Status: well im giving this a try

Change of Family, Change of Life

Chapter 1

“Rebecca come down here at once” Called my mother up the stairs. I was an only child. My parents where slightly older and pushed me in every thing I did. But they never understood my passion for ice hockey, or my natural skill on the ice. I mean we are Irish, Ice hockey isn’t really a national past time for us. We have lived in the Middle east in a small country named Qatar for the last 11 years at 15 it was home for me. I was born in Thunderbay Ontario, my parents where working there but we moved back to Ireland before I was a year old. Growing up the local shopping center had an ice rink and I was fascinated by the hockey players that took to the ice and begged my parents to sign me up. After lots of begging they gave in and my calling was found. Fast forward and I am on a senior team and am the only female and the youngest.

“Rebecca I mean it, get down here now” Exclaimed my mother, who obviously was in a bitchy mood today.
“I’m coming “ I called back. Making my way down the stairs I saw my mum and dad siting down at our dinning room table with unknown man and a somber expression on their face.
“ Rebecca, we have something to tell you” my dad said, “ You’re not our daughter. You where swapped at the hospital. Our daughter died in the nursery when I was holding her, so I swapped babies. Sorry” He said with a unreadable expression on his face.
“ are you kidding me, really this is not funny. Why would you joke about something like this?” I screamed.
“ We aren’t joking” my ”mother” replied, not looking at me.
“ Why would you do something like that?” I shouted with tears rolling down my face.
“ we wanted child, but you didn’t turn out like we expected and we have decided that you will be returning back tot your real family. Your flight leaves in two days. You have that time to pack and say goodbye to your friends.”
“Your just getting rid of me, after all this time?”
“Yes,’ they replied coldly.

I ran upstairs with tears running down my face. I couldn’t believe I was being thrown out like yesterdays rubbish. Looking at my room I realized maybe this could be a good thing maybe my really family will be more supportive maybe I will finally feel like I belong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to know which name you guys like better for her Eloire or Maison/ Mason. comment and let me know.

- Em