Status: Active

Light up the Sky

Kiss Me Again

"I need a shower."

"If you need any help with that, I'd be glad to offer a bit of assistance." Jeremy said with a smirk.

I sighed as my face turned bright red once again. He had been making comments like that for the past few days, ever since our conversation behind the buses, and seemed to enjoy the fact that it always made me blush.

Even still, he hadn't made a real move yet, hadn't confirmed or denied any feelings for me. I was starting to wonder if his teasing and jokes had any real meaning behind them.

"I'll be sure to let you know." I mumbled as I grabbed my clothes and retreated into the shower.
"So what's the plan for today?" Jeremy asked. Even though it seemed to be a general question, I knew he was speaking specifically to me.

"What have I been doing every day, Jeremy?" I said with a sigh as I fiddled with the settings on my camera. Slowly, I was starting to become more open with the band, and I usually spent the entire day with at least one of them. Today, though, was our first day off, for two days in between the Las Cruces and Las Vegas shows, and I would probably be spending a lot of time cooped up in the bus with all of them.

"You've been working. Now it's time to go do something fun."

I laughed and shook my head; Jeremy's idea of fun, I discovered, was not the same as mine. I liked going over my pictures, reading books, or just sleeping in my bunk. He, however, liked to go make mischief with the rest of the band, or party if we had the time.

"Sorry, Jeremy. I think I'm just gonna stay inside for now."

He gave me a little pout and said, "Please, come do something with me for just a few hours? The rest of the guys are going out and I need something to do."

I sighed and, always a sucker for pouting, grudgingly agreed. He gave a little cheer and hugged me tightly, making my heart beat rapidly.

"And, just to be nice, I'll even let you pick what we do," he said. "As long as it doesn't involve staying in the bus."

I groaned and said, "Fine, but I'll have to go change."

I went back into the bathroom and traded my ratty sweats for a pair of shorts and an ADTR shirt that Kevin had given me, along with a pair of Vans that I had gotten for free at the beginning of the tour. When I was done, I found Jeremy sitting on the steps of the bus, wearing a pair of aviator sunglasses and a smirk.

"There's a Waffle House a couple blocks away from here, if you wanna go grab some breakfast first." he said as we walked from where the bus was parked.

"Sounds great." I said, flashing a small smile.

As we walked, the sun blared down on us, shining directly in our face. I frowned and tried to squint through it, but even that wasn't helpful. Suddenly, the world grew darker as Jeremy pushed his sunglasses onto my face.

"I figured you needed them more than I did," he said. "Plus, you look a bit better in them than I do."

A few minutes later, we found the Waffle House and sat down across from each other. We made a bit of small talk, until the waitress came over to take our order.

"Can you put those on separate bills?" I asked as the woman finished writing.

"Don't bother, I'll pay." Jeremy said quickly, and the woman left before I could protest.

"You don't have to do that, I have money."

"It's alright, I don't mind. That's what guys are supposed to do anyway."

"Yeah, when they're taking a girl on a date." I said with a laugh.

"Isn't that what this is?"

I stared at him for a second, trying to find some sign in his expression to let me know that he was joking, but to my surprise, he looked completely serious.

"When did this ever become a date?" I said, probably sounding harsher than I had meant to.

"I just decided." he said simply.

"If you insist," I laughed "but don't expect me to kiss you goodnight."

"Trust me, Hanna," he said, staring deep into my eyes "by the end of the night, you'll change your mind."
Jeremy and I quite literally spent the entire day together. We bounced from book shops to corner stores, wasting time in one place or another until we had to be back at the bus. By the time we headed back, the sun was dipping below the horizon.

"So how was our date?" Jeremy asked as he linked his arm with mine.

"Jeremy, this was not a date." I said with a laugh and a shake of my head.

"That's what you think." he said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes, but still kept my arm linked with his. Honestly, the day had kind of felt like a date. He treated me to breakfast and lunch, let me pick where I wanted to go, and held every door open for me (though the last part was probably just him being his gentlemanly self). Even though I was still afraid to admit that he might not have been joking, I liked the feeling of going out with him.

As we got back to the bus, Jeremy pulled me to a stop outside. I looked up at him, slightly confused.

"How 'bout that kiss?" he said, his voice low and throaty.

I wanted to so badly, I couldn't even laugh it off.

Still, I protested. "Jeremy, this wasn't a date," I said as I stared down at my shoes.

He frowned and tucked a finger under my chin, pushing up gently until I was staring him right in the eye. Something about his hurt expression made my chest ache.

"I'm not gonna make you," he said softly "but I really want you to. All I'm asking for is a kiss."

I bit my lip, still unsure. Before I could even give him an answer, he leaned forward and ever so gently brushed his lips against mine. I froze, so shocked and scared and unsure of what to do- how long had it been since my last kiss?- but Jeremy didn't seem to mind. His lips hovered near mine, close but not quite touching, until I remembered how to move and hesitantly returned the kiss.

Now I won't lie and say that it felt like some weird spark or electric shock was running between us, but his kiss left my stomach turning somersaults and my heart pounding double time.

"See? Told you I'd get that kiss." he said with a smirk, before he lead me onto the bus.
The next morning, I rolled out of bed still groggy, and got up to make myself a cup of coffee. It was still early, and we had the day off, so the rest of the band was still soundly asleep.

As I was dumping sugar in my coffee, I felt a hand on my lower back and a rough voice whispered in my ear.

"You know, that stuff's really bad for you."

I laughed and turned around to face Jeremy. Almost immediately, his lips found mine and he pressed me up against the counter as we kissed. As I felt his hands on my waist, I wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly, he broke the kiss to lift me up onto the counter, then started to kiss me again.

"You're getting really good at that." he said as he broke the kiss, sounding slightly breathless.

"I guess I can thank you for that." I said, trying to hold back a grin.

He smiled as he bent down and rested his head on my shoulder. I sighed contentedly, taking a moment to just enjoy the feel of another person holding me, because it had been so long since I had even had the chance to.

Suddenly, I heard someone loudly clear their throat, and both of our heads whipped around to find Alex standing in the hall with a smirk on his face.

"And it took you an entire week?" he said with a chuckle. "'Bout time."

I blushed bright red; had everyone seen this coming except for me?

Jeremy looked back at me and smiled.

"What can I say? She's stubborn."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hanna's Outfit

Thanks to all of my readers and subscribers! Let me know your thoughts. (: