mother hadn't jumped right on that...but as soon as she finds out, she definitely will.

I took it upon myself to lift myself up on the brick wall and sit there. I lounged out on it with my back against a column of bricks and my legs stretched out across the top of the wall. I sat there, closed my eyes and put my headphones in to listen to music on my iPod that I grabbed and brought with me. I wasn't going to sleep, just wanted to close my eyes and relax hoping to get some sun in the process. I turned on my iPod and played the songs on my playlist, starting with my favorite band All Time Low. I sang along in my head, drifting off in my little world of music. When out of nowhere...

"Hey." I barely heard a voice from next to me say.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see the gorgeous face of the boy next door...Tate.

"Oh...um, hey." I said back, tacking my headphones out and turning my music and iPod off. "What brings you outside on this lovely day?" He asked. "Bored, had to get out of the house and my head...and seeing how I have no clue where anything is...the back yard was my best bet." I answered. He laughed with a smile and said "Oh, that's cool. I know what you mean... I was doing the same then saw you and figured I'd come say hello...if that's fine by you?" I stated. "That's fine." I said smiling. In fact, that was more than fine...it was perfectly fine with me! "I figured I'd check the backyard out and I'm glad I did, it's so beautiful out here." I continued. "Yes it is." He said smiling at me but for some reason I got the feeling that he wasn't talking about the yard... That made me blush a little.

"So...what are you listening to?" He asked. "All Time Low." I responded. "Cool." He said like he didn't have a clue who they were. "Have you ever heard of them?" I questioned. "No." He said, seeming slightly ashamed that he didn't. "They're a band...pop-punk. They're great. I love them, they're one of my favorite bands." I gushed to him. He chuckled. "Okay. That's cool. I'll have to listen to them then." "I am actually quite offended that you don't know who they are... But I'm willing to look past it. Yes you will...I have all of their albums so you can definitely borrow them if you want!" I said changing from serious to excited. He just laughed. "That sounds great...I can come over sometime and we can listen to them together." He said sweetly and sincere. I blushed. "I would like that." I said smiling. "Me too." He said, returning the smile. "And then I can educate you on all that is the amazing, wonderful and talented All Time Low." I said in excitement. "Looking forward to it." He said with a charming, but devilish, smile.

"Mind if I sit and join you?" He asked motioned to where my feet were. "Not at all." I said, smiling. He smiled back and lifted himself up on the brick wall, facing me as I moved my legs.

For the next couple of hours we talked about music, our favorite musicians and songs, the ones we thought were the worst and just about everything in between. Surprisingly, he didn't really know many newer artist from today which I found a little strange, he knew more about the artists before them and before I was born. His favorite band was Nirvana, I've heard of them and their singer, Kurt Cobain but other than that I only knew about one song of theirs. We were in completely different decades...musically. But he was genuinely interested in the music I was telling him about and that I was into the artists I liked. He would ask why or sometimes I would just end up getting into why and he really was curious and wanted to know. Then it was my turn, he told me about the musicians he listened to and liked and I sat there and listened. I was curious as to why he liked this artist or that one, I just really liked finding out more about him and I honestly just liked to listen to this boy talk. I liked watching him talk too because the expressions on his face just said it all and were fascinating to see when he talked about something.

We were in a world of music, our own little world.

We got lost in a sea of conversation about music and didn't even realize how much time had gone by.

"Violet." My mother called as she opened the back door and walked out onto the porch area. "Oh...I didn't know you were with someone... Sorry, excuse me. Hello, Tate." She said surprised with a caught off guard smile. "Hello, Mrs. Harmon." He said returning it. "Vi, I'm going to start making dinner in an hour or so is there anything you want to eat?" She asked. "No, not really." I stated. "Okay, well if you'd like to join us then you're always invited to stay for dinner, Tate." She said to him, smiling. "Thank you, Mrs. Harmon but knowing my mother she's probably making something she'll say is from scratch and if I'm not home then she'll probably be mad." He answered back. "Okay, another time then." She said smiling. "That would be nice." He said smiling back. And with that, she left.

"You don't have to amuse her you know...you don't really have to come to dinner, she really doesn't care just trying to be nice." I told him looking at him then down to my lap. "It's okay...I wouldn't mind coming over for dinner." He said smiling at me. I smiled back and said "Okay."

"I have to go." He said out of nowhere in a voice that sounded different and when I looked up at him, his face seemed like he had just realized something. He then quickly started to get off the wall. "Um...okay." I said confused and not sure what was going on. So I just sat there in confusion and watched him as he was starting to leave. "I'll see you around. And I'm still looking forward to learning all about your All Time Low." He said as he was walking away. "Oh...and good luck with your first day of school tomorrow." He shouted from across the lawn right before he disappeared.

"Thanks...I guess." I half shouted back to the already gone, boy.

It was weird... One minute he was so sweet and genuine and the next it was like he was a completely different person...all in a flash and I was curious to know why or what caused him to do so.

And with that, I shook him and all the question running through my mind out of my head and hopped off the wall to head back inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this chapter is okay... I really didn't know what exactly to write about. I don't think it's that great and sorry if it's not. Nothing really happens, just a normal conversation but hey...that's how most conversations are in real life so why not be in a story? Like I said, I'm trying to update every week so hang in there. Thank you to all those for the love, I really appreciate it! *=) <3