Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Sleeping With Sirens - Roger Rabbit

Coming out of the room, I walked to the cash register and asked the manager, Tom, what section I was working.

"C." I nodded, looking over at my normally empty section. I found Mitchell, a lovely older mam who normally came in around eight. Unfortunately, so was Mike, who sat in a corner booth staring over at me. Sighing, I smoothed back my hair and walked to Mitchell.

"Hey Mitch," I said sweetly. Mitch was a talkative old man that always brought a smile to my face.

"Hello little lady." He smiled up at me.

"What are you doing up so early?" Leaning against the opposite booth, my back facing MIke.

"Lacey had me up all night. Couldn't sleep."

"Well you tell her I said Hi will ya?" He nodded his head vigorously.

"The usual?"

"You know me well Angie." I laughed quietly.

"I'll place your order as soon as I get his order k?" I asked, pointing my pen towards Michael.

"Deal." I smiled again, as he winked. Turning around, I looked up at Mike.

"My name is Angela. Can I start you of with some coffee this morning?" I asked politely.

"Yes please." He answered. I nodded my head and made my way behind the counter. Placing the ticket holding Mitchell's order on the rack, I moved around in the space behind the counter grabbing the coffee pot and a mug. I placed the mug on a serving platter and filled a tall glass with orange juice. Carrying the platter in one hand and the hot coffee pot in another, I made my way over to the tables. Putting the coffee on an empty table, I put the orange juice in front of Mitch. I then put the coffee mug in front of Mike, who had moved over to sit in the same booth as Mitchell. Filing up the cup with coffee I waltzed back to the coffee maker. Hearing them talk, I breathed in again deeply.

"Are you ready to order?" I asked.

"I'll have the pancake platter with everything except the toast." I nodded, writing it down on my pad. I hid my emotions from them, turning around to go place the order. To keep myself appear busy, I messed around with the menu's and refilled the salt and pepper shakers. After a few minutes, Mitchell's food was ready so I grabbed the plate, careful not to touch the food.

"Here you go old man." I smiled. He smiled back at me, releasing a throaty laugh.

"When are you going to finally quit this job and move away. You shouldn't be around here anymore." Mitch asked me, getting serious. I thought about it.

"I'll go when you go fix things with your son." I answered cheekily. His face fell. I heard a bell ding meaning my food was done. Shaking my head and walking back towards the counter. The cook nodded at me, eyeing me up and down.

"Here is your food sir." I announced, not making eye contact with Mike. I found myself actually busy with the next couple of costumers. Looking over and seeing them both waiting at the register, after some time had passed, I made my way over to them.

"How was your breakfast Mitchey?" I questioned. He handed me the regular amount of money. waiting for the receipt to print, I avoided eye contact.

"Good as usual, since you were serving me," Laughing, I looked up at him. He winked at me.

"Now now, what about our dear Lacey?"

"That old dog?" He piffled. Smiling up at him, I handed him his receipt.

"Bye Mitchell!" I waved.

"I think your forgetting something dear." He announced. Faking a sigh I leaned up in my tip toes and planted a kiss on his cheek. I wiped off the smudged lipstick.

"Bye Princess." He walked towards the door.

"You guys seem close." Mike announced as I rung him up.

"He's like a father to me," I answered, " and that will be $5.40" He handed me a twenty dollar bill.

"Keep the change." He said nonchalantly. I gaped up at him.

"That's like thirteen dollars!" I said. " I can't take that."

"I saw Mitch slip you a twenty." He stated. I sighed, handing over his receipt, defeated. I would just sleep the ten dollars in his pocket at dinner or something. As he was walking out the door, he turned around and said something.

"I'll be back by 11." Before I could protest he had disappeared from the doorway.