Status: Active

Somewhere in Neverland

Ignorance Isn't Bliss

I was positive about two things now that I had figured out who and what he was. Okay, what he wasn't.

The first was obvious. Or it should have been, but I was a little preoccupied freaking out because I was taken. Kidnapped. Whatever. He wasn't human, but I didn't know what he was other than not like myself.

The second made me question my insanity, if only for the mere fact that I suddenly wasn't afraid of him anymore. He said he 'needed' me, meaning he wouldn't kill me. At least, not yet. And that thought comforted me. Until, that is, common sense sank in.

I wasn't afraid of him because I knew he needed me, but for what, I wasn't sure. On the other hand, not knowing what he needed me for was slightly frightening. The fact that he wasn't human might have added to that.

In the time that he had gone and I had fallen back asleep, he managed to sneak in a cot and a blanket. A lamp, too, I noticed. Although, he could have just not let me see what horrible place I was being held captive in.

Then...I had no room to complain at all. Under normal circumstances, I would be dead. Or sold to someone that dealt with sex trafficking.

Yet being held by someone that wasn't human meant other consequences.

I knew he could hurt me. I knew if I said the wrong thing, being starved was the least of my worries. I knew that if I let on I knew something he didn't want me to things wouldn't be pleasant. Not that this situation at all could be looked at as pleasant.

The door creaking had me snapping out of my thoughts and digging my nails into my crossed legs, shifting slightly on the scratchy fabric of the cot. I held my breath for what seemed like a minute before the door opened slightly, revealing a partially shadowed man. Er, thing. Alex!

"Grace?"

"Y-Yes?"

"In a few minutes, I'll send for Katherine to collect you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took in a breath. "Uh...collect..me?"

He rolled his eyes, the ends of his lips curving into a smile. "Yes, Grace. Collect you to give you a bath and dress you in something more..suiting."

I resisted the natural impulse to retort something snarky, chewing on my lip before speaking, "What are we doing?"

"We are having dinner."

I laughed softly, coughing to cover it. "Dinner? Isn't that ironic?"

His eyes darkened slightly, his lips pressing into a line. "Ironic?"

"Yeah. You're dead."

"I'm perfectly aware, Grace. You are trying my patience tonight. I'd watched you for a long time, and you never seemed the ignorant type."

I blinked. "Ignorant?"

"Yes, your behavior. I'll give you until Katherine gets here to change your...attitude. Don't make me do something I'll regret."

He said nothing more as the door clicked behind him, and the familar words swirled in my head, reminding me again that he was something not to mess with.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate writing filler chapters probably just as much as you hate reading fillers. But at least Grace's personality is being brought to light.
Thanks, Alexis.
It'll pick up soon so don't leave me.
Or Alex. (;
Short, I know. But I'm tired. The next few will be worth it..hopefully. I'll just leave you, then. And I apologize for the weird A/N. You'll get used to it.