Status: Sorry that I haven't updated in forever...it's been really tough to do anything in general with college and the work they give. It's hard to find time to write and finish the next chapter and update... Again, I am so sorry guys and will update as soon as I can!

My American Horror Story

Mysterious

That night I had a strange dream...

I was laying under the tree in my backyard, Tate sitting up against it next to me. We were talking about music and the bands and artists we listen to. Then he said "Let's go exploring!" standing up with a huge smile on his face and grabbing me to pull me up. He started walking away, just leaving me to stand there confused and curious. He turned around, held out his hand and said "Come on." with his adorable, heart melting smile of his. So, without question...I grabbed his hand and was lead off towards my house. "Where exactly are we exploring?..." I asked as we entered the house into my kitchen. "The basement." he answered, I could hear the excitement and smile in his voice. He lead us to the basement, which at the time didn't seem weird that he knew where it was, and as we got to the door, he turned around excited as ever and asked "Are you scared?" I replied to his question with a "No." then he followed with a "Good." and reached for the door knob. As he did, he stopped... He turned back around and all at once I became confused and scared. The look on his face and in his eyes changed, they were no longer sweet and fun...they were cold, empty and menacing. All of this happened so fast, I couldn't process what had just happened...

I woke up and was not happy...getting up early and for my first day at a new school, was not starting my day of right. To say I wasn't a morning person was an understatement to say the least...

I went downstairs for breakfast. Not expecting my mother to cook, usually I eat a bowl of cereal, I was surprised to find a plate of eggs, scrambled, with toast and bacon along with a glass of iced tea on the counter waiting for me... "Is that mine?" I asked in somewhat confusion. "Yes, of course!" she answered all perky and cheerful. "Oh, okay...thanks?" I said and sat down to eat. It wasn't bad...I'm actually glad she made it, at least I wouldn't be hungry by the timeI got to school and I missed having breakfast like that. I forgot how much I liked eggs...

After breakfast, I headed up to my room to shower and get ready for the (dreadful) day.

I went through my normal morning routine of picking out my clothes, showering (while listening to my music of course) and then getting dressed. I was finishing getting ready, doing my hair, and realized that in about an hour or so I would be at my new school where I knew where nothing was and nobody there... Great! I need a cigarette...

Oh well.

I looked myself over, once, in the mirror. Plain shirt with a cardigan over it, skinny jeans and some high tops; my hair down, straight (naturally) and a knitted hat on. I guessed I looked alright. I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

I was just about out the door to make my way to school when my mom stopped me. "Oh, don't worry about walking...I'm going to drive you to school!" She called. "That's okay...I'll walk." I responded. "You don't know where you're going..." She answered. "I'll figure it out...I'm savvy like that." She hated when I said shit like that. I loved it... "Violet!" She said sternly. "Alright, alright...just hurry up; wouldn't want to be late on my first day of school!" I said sarcastically.

The ride to school was eventful... As soon as I left the house, my earphones were in and my iPod/music was on and playing. That's how the ride went...quite, well with the exception of my music, which is just how I like it. I could tell though, that my mother didn't. Whatever...I wanted to walk.

We pulled up to "Hell." "Oh, it won't be that bad..." My mother said, hearing my comment. I just rolled my eyes. "Have a great first day at school and try to make some friends...it wouldn't kill you!" she said with a smile as I was getting out of the car. I just nodded and said thanks.

To say that school was eventful was definitely an exaggeration... Once I had gotten there and made my way to the office in the building, I had to wait to meet the principle of the school. After sitting there and listening to his "Welcome!" speech, he gave me my class schedule, a map of the school (thank god) and told me where my first class was then sent me off to first period. As the day went on, I found my way to each class and home room...being pushed and shoved here and there by assholes who don't know what manners are. I got a few looks here and there, whether it was a dirty look or just plain staring. I ignored them and moved on. Classes were boring of course, I didn't pay attention in any of them...naturally. I didn't make any new friends, as usual...to my mom's request but it was only my first day and I'm not one to make or have many friends anyway.

At three o'clock, the final bell to the end of the school day rang and I was released and free from Hell.

My mother was waiting outside to pick me up when I got out front of school. I regretfully got in the car and waited for the worst. "How was your first day day?" she asked eagerly...a little too eagerly I might say. "Boring." I dully answered back. "Well, did you make any friends?" I just looked at her with my "What do you think..." look and turned back to looking out the window. She responded to that with a little enthusiastic but hopeful "You'll make some tomorrow...who wouldn't want to be friends with you." With a smile. "Who would..." I retorted. I put my earphones in to signal that that was the end of that. "That's not true." She said not getting the hint. Guess not... "You're a beautiful, funny and smart girl. That boy Tate seems interested in being your friend...and you." She said with a smile and quick wink in my direction. "I am not having this conversation with you." I stated strongly. "awe...why not?" She said a little sad. "Because I'm not having this conversation with anyone...period." I said. And that was FINALLY the end of that! I put on my music and drowned everything and the day out.

When we got home, I went straight up to my room and did the homework I was already assigned today. I did them quickly and finished. I was tired of being stuck inside all day, so I decided to go out back and maybe draw. I grabbed my sketchbook with my pencils and eraser and headed downstairs.

I sat on the wall, listening to my music still and started to draw. I decided to draw the tree that was in the yard and got started on that. It was so nice out and yet while it was sunny, it was warm and felt good hitting my skin. It wasn't too bright out, so I didn't need my sunglasses.

I had been out here for at least ten minutes and was almost done drawing the trunk. I had been looking up at the tree and then down at my book, observing it and it's details. I had just looked down, drawing the next part when I looked up and...

"Shit!" I said startled.

He laughed. Tate had appeared in front of me out of nowhere... "I scare you?" He said sort of rhetorically. "Not at all..." I said sarcastically. "Ah...we've got a sarcastic one do we." He said with a smile and chuckle. "You scared the shit out of me!..." I said collecting myself. "Good." He said with a smirk. "You literally came out of nowhere..." I said. "I know...it's what I'm good at and what I do best." He said with a smile. "So you just leave yesterday, acting all weird and then just pop up scaring me to death today..." I stated. "Yeah...sorry about that." He said, his tone changing. "What was that about anyway?" I asked. "Nothing...I just realized that I forgot that I had to go do something." He answered "Oh, okay..." I replied. I could tell that he was hiding something...that there was more to it and behind why but I didn't push any further.

"So...how was your first day at your new school?" He asked, his tone going back to normal. "Greeeat!" I said sarcastically, looking down at my drawing. Tate joined me in sitting on the wall and jumped up. "Hahaha, isn't it always??" He said smiling. I just looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Did you make any friends?" He asked. "You sound just like my mother...no I didn't." I answered. "Whatever... Their loss anyway! Who needs friends...besides, you have me." He said with a warm and sincere smile. I smiled back. I didn't really know what to say to that...

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked. "Drawing and had to get out and not be trapped inside any longer...by myself." I answered. "You draw?" He questioned with a little surprise behind the question. "Yeah." I said. "What are you drawing?" He said curious. "That tree over there." I said motioning to it with my head. "Can I see it?" He asked. "It's hard to miss..." I said with a smirk. "A smartass, too... I like it. Great combination." He said smiling. I smiled and said "I don't really like showing people my drawings, especially when they're not finished." I said embarrassed. "I'll bet they're good...please?" He said with the biggest, cheesiest smile that made me melt and that I could not say no to... Plus, the dimples came out...not fair. I rolled my eyes and he took that as a "yes" so he grabbed my book and started looking at it. I put my head down in embarrassment. "This is great so far!" He said with honesty and excitement. "Nah...but thank you." I said in disagreement, keeping my head down. "It really is. I have no reason to lie to you and I'm quite up front, as you can tell... Can I see the rest?" He said direct but sincere. "NOOO!" I said, looking up and grabbing my sketchbook quickly before he could do so. He just looked at me, not really knowing how to react. "Sorry...I just really am self conscious and strict about my drawings and who sees, or rather, who doesn't see them. I didn't mean to grab it out of your hands like that...I shouldn't have done that. I just panicked." I said apologetically. He laughed, "It's okay. Feisty...I like it! It was actually funny and pretty cute." He said with that smile of his and those dimples. I just smiled, looked down and then back up again. "Red's a good color on you...especially when it's from me making you blush." He said bluntly with a cocky smile. "I've been out here in the direct sun for twenty minutes, it's hot but thank you...I know." I said bluntly with a hint of denial and a cocky smile as well. With that, I hopped down off the wall, grabbed my stuff and walked in the house turning around to give him one last cocky smile. I left him to sit there by himself to gather his thoughts on what just happened like I had did the day before.

I went up to my room, laid on my bed and just smiled after reminiscing on what I just did. But then my thoughts just went right back to the day before how he just changed like that so quickly, my dream and the fact that he didn't really answer my question as to why he acted like that, straight forward. You could tell he was hiding something... What was he hiding? Why was he hiding something? Who was he really then? All of these question just started running through my head.

There was something about this boy. Something...

Mysterious.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry guys! Once I started this chapter I got so busy... I started work down the shore again and there was no wifi at the house so I couldn't update for a month on top of a full work schedule. Then when I came home it was for the start of school, so I couldn't really find time to write or update with class five days a week and work on the weekends. I tried my best to, though honest. This chapter was just really difficult to write and come up with stuff to right anyway, so the whole process was hard. I think this is my worst chapter so far...I didn't really know what to write and it's mostly just simple dialogue and her thoughts. Which, though...if you think about, is what everyday life is like basically so it works in that way of trying to somewhat be realistic. I tried my best and will try even harder on the next one, is all I can really say. I am sorry if this one sucks, is boring and for the crappy updating. I did push myself to write as often as I could when I got the chance for you guys. I appreciate all of those sticking around and the new comers! Comments are always welcomed. And I am TRYING to get back in the swing of things but I do have classes and barely any time to blink, so when I can I will update. *=) <3