Status: Sorry that I haven't updated in forever...it's been really tough to do anything in general with college and the work they give. It's hard to find time to write and finish the next chapter and update... Again, I am so sorry guys and will update as soon as I can!

My American Horror Story

A "Run-In" and the Question

Dinner time. Perfect. I sat down at the dining room table with my parents. We sat there in silence, as usual... Then, finally, my dad asked about my first day at school.

My dad was a psychiatrist who uses our study as his office to work from home since we moved out here. It was his idea to move, he was the one who had found the house. He is also the reason we moved out here... See...a couple months back my mom came home, early I guess, one day and thought there was an intruder in the house. She called 911 and then went upstairs to where the noise was coming from, armed herself with a butcher knife first. She stood outside my parents bedroom, the noise coming from in there, and opened the door to find my dad in there bed with another woman. It gets better. The woman was a student of his...

After that they weren't the same anymore...as expected. They tried therapy which wasn't working well and my mother was just about done with him. Then my dad found the house online and tried desperately to convince her to have us move out here and start a new life. Finally, after putting up quite a fight against it, my mom gave in and agreed. And that brings me back to how I got the shitty end of the stick and stuck here in my "new life."

I told him basically the same thing I was telling everyone else...that it was boring and I didn't make friends. My dad shrinked me and my situation with his response of it being typical for someone on their first day to not make friends but that they will once they and others are warmed up to it...he couldn't just give me a normal dad response. I just yeah'd him and went back to eating. And so the rest of dinner was mostly spent in silence.

After dinner I went upstairs to my room to just relax. I turned my music on and crashed on my bed. With nothing else to do,of course...I grabbed my sketchbook and started to draw. I touched up what I had of my tree and started a new one. I tried to draw something more abstract...but that's not my best area, I should really stick to drawing from observation! I was so bored because there was nothing for me to do that I resorted to trying that.

With that as a fail, I retreated to the living room. I headed down there to see if there was something remotely interesting on television...not really, naturally. A few repeat episodes of shows that weren't bad, so I decided on one and went with that. A few hours went by of me sitting and watching tv in half interest. It was better than being cooped up in my room, drawing all night. At about 9:00, I decided to go upstairs and change for bed.

I got to my room, turned on my music again and pulled out a pair of sweats and a tee. I had nothing better to do and was trying not to go to bed too early so I decided to pick out an outfit for tomorrow. Plus...it would save me from having to do that tomorrow morning at the butt crack of dawn, seeing as how I'm such a morning person. After that was done, I went and told my parents I was going to bed saying my good nights. I headed back to my room. At that point, I was desperate to find anything to do... I had the idea to check up on my favorite bands and see if there was anything new with them.

It was 9:30 when I had finished up with that and decided that was good enough. I had a long weekend followed by a long day today and I hadn't been sleeping all too well, so I was pretty exhausted. After I looked at the time I said "Whatever." out loud to myself and was set on bed. I turned my music and light off, got in bed and closed my eyes.

I was finally drifting off to sleep when all of a sudden...my music started blasting from my laptop. I jumped, scared shitless, and shot up and out off bed to shut the music off. I went back to bed and laid there freaked out and confused at the same time. It was weird that my music just went off like that...I didn't shut off or close my laptop but I stopped my my playlist and exited out of my iTunes. My laptop has never done that...except for the other day when I swore I shut it off but it was on and playing when I came back to my room. It also occurred to me that the music was blaring and I don't play it too loud...or that loud, anyway. I tried to just push it off as my laptop malfunctioning so that I could get some sleep and not freak myself out causing not being able to sleep.

I slowly drifted off into sleep...

I woke up the next morning to my alarm, playing a song by one of my favorite bands. The only alarm and way I don't mind waking up to and by. I did my usual school day routine of going to the bathroom, eating breakfast, getting a shower and then getting dressed. And then I was off to school!

School went the same as the day before... Today wasn't any different. Same classes, just different assignments...same people and stares, different clothes. No, I did not make a single friend today either. I really didn't care tough...I was use to it and they were all mostly a bunch of west coast, snobby bitches anyway. The less friends, the less likely to get screwed over or stabbed in the back.

I got home, managing to avoid any type of conversation with my mother...surprisingly, and headed right upstairs to my room. I took out my books, turned on my music and did my homework as fast as I could. Finished!

I grabbed my sketchbook and pencil (this becoming a routine thing...literally) and went to sit at my window overlooking the backyard when I saw something, or someone...

Tate.

He was just sitting there, under the tree, leaning against it looking down at his hands that were folded across his waist. I smiled, with a hint of devilish intention behind it and took it upon myself to go draw outside instead and act as if it were coincidence...

I shut the back door as I left the house into the yard and walked over to my usual spot, making sure not to make eye contact and let him know I'm aware of his presence, when I heard a "Hey." I looked up to see his gorgeous friendly smile and before I could respond, he waved my over and said "Come sit with me." My heart fluttered a little as I made my way over to where he was.

"Hey." I said as I reached him and sat down. "You trespass on all of your neighbors property?" I said cocky. "No...just yours." he said with a flirty tone and smile. "Oh...well lucky me." I said in a smartass tone. "Ooo...and the hits just keep on coming." he said in a despaired voice. "What can I say...I'm a sweet person." I said jokingly. "I can see that." He said with a smile but in a genuine and serious manner. I just smiled and blushed a little. "You're not so bad yourself." I said, giving him a smile which he returned. "So...ditched me last night, huh?" He said winking at me with a smile. "Doesn't feel too good does it..." I said smirking at him. "No...I guess it doesn't and you proved your point." He said. "Good...that's all I wanted. I was actually doing that just to mess with you. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or guilty." I admitted. "I know but I'm glad you did it anyway...it shows you've got balls and I like that." He said honest and smiling. I smiled back saying "I know...thanks." He laughed.

"Was school any better today?" He asked. "Ha...not at all." I said with a laugh. "You go to Westfield, right?" He asked. "Yeah...tragically." I said. He laughed and then said "They all still preppy snobs?" He said sort of rhetorically. "They're all stuck up bitches." I said angrily. "They were when I went there...doesn't surprise me that they still are." He responded. "You went there?" I questioned in somewhat confusion. His mother Constance said he was home schooled... "Yeah, I uh...went there for awhile and then was home schooled." He answered. Before I could reply to that, my mother called me in for dinner. She had the worst timing...she really did.

"I have to go..." I said in a partial sad tone. "Okay...and sorry about school." He said apathetically. "Thanks." I said with a half hearted smile. I grabbed my stuff and started to get up.

"So...if you're not busy later on tonight, say after your parents are in bed, do you want to meet me back out here? We can hangout and talk some more... I don't sleep much anyway." He said sweetly, straight forward and hopeful for a "yes." I looked at him and after staring at each other, him with his heart-melting smile, I smiled and answered "Yes." His smile grew bigger and with that so did mine. "Great, I'll meet you right back here. Just meet me when they go to bed. I'll be around." He instructed happily. "Okay. I will. See you tonight." I said smiling. And with that I got up and went back inside.

Tonight, I was going to sneak out to see Tate...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys...I know this is late and I'm slacking! I'm really trying to keep a frequent update. With school and personal problems, it's hard to find the time to do anything let alone write... When I do have spare time, I literally spend it just relaxing doing nothing. I can't make any promises and even though I would like to say updates once a week...I just don't see it happening. But I do give you my word on writing and updating as soon as I can! I'm not giving up on this story...especially because you guys haven't. <3 So thank you to all of you who've been sticking around and for the love. I try my best and really want to say that it's worth it. Keep up all of the love, it is really appreciated! *=) I hope this chapter is good and you guys like it.