Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Escape The Fate - Not Good Enough For Truth And Cliche

My neighborhood was always filled with old people, so it was unexpected to find a family moving into the empty house next to ours. There were two older boys, both looking to be in their 20's. I could see them walking back and forth between the moving truck from the window in the bright kitchen. Our houses were really close, only separated by a tree which had thick trunks.

The windows in my house were all open, so I could hear the chatter the two boys were creating. My dad would be home any minute and I knew I should finish the dishes otherwise I would be in for it deep. But I fond myself mesmerized by them. One of the boys was shorter than the other. He had long brown hair that rested on his shoulders. They were both fairly tan, which only proved my theory that they were of Mexican decent. The taller boy had longish, medium hair which was really messy but was definitely shorter then his brother. It was darker, as well, almost a black. They both had the whole "Skater" look going on.

"Why aren't the dishes done?!" My father yelled, surprising me, and making me jump, throwing soap bubbles everywhere.

"Dad, I..I can expl..ain." I whispered, tearing my eyes away from the window. I quickly wiped my hands off on a towel and spun around to face my father.

"You ignorant little bitch." He screeched.As he raised his hand, most likely to slap me, I took the chance to look out the window. The two boys and what looked to be their parents were standing on our porch with their mouths open. My heart sunk in my chest as I felt the familiar stinging sensation across my cheek. Dad hadn't noticed the new family through the window, but I knew they saw what had happened. The mom, an older woman, had her hand placed over her mouth, her eyes wide with shock. I didn't want to look up again in fear of dad noticing them and me being set up for a more severe punishment.

One of the boys went to say something bit I widened my eyes and shook my head, silently telling him no.

"I expect eh dishes to be done when I get back from the station." I nodded towards him as I watched him go out the garage door to his squad car. Thankfully, when looking out of the garage window, you couldn't see the front porch. I cannot believe they just saw that happen. I was doing so well to hide it from people, from this town. I had even graduated from high school without anyone noticing, and then they move in.

I hear the door bell ring as I turn my back on the window. Sucking in a breath I head to the door, knowing I had to get it over with. I passed the mirror inside the living room and sucked in a deeper breath when I noticed the red mark on my cheek. I winced knowing it would most likely bruise by morning. I didn't know what I was going to do if they said anything about it. But I knew it would be rude if I just ignored them.

Tucking my long, brown hair behind my ear, I made sure what I was wearing was appropriate. I was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple and black checkered shirt. I had on a pair of old pair of black and white vans. I readjusted my bracelets and grabbed my guitar pick that I had made into a necklace. Biting my lip, I grabbed all the courage in my small 5'3 frame and opened the front door. I looked up from under my eyelashes. There stood the family of four. They all had sympathetic looks on their faces.

"Ummm, Hello," I said aloud.

"Well, this is awkward." The shorter boy said, after a few moments. The older, fatherly looking man, reached forward and smacked him on the back of the head, causing me to flinch.

"Sorry about that," I said, looking for an excuse, "He's just...stressed. Work and all." I didn't know what to do. I was fidgeting around, playing with my necklace and bouncing my leg. I noticed the mom mumble something. I picked up a few words, "La nina de un verdadero angel."

"I'm Victor, but most people call me Vic." The shorter boy introduced himself. He nodded at me, and I nodded back, trying to control my breathing. On the outside I was cool, calm, and collected, but on the inside I was freaking out.

"My name is Victor as will," The older man stuck his hand out slowly, as if I wold flinch. I held onto his hand for a couple of seconds before going back to fidgeting with my necklace.

Before I could stop it, the woman had her arms wrapped around me. I stopped breathing, my eyes wide. My arms were out wide, not knowing if I should hug her back. After realizing that her hug was was quite nice, I found myself falling into her and wrapping my arms around her, accepting her warmth. It was the style of hug that only mothers could give. The taller boy stepped up, sweeping his mother away from me, holding my eyes with his.

"This is my mom, Vivian. I'm Mike." His voice rasped. I breathed deeply, remembering how to again. He had bright brown eyes that seemed to go really deep. The way he looked at me, it made me feel like her knew, he knew that I was faking it, and that all my secrets weren't there.

"We wanted to invite you to dinner tomorrow, you and your family." Victor said. I tore my eyes away from Mike to look at the older couple. I shifted closer to the door.

"Dad works night shift from 3 to 3." I answer.

"What about your mom and your other siblings?" Vivian asks.

I avoid I contact as I say, "My mom and brother died last year." They once again stood in silence.

I forced the emotion out of my eyes, facing my head up so it was held high. I didn't need these people feeling sorry for me. Not after everything I have been through.

"Then you come." Victor announced.

"I don't want to be a burden," I whispered. The elderly couple started making their way back to their yard, leaving me no time to argue.

"Nonsense! We'll see you see you at 6:30!" Vic yelled. It was only Mike who stood on my porch. I found myself staring again. He had sharp features, long shaggy, black-brown hair and big, bushy eyebrows. I five o'clock shadow adorned his face. He had a vertical labret and a Medusa, no piercings in his ears. I could see the tattoos on his knuckles, but not well enough to read them. He had on a Slipknot hoodie and a pair of black basketball shorts on. I could make out the tattoos on his legs, which made me wonder if he had any other tattoos. When I looked up, I found him staring at me. I quickly looked towards his feet.

"Sometimes," He started, making me look up. He stepped forward, crossing the thresh hold pf my house. I squeezed the door, trying not to break and cringe away from him. When he took another step forward, my heart constricted in my chest and I moved so the majority of my body hid behind the door. His eyes widened and he stopped moving. He looked to be having an internal battle in his mind. He took another step forward and reached his hand out to me and placed it on my cheek. His hand was warm and calloused. I could feel his fingers cover my stinging cheek and I realized he was trying to comfort me.

"Sometimes bad things happen, but then two good things come because of it." He finished. He swooped down from his tall stature and laid a kiss on my cheek. I didn't know why he did it, but it made me, for whatever reason, feel different. My heart unconstrained and I finally felt safe with someone.

"If you don't come tomorrow, you'll break my ma's heart," He stated. I felt his hand slip away from my face. I watched as he turned away from me, his hands stuffed in his jacket pockets.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74083647

Upload more later