Status: Active

Somewhere in Neverland

I'm Waking Up

My head was throbbing and my chest felt tight as I tried to breathe in. I tried to remember something that could help me, eventually drawing a blank. The only thing I could remember was being dumped inside a van. Or maybe it was a car?

Wherever I was now, I knew it wasn't home. Or anywhere near it. I heard the faintest sound of water dripping, the smell of mold strong in the air. I wasn't tied up, but I couldn't move because my muscles refused to cooperate.

I forced my eyes open, gasping when my vision cleared. Little light came in from outside a boarded window and the walls were made of a slick-looking brick. The floor was barely more than dirt, and it was freezing.

Panic set in as soon as I saw chains on the wall furthest from where I lay, but I couldn't scream as much as I tried. My throat was dry and swallowing was near impossible.

I groaned as I forced myself into a sitting position, leaning against the dampened wall for support.

"Help!"

I sighed in defeat as the scream was barely above a whisper, clearly not what I had intended. A chuckle came from the other side of the room, where the chains were, and I jumped, whimpering at the sharp pain it caused.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here, Gracie."

I opened my mouth to speak, but settled for a nod.

"You're here because I need you to be. And I realize you can't talk so I brought you this."

The man walked closer to me, and the sliver of light from a crack in a board shone on his face, illuminating a strong jawline. He set a cup in my hand, leaning closer to me.

"Don't worry, love. It's just water."

I was hesitant at first, watching any move he made before I parted my lips, taking a small sip. Once I realized he wasn't trying to poison me, I finished the water off, handing the cup back to him slowly.

Once he had the cup, he walked back to his spot quickly, shielding his face from my view. I could barely make out the shape of his figure, but he was nothing short of attractive.

"I'm sorry about where you're staying, Gracie. You can understand why I wouldn't trust you yet."

Anger boiled in my blood. He couldn't trust me?! I didn't fucking kidnap him!

He chuckled softly, folding his arms across his chest. "Yes, you didn't kidnap me. I took you, love. But I did it because you wouldn't be safe without me."

"S-Safe?! I'm not safe!"

He growled, suddenly a mere foot from me. How the hell did he...? And my thoughts..he..?

"You will not question me!"

I jumped slightly at the anger in his voice, swallowing quickly. "I'm s-sorry."

He bent to my level, and I could see his face better than before. I stared unblinkingly at him as realization set in; he had disappeared last year! He was supposed to be dead!

He stroked my cheek softly, smiling mockingly at me. I flinched at the cold of his fingers, but I couldn't move away from him. I knew that I wanted to, but I just...couldn't.

"I am dead, Gracie. But I'm just alive as you."

His eyes sparkled in amusement, and I found myself lost in the caramel color of them. Flecks of red and gold were mixed with the brown, and I gasped once he withdrew his touch. A smirk was on his lips and he pressed a cool kiss to my forehead.

"I hope you'll piece it together before I get back. But of course, you're a smart girl. I trust you will."

I watched as he turned, a sinking feeling arising in my gut. "D-Don't go! Please..."

"I'll be back, Gracie."

The door swung open and he walked out, shutting it behind me. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like I couldn't think. None of this made any sense!

Alex...was dead. Wasn't he? Police said that they found his body, and it looked as if he had been attacked by an animal. There was no way someone could survive something like that. Unless..

Unless he wasn't human.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I couldn't wait to put the update. Well, this might have been a shock. Yes? No? Good so far? Lemme know!(: