Don't Fall in Love, There's Just Too Much to Lose

One

Weddings. I never understood why people spent so much time and money on them. But my Aunt Violet wasn’t one to let things go undone to perfection. Maybe I feel this way because my boyfriend of a year dumped me prior to this trip for one of my closest friends. Whatever the reason may be, I don’t want to be at a wedding. So, here we are in England at her wedding. My father is from England but he fell in love with my mom so he came to the US and then they had me.
We’ve always visited whenever we could. When I was younger we spent a lot of time here because my older cousin Liam was sick, his kidney wasn’t working and my father came to see his godson. Now, Liam is nineteen and very well. He is apart of that boy band, One Direction. Some of my friends have posters of him on their walls but he’s still just my cousin. I went to see them in concert last year on their tour. I’m not into them but I will always support Liam.
“Olive!” Liam came up to me. His hair was shorter than the last time I saw him. His english accent was very distinct. Now he was a man.
“Liam!” I exclaimed and we hugged.
“Already hitting on girls and we’ve been here for five minutes!” A voice said. We pulled apart.
“No, you git. This is my little cousin Olive,” He said. “Olive you remember Louis.” Louis reminded me of Friedrich Von Trapp a bit. Yet he was handsome.
“You’re like two months older than me!” I said.
“You’re still two months younger,” He said in a matter-of-fact tone.
“Yes, I do remember! You visited on the last tour!” He said hugging me.
“How have you guys been?” I asked.
“About to go on another tour,” He shrugged.
“So you come to weddings on your down time with your boyfriends?” I asked smiling.
“I wouldn’t miss this for the world. Aunt Violet is the best!” He said and I couldnt agree more. Aunt Violet was the youngest of my dad and Liam’s She was definitely the cool aunt.
“How long are you here?” Louis asked me.
“For two more days,” I told him.
“Then let’s all do something!” Louis said.
“I think that’s a great idea,” Liam said.
Louis was always sweet to me. I just felt like a waste because I’m Liam’s younger cousin.
“Aunt Vi asked us to sing a song, so after save a dance for me!” Liam said as he and Louis both walked toward the little stage where a band was playing before.
“Hey, we are One Direction,” Harry said into the mic. Everybody immediately payed attention. A few younger girls screamed.
“I’d like to say congrats to my Aunt Violet and her new husband John. You guys make a wonderful couple. This is Little Things,” Liam said into the mic.
Niall, the Irish one, played guitar and they all sang. They definitely had that teenage sex appeal going for them.
At the end of the song, my aunt went over to them crying and hugging each one of them in her cupcake wedding gown.
My parents were nowhere in sight.
I went over to the bar and ordered a shot of tequila and took it. I got another one. Then another one. I felt buzzed a bit.
“Taking things slowly?” Niall came to me and said. He ordered two more shots and handed me one.
“Cheers,” he said and we both took out shots.
“Didn’t know you drank so much, Niall,” I said ordering one more shot. This was the shot that made everything become dizzy for me.
“Woah,” He said steadying me.
“Let’s dance,” I said to him and pulled him by his tie to the dancefloor. I spun around and started dancing with him. He was grinning at me.
“Stop looking at my boobs!” I pointed at him.
“You’re definitely a funny one Olive,” He said. “Where is the extremely uptight Olive?” He asked me.
“She got dumped by a douchebag back in PA,” I giggled as I moved closer to him and we danced.
We danced for what felt like an hour.
Niall started getting a buzz.
“Come on,” I whispered in his ear and we snuck out the door toward the bathrooms. I found a closet. and tugged him in with me and took his face and kissed him. He kissed me back, hard and longingly. We knocked down toilet paper and cleaning products. I pulled away and looked at him. My head was spinning so I pulled him closer.
That was all I remembered before I woke up the next morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm, not sure what this is... just a random idea...