Pitch Black

X

He had known excitement before. It could be felt whenever he came across something so delicious and mouthwatering, it made his limbs tremble in anticipation. He had felt it when he was summoned by his current master, Ciel Phantomhive. As a demon, he had many meals of fruitful souls filled with contempt, rage and despair. All a phenomenal combination to his unique palate. However, the Phantomhive boy was unlike something he had ever seen. The perfect mixture of hate, desperation and darkness was somehow blended with a purity that seemed impossible. It created the perfect ambrosia, an aphrodisiac to demons like himself.

All the more reason he must be on guard. Glaring daggers across the room, Sebastian eyed the unwelcome demon with murderous contempt. The way he eyed his meal was making him edgy. Nothing in the universe would come between him and his master. He felt self satisfaction when the first waves he projected came in contact with the lesser demon. He saw the trembling of the limbs and the pupils that dilated in fear. He held his composure very well in front of the audience, for Phantomhive was observing carefully.

He was surprised however, when his efforts did not deter Leonhardt's curiosity. His eyes lingered on the young man, his brows drawing together carefully as if trying to solve a puzzle. What astonished the greater demon, was the expression he carried while observing. He did not stare with hunger, or lust. He stared with simple curiosity and intrigue. When his eyes finally left the boy after the a twitch of his hand, he glared towards Sebastian sullenly. He could only control his basic urges for so long before succumbing to the fearful aura projected directly at him. In a last display of warning, Sebastian slipped one of the silver knives from his sleeve and threw it like a dagger. The mortals could not see his fluid movement, only the slight distortion of air as it sliced right past Leonhardt's face. His eyes widened as a very thin slash of red appeared and trickled down his porcelain skin. His mistress took notice and Sebastian simply smiled when his master glanced up at him darkly.

Sebastian noted the warning look, the demon's eyes flashing lightly between crimson and his natural icy toned blue. He truly did have quite beautiful eyes, Sebastian thought as he withdrew his murderous aura back inside of his body.

"My apologies. The knife slipped," he said with a cheerful smile. He had been victorious this round.

His attention turned to the murderous aura that emitted from the demon's mistress. The air in the room seemed to suck up whatever warmth existed and replaced it with frost. Her eyes glittered like hard diamonds in a look that took Sebastian's breath away. Therein lies the curiosity, he thought as he gazed at her inquisitively. Those eyes were so much like his own master's, he began trembling slightly with excitement. Two delicious meals instead of one, both exquisite and rare. He watched as the blond demon bowed and excused both him and his mistress. He cast a warning glare as he departed and closed the door without a sound.

Sebastian smiled to himself. Very curious indeed, and his interest in the Lady Katherine had grown immensely.

"You really do not like him, do you?"

He turned his attention his master, pouring more tea into the cup he held aloft. He watched the Earl take a sip and hum with approval. He had grown exceptionally particular with the types of tea he would drink.

"I never said I did not like him, my Lord. He is just very interesting to me, that is all," he assured as he gracefully plated some scones and set them before his master.

The Earl waved his hand over them in dismissal. With the irritated twitch of his brow, Sebastian removed the plate and tea. His master was ready to retire as well. Lighting a candelabra from the above from the hearth, he led the way down the shadowed corridors towards the Lord's bed chambers. He proceeded through his usual nightly routine, undressing his prey and preparing him for sleep. Like the child he used to be, he laid him down and brought the covers beneath his chin.

The Earl watched him without expression, his cursed eye glowing eerily in the candlelight. Sebastian smiled, for he so enjoyed seeing his mark upon his prey. It reminded him that all of his efforts and hard work would eventually pay off in a tasty morsel that would nourish him for years to come. However, the more he thought of eating his master's soul, the more irate he became. A strange sensation overcame him at the mere thought of extinguishing such a magnificent soul. He was an endless amusement, entertainment that was so very hard to come by.

His features darkened in annoyance. As a demon, what he was feeling was very troubling indeed. However, he had seen and sensed the same around the other demon whenever he was with his mistress. He was a traitor and weak. With the snap of his fingers, the flickering candle flames went out in wisps of smoke. Stepping into the shadows, he cast one last glance behind him.

"Sleep well, my Lord."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm liking the feel of where this is going. It's very catchy and sensual.
I love it <3

Any new or lingering readers? Comment and introduce yourself!

lAuRa