Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

A Rocket To The Moon: Ever Enough

He was right. His family didn't ask or say anything about what happened. When it was time for me to officially meet the, I mostly hid behind Mike. His family thought it was cute that I was so shy. Vic kept me distracted most of the time. He was funny, and laid back.

For the first time in a while, I found myself laughing and enjoying my time with his family. Micheal stayed close to me the entire night, sitting next to me at dinner and on the couch, occasionally brushing his arm against my arm, putting his hand on the small of my back. It didn't bother me at all. Every time I thought about it, the harder it got to describe what it felt like to be around him. It sounds weird, especially since I only knew him for about 6 hours, but he felt like home. He felt like what my home should be.

"You can come here anytime, Angela" Vivian told me, while holding me into her body. She had been holding me for at least two minutes now, nut it wasn't uncomfortable. She really did give the hugs only a mother could give.

"Ma! We have to go, you can't keep her forever." Vic announced, from the entryway.

I opened my eyes and stared over Vivian's shoulder at the two boys. Vic was carrying a guitar over his shoulder. I didn't know what to say back to her, but 30 seconds later she let go of me.

"Thank you for having me over Mrs. Fuentes." I whispered to her, before running over to the waiting boys.

"We'll be back later Ma" Mike shouted over his shoulder. I tried to hold back the wince, and didn't succeed. Mike looked back over his shoulder at me, smiling as he did. When we stepped into the cool night air, I noticed Jaime standing in front of Mike's jeep. He was also carrying a guitar case on his back. When he saw me walking next to Mike his face lit up and he instantly ran over to me, surprising me by lifting me into his arms. He carried me as you would carry a small child, so I put instantly gripped his shoulders with my hands. He hitched me up further, wrapping his arms under my butt.

"You actually came!" The excitement in his voice was evident as he continued to ramble on and on about him not thinking I would come. I couldn't stop the smile from creeping onto my face.

"Jaime, your probably scaring her." I heard Vic tell his best friend. Jaime's eyes immediately popped out of his head. He carefully let me down before saying how sorry he was. I was in a shock, not being able to talk at all. Micheal noticed my discomfort and began to make plans.

"Since Jaime's here, I'l sit in the back with Angel. You two goofs can sit in the front. Vic will you drive?" They nodded, Jaime grabbing a hold of both guitar cases and putting them in the trunk. Vic opened the driver door, and pushed the seat forward, letting me and Mike go in first. I climbed in before Mike, and noticed the seats back there were really small. I knew I wouldn't have to seat in his lap, but because Mike had really lanky limbs, it would make it slightly uncomfortable. I sat as close to the opposite door as possible so Mike could fit. When he sat down, Vic closed the seat and got into the drivers seat. Mike looked really squished, so I tried to come up with a better position, my idea clicking into my head when the car started moving. I folded my legs under me on the seat.

I tapped his shoulder and then whispered for him to spread his legs over onto my side. He looked over at me, with a grateful look on his beautiful face. One of his legs rested on my lap and I found myself tracing the lines of his tattoo on his right arm.