‹ Prequel: Louder Than Words
Status: This some kind of madness is starting to evolve...

Silent Restraint

Episode 14: Fool in the Rain

Dean slammed the door behind him. The shower was running and Dex was humming rather loudly. He set his grocery bags down on the table and threw his keys on the bed, followed by his Carhart jacket. He opened his mouth to announce his arrival, but stopped when the humming turned into a muffled and off-key rendition of Led Zeppelin. 

Now I will stand in the rain in the corner. I watch the people go shuffling downtown-ah. 'Nother ten minutes no longer, and the. I'm turning around round. Ah now the clock on the wall's moving slower, and my heart it sinks to the ground. And the storm that I thought would blow over clouds the light of the love that I found. Fo-ound. Light of the love that I found. Light of the love that I found. Light of the, yeah. Light of the, yeah. Light of the love that I found. Da dada da...

The words turned back into off-key humming and then the shower shut off. A few seconds later, Dex emerged with eyeliner smudged underneath her eyes and a wifebeater and sweats on. She was tying her hair back in a dark wet braid. Dean smiled at her, eyes crinkling at the corners. He was sitting at the table. 

"Fool in the Rain?" he asked through his smirk. 

She looked at him with wide eyes like she hadn't noticed he was there. "Fuck yea," she said, cockiness returning as fast as it had departed. "Fantastic song."

He held up his hands. "No argument here."

"Didja get the stuff?" she grinned. 

"Pie," he took the pie out of the bag, "and sissy drinks." He pulled out a bottle of whipped cream vodka and orange soda. "And man drinks." The whiskey was already opened on the table. 

"Not even gonna use a cup," she said, shaking her head. 

"I don't see why I need one."

Dex just shook her head again. Dean waited until she'd gotten some alcohol in her before he asked the question that had been floating around on his brain for a while since he had been able to think of anything other than finding Sam. So he asked it. 

"Why?"

"Hm what? What-- why what?" She sloshed a little bit of her drink on the table and he worried that he may have waited too long. 

"You said you got people to go back to, so why not? Why'd you become a drifter anyways."

She groaned. "Ugh, Jimmy, that's a horrible story. So messy and I hate it." She downed the rest of her drink and slammed the cup down, then sighed. "Ugh well I was getting married. It was on the beach. And it started raining in the middle of fucking July, like how often does that happen, so I took it as a sign and I decided I didn't love him, or life all that much. I was really depressed up before the wedding. And then I looked out of my window and everyone was still there even though it was raining and I took off my dress, ran home, packed a bag, and I haven't seen any of em for years. My parents probly hate me. He probly still loves me, the big old sap. I just can't do commitment. I'm, uhm, emotionally claustrophobic. That's why I'm not all over you, Jim, Dear. Not for lack of looks, no siree. I mean come on," she stood up and started walking around, "talk about lips of a fucking angel, Jesus Christ."

Dean chuckled. "So you just up and left."

"Like a bitch," she smiled. 

"Seems like you and Sam's girlfriend have something in common."

She sat down again, eyebrows raised. "Amare left?"

"Yup. That's how half this shot started. Now I gotta make sure she doesn't leave again."

"Oh you poor dear."

"You ever think about going back?"

"'Course. It'd be inhuman not to." She paused, looking at him. "Do you?" she asked. 

"Go back to who?" He looked mildly startled. 

She smiled. "There's someone. I can see it. Who is it?"

He shook his head with a grim smile. "No one I wanna talk about."

She groaned and leaned back in her seat. "Party pooper." The look on his face told her she pushed a button, so she cast around for another topic. Suddenly it came to her. "You wanna know something great?" she asked. 

He grunted. "What."

"My mom owns this pretty high-end spa and I used to work there like over the summer, and I learned a few things." She stood up and placed her hands on his shoulders, rolling her fingers into the muscles at the base of his neck. "When I was eighteen, there was this guy who worked there doing massages and stuff, and you should have seen this guy. I mean, shit. Like I can guarantee you would have been attracted to him, I don't care how heterosexual you think you are. He was... just godly. Like, ugh-"

"Okay..." He groaned as his neck popped and her fingers traveled down his back. 

"Okay so I was trying really really hard to get in his pants, so I asked him to give me some massage lessons or whatever, cause I thought that would be pretty sexy and long story short I'm a rather decent masseuse now."

Dean groaned again and leaned harder against the table so she could reach more of his back. "I can see that. Did you ever get in his pants?"

She laughed, shaking her head. "I practiced with him for a few weeks, and then one day he forgot something at home and had his boyfriend come drop it off for him."

He laughed, then, too. A deep laugh that shook his shoulders that she hadn't heard much of but made her heart flutter when she did. "Rejected," he said, still chuckling. 

"Yea, fuck you. Now take off your shirt and get on the table."

"Well damn woman, at least buy me dinner first," but he obliged without further questioning. 

<><><><><>

Sam slid out of the passenger seat of Amare's truck. Zeke hopped out after him stretching immediately to the end of his leash, clutched in Sam's huge hand. He pulled the puppy back and scooped him up, then grinned at Amare and met her at the front of the truck, taking her hand. They walked towards their hotel room door, until they heard the sounds coming from the one next door. 

"Ow, fuck Dex that--"

"Take it like a man, you baby."
  
"-I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to hurt- dammit!"

"Fine, here-" 

There was a pause and then they heard Dean groan. Sam looked at Amare. 

"Do you think we should go in?"

Amare shrugged, then checked the door handle. It was unlocked, so she went in. Dean was splayed out on the table with his head and arms were hanging off one side and his calves and feet off the other. Dex was straddling his back and pushing into his left shoulder blade with her elbow and supporting herself with a hand curled over his shoulder. 

"How's that?" she asked. He just groaned in response. Neither of them seemed to have noticed Sam or Amare, so the two of them just slipped out the door and decided to leave them alone. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Because that last one took so long to get out, here's a tidbit that's been poking at me for a while now. Hoped you liked(:

Soundtrack:
Fool in the Rain by Led Zeppelin