Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

A Day To Remember - "All Signs Point To Lauderdale"

The rest of my shift was spent worrying about the dinner with the new family. By the end of the day I was tired of smiling. Everybody that worked there was a creep, and I couldn't wait to quit this job. When I walked out of the back room and out of the diner, my eyes fell on the familiar white jeep that gave me a ride this morning.

"I can walk." I said, walking over to Mike who was leaning on his car.

"See, I'm a gentlemen." He replied.

"Oh ya?" I playfully questioned back.

"Ya, and when I know when one of my friends doesn't have a ride I will give them one." He answered, stepping closer to me.

"So, I'm your friend now?" Moving so we were circling each other. I was now facing him, my back to the truck. He was staring into my eyes, and I was staring right back. Strangely, I wasn't afraid anymore, everything melted away.

"I have adopted you as my new best friend."

"Oh, doesn't the adoptee have a say in the adoption?" I asked cheekily.

"Nope, not at all." He answered.

"hmmm." I came back from his orbs, noticing my back was against the jeep. His arms were on either side of me, keeping me locked in his arms. For such an intimidating stance, I wasn't that scared. I was surprisingly confortable.

"When we were in the car. I didn't mean what I said." I cocked my head to the side to the side. He was whispering to me. Almost like he didn't want to scare me.

"I've never been in a situation where I have felt the need to protect someone other than my family." He breathed out. I wanted to tell him that I didn't need his protection. I wanted to tell him that I didn't need him, but my words got stuck in my throat. I swallowed thickly, thinking of how I could tell him that without saying it. He seemed sincere about his words though, like he really wanted to protect me. So my next action, went without thinking. I flung my arms around his neck, squeezing myself to his body. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly, puling me flush against him. I was on my tip toes, in order to reach him.

"No-one has ever made me feel as safe as you have." I whispered into his ear. If it was even possible, he held me tighter.

"Mike!" I heard a voice yell. I jumped slightly, unwrapping myself from him. My face flushed when I realized it was Jaime Preciado. A loud young man who often came into the diner with Tony Perry. They were an odd pair together because Tony was extremely quiet. I carefully and quietly moved so I was standing behind Mike, him acting as a barrier shield.

"How was the move man?" He asked loudly, making me jump again and shiver slightly into Mike's back.

"It was okay." He answered.

"So your parents are all settled then?" Tony asked. I liked Tony better then Jaime because he was the quieter of the two. He gave off a mellow vibe , whereas Jaime was unpredictable. I was unaware of what he could do at any given moment.

"My parents are, yes." Mike answered.

"What about you guys?" I squealed at Jaime's sudden voice change and pushed myself farther against Michael. He stumbled forward a bit, leaving me out in the open for a few moments before I hid myself behind him again.

"Who's that!" Jaime shouted excitedly. I grabbed onto Mike's back, pleading with him to not say anything about me. I didn't know if I would be able to handle keeping my fear in if Jaime kept yelling. I felt his arm slip around my waist.

"My new temporary neighbor." He said simply. I pushed my forehead in between his shoulder blades, waiting for the yelling again.

"Why is she hiding?" Jaime asked. I wondered for a minute what he was going to say. Hopefully not about what he saw.

"Ask her yourself." He answered. My eyes widened at what he said. I let him pull my body from around his, terrified of what woud happen.

"Hey Angela," Tony said with a surprised tone.

"You know her" Mike asked, protectively putting an arm around my shoulders. My arms wound tightly around my stomach. Without thinking I turned my body to face his.

"She was a year behind us in high school. She was the only girl in shop class." Jaime announced. I shrunk farther into Mike. Both tony and Jaime were both rocking back and forth on their feet.

"Why were you hiding behind Mike?"

JAime asked. I had to think quickly. What can I tell them? Oh!

"I wanted to surprise you! Ta-da!!" I yelled softly, painting a smile on my face. Mikes arm fell from my shoulders. The look on their faces was one of shock.

"Are you okay?" Jaime asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
You all should say thanks to my best friend. She keeps me in check. ;) I love you Boo! Read her stories!!

http://www.mibba.com/Member/311478/ or look her up... little_fishy_13

Thank you to all who subscribed!!!

Muah!!!!