Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

A Day To Remember - Over my Head

"My brother, Micheal. He has a hard time trusting people outside of his circle so you could imagine my confusion as to why he puts so much of him into you." He started, looking back at me. I chose to stay quiet, hoping he would voice his thoughts. I wasn't offended at his words at all, instead finding myself questioning that very sentence in my own mind. Why me?

"But I thought I understood then. Mike can see this side of you that you hide from everyone. The side that you showed us when Jaime was spinning you. And I think that side will come out again, more and more, until this hurt part of you will disappear. He believes he can help you get that back. But do you wanna know what I think now?" For the moment, I was staring up at him, but when he directly asked me, I looked at my hands.

"I think you can help him." At his words my gaze shifted to his face. I searched his brown eyes for a lie or something similar but all I saw was honesty and warmth, close to his younger brothers.

"What do you mean. He doesn't need to be saved." I questioned quietly. After a pregnant second Vic spoke again.

"Is that what he is doing? Saving you?"

"I've already been saves."

"And he was the one to save you?" I could tell his question was rhetorical.

"I can't tell you what and why he needs you because that's not for me to tell. All I know is you can. I want you to make me a promise." He whispered, looking directly into my eyes. I nodded, not being able to voice anything, but believing I owed him something for getting me out of here.

"Protect him." My mouth gaped open at his startling request.

"I'm no good when it comes to fights or yelling matches." I stated, as if it should be obvious.

"I can handle that part. Trust me. I mean protect him...from himself." He placed his hands on my shoulders, turning me to face him. Why would he need protection from himself?

"What are you guys talking about?" I jumped at Micheal's voice. When I looked over at him, I noticed he was smiling at us. It was the look in his eyes that made me realize what Vic was talking about. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. His smile was genuine, like he was happy to see me and his older brother getting along so well. But there was a hidden emotion tucked away into his golden orbs. Something that I saw every morning when I looked at myself in the mirror. He was broken.

"I'll be upstairs in a minute okay Mikey?" I smiled over at him carefully. He smile instantly widened and he nodded his head.

"Alright baby girl." I didn't look away until I was sure he was out of hearing range. When I turned my gaze back to Vic, he was smiling down at me. Making up my mind in that second. That was all it took for it to finally set in. They all loved me, in some way or another they all loved me. I realized I loved them too. I loved Jaime's excited-ness, and Tony's quietness. I loved Vic and his possessiveness, and his ability to read any situation and have advice for it. I loved Mike because he showed me what it was like to feel again, that it was okay to feel sad and happy and scared, that it was okay to trust someone.

"I promise you Victor." He let out a sigh of relief at my answer, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling me into his chest.

"Thank you gorgeous." He whispered before pressing his lips into my hair. When he pulled away from me, he smiled down at me, swiping his thumbs across my cheeks.

"Don't cry pequeño. I'll be back later to see you guys off."

"Okay." Before he walked off the porch he turned back to me.

"Spend time with Mikey." He mocked me, in saying his brothers nickname. Then he completely disappeared from my view.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys!!!!