‹ Prequel: Louder Than Words
Status: This some kind of madness is starting to evolve...

Silent Restraint

Episode 11: Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

At the same time Amare and Sam sat huddled in the backseat of the Impala in the middle of Wisconsin, Emma and Hayden were having a heated argument in a hotel room somewhere in northern Maine.

"You're a fucking idiot!" Emma yelled, throwing a pillow at Hayden as hard as she could. It hit him in the chest with a solid thump. They were standing on either side of one of two double beds in their room, facing each other.

"I'm trying to save your fucking life!"

"Will you please just make up your god damned mind? I'm so sick of you leading me on and then dropping me off."

"Dropping you off where? You're dying, Emma. I'm not gonna leave you there so you can starve to death."

"Well you can't just leave me there for a month and then decide to just pull me out. They're gonna be suspicious you ignorant little fuck." She punctuated each emphasized word with another thrown pillow. She paused, sad that she was out of pillows, before starting again in a quieter voice. "They're gonna come after me. They're gonna know I was ratting. They're gonna kill you. I need to go back. Right now."

"You aren't going back," he insisted.

"And you're supposed to stop me?" she demanded. "Fuck you."

Emma turned around and started heading towards the door.

"Emma, stop."

Something in those two words made her turn around and change her mind almost immediately. He'd come around the bed and had a hand out. He touched her arm and said something. Her head was swimming ever-so-slightly and she didn't quite catch it, but it sounded similar to 'I'm sorry'. She nodded slowly and her stomach growled.

“I’m not trying to lead you on or... or drop you off anywhere. It’s just...”

A smile tugged at half of her face. “There’s been worse things.”

He raised his eyebrows. “Oh really?” She nodded, but didn’t elaborate.

This time when she kissed him there wasn’t a fight. Just relief. And when her jaws closed around his neck and his soft flesh broke, she literally thought she was going to die, it felt so damn good. She didn’t take much, just enough to sate her rumbling tummy. She Was on her back on the bed, her legs wrapped around his waist. She didn’t remember getting into that position, but she wasn’t fighting it. And neither was he.

She didn’t know whether she was going to stay or leave with Hayden just yet, but for right now, this was enough.

<><><Back to a few days later><><>

Garth was there by the time Amare and Sam got back. There were bubbles in her tummy and her fingertips buzzed with the feeling of him, but she managed to hold herself together and not force him out of his clothes in the middle of everything. Sam was having more issues, though; he couldn’t seem to keep his hands off of her. She managed to detach long enough to receive a warm hug Garth.

“Hey, G.” she smiled. She hadn’t seen the kid in a long time and she missed him.

His accent made her smile harder. “Bayleigh! God damn is it good to see you.” His cheeks were bulging around his smile and his face was red and his hair was messed up a bit. But she saw underneath that, to where there were new wrinkles on his forehead and around his eyes and mouth, his scruffier-than-usual chin, his hollow face and skinny arms. He’d lost a lot of his youth since she last saw him, and it made her sad. “I hear tell you got some stuff to tell me. We was all worried ‘bout you, Bayleigh. Didn’t know where you’d gone to. But Sam got you back, ain’t that right.” Now he engulfed Sam in one of infamous his hugs.

The other three were already seated in the living room and Amare dreaded going in there. She didn’t sign up for this. She just wanted to get Sam out and make sure everything was okay with everybody and then go on her own way and find Evagoras. She looked at Sam and he looked back at her with so much understanding that it made her knees weak. Sam lead her into a the kitchen; Fozzy’s sudden arrival distracted the rest of the gathering.

“You don’t want to do this,” he said matter-of-factly, a pout under his words.

She sighed. “And I don’t have time for it. I have to go up North and then I have to find Evagoras, wherever he went. I have to make sure he’s safe. I don’t want to leave. Not entirely. But I have to.”

“Okay. Go. I’ll tell your story. I can do it.”

“Some of it I don’t want told, though,” she murmured. “I don’t want them to know about me and Ren and what we are. I don’t want them to know about Evvie.”

“Okay.” He kissed her head. “When will I see you again?”

She shrugged. “I’ll call you tonight.” She planted a kiss on his jawline and was gone.

...

Wibwibwibwibwib (those are my rewind sound effects)

Dex pulled the sleeves of her hoodie down and bunched them in her hands. She wasn’t really one to be uncomfortable in new situations with new people, but this was a little much for her, what with them all being demon hunters and such. Not to mention, Dean had barely looked her way since Reagan waltzed into the picture and that was a little less than uplifting. Not that she was looking for a relationship, especially not with Dean if he was the Dean he said he was, but she enjoyed the attention of a beautiful piece of man.

It wasn’t that she didn’t like Dean; she liked him just fine and she pretty much looked up to him. But she just didn’t feel like she would really be a good match for someone that emotionally compromised, seeing as how she couldn’t even make it through a normal relationship. But that was a long story and she didn’t want to go into it.

The group moved into the living room and were sitting around, talking in low voices. Reagan had passed out beers, but the gangly man named Garth had a bottle of cherry soda. He was cute and reminded Dex of a preteen, but he had to be almost as old as the rest of them. Sam and Amare arrived about an hour later, after having escaped to god knows where to do god knows what, and they were closely followed by a man with rust-colored hair.

Dex watched Amare’s face pale out of the corner of her eye, and her and Sam retreated into the kitchen. She leaned over to eavesdrop, but shook her head and chided herself for having a weird obsession with their ridiculously adorable relationship. She was distracted with a new round of introductions to this man, Foster. He was cute and Dex found herself looking at him a lot. ‘

Next thing she knew, though, the front door closed and Amare was gone. Sam sat down on the arm of the couch she shared with Dean and huffed out a long breath.

“Bayleigh had to go.” He paused and Dex frowned. Why was everyone calling Amare Bayleigh? She decided to keep her mouth shut; the girl was pretty shady but the Winchesters seemed to trust her, so who was she to question it? “She has other things she has to do right now, so I’m going to tell you what I know.” He swallowed, his Adam’s apple bobbing in a way that looked dangerous, as if it may break through the skin at any moment. Then he began talking.

<><><Several days later, North Dakota><><>

“I know, I’m here. I’ll see you lat-- holy shit.” The phone slid down her cheek as she pulled into Syd’s driveway. She vaguely heard Sam asking what was wrong, but horror was invading all of her senses.

The door was torn from the hinges of the familiar blue house. The garage was nearly collapsed. Most of the windows were busted out and there were no signs of life anywhere. But that’s not what had her heart pounding in her throat; there was a message on the front of the house that she knew was for her.

We’ll find you.


It was written in what looked like blood. She shuddered, her mouth hanging open. She reached to turn off the car and realized her phone was still in her hand.

“Amare. Are you there? Tell me--”

“They found Syd,” she said hoarsely.

“What? What happened.”

“I don’t know. I have to go. I’ll-- I’ll call you later.”

“I’m coming up there--” She snapped the phone shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one, I think, is probly gonna be a lot longer than the other ones. Like those were only like 11 episodes long, well here we are with Silent Restraint 11 and I'm pretty much not nearly done. I kinda want this to be the last story, though, so... I don't know. We'll see.

Feedback, guys, please. Please, Please, Please. I need it. I can't go on without it.


Soundtrack:
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards by Tame Impala (Title song)
Home by The Dangerous Summer
Take Care by A Change of Pace