‹ Prequel: Louder Than Words
Status: This some kind of madness is starting to evolve...

Silent Restraint

Epilogue Part 2: Finality

Dex opened her eyes slowly.

She sat up, surprised that she was as aware as she was. She remembered everything: finding the monster, living her dream, waking up to Dean and calling him a liar. Now she was laying on a bed in a dark room, the light off but the door opened just enough to let a sliver of light through. She checked and found herself in the same clothes that she was in when she found the djinn.

She got out of the bed and went through the door, unsure of what she would find. Curious, she flicked on the light switch behind her and looked behind her. It was a bedroom. There was a picture of a blonde woman on the night stand. A leather jacket and a plaid flannel was draped over the back of the desk chair. She turned the light back on and went out into a hallway. As she decided on going right, Dean walked into the hallway from the left. He stopped when he saw her, a strange expression on his face.

"I was just coming to check on you," he said.

"Where am I ?"

Dean gave a kind of half-smile. "The Batcave."

She laughed. "I don't know what that means."

He told her to follow him. They walked back the way he had come from and he showed her around. He called it the Bunker, and explained to her how he came upon it; that he met his grandfather. He joked that he turned domestic since they last saw each other. She asked after Sam, and he told her that him and Amare had left, but he didn't tell her why. She didn't press it. It felt odd reexplaining her post-Dean adventures to him, but she did it anyways.

When Dex asked where she could take a shower, she didn't expect it to turn out the way it had in the djinn's dream. But she figured it was the best possible solution seeing as she didn't have anything to wear anyways. Being naked while her clothes were being washed was a better alternative than putting them back on, dirty and torn.

Dex knew Dean's body like the back of her hand; his strong shoulders and neck, sleek, flat chest and stomach. Even the exact soft curve of his hips. But, she kept reminding herself, she had never actually touched him before. So she took her time now, running her hands over warm flesh, flawless but for hundreds of scars, each with its own story. When they were done, she tried counting them but forgot about it when he started talking. He began slowly, like he didn't know what he was going to say, and then it picked up speed. She didn't say a word for fear of him deciding he didn't want to tell her the rest.

"Sam... Sam left me. I did something I shouldn't have done. Well... I don't fuckin know. I saved his life, his and Amare's if what her sister says is true." He paused for a while. "He was going to let himself die to close the gates of hell and I stopped him. Something Amare obviously wasn't going to do. They both felt like his--their--lives were worth losing to close up hell but I didn't. I had to save my brother. And then he was gonna die anyways, so I tricked him into letting this... This fucking angel possess him. And now he's gone. That was the last straw. I tried to get him to stay, and he did for a while. But then he left and there isn't a fucking thing I can do."

He was quiet for a while, and then he said, "Amare tried to get him to stay. She told him to work it out with me. But he left and she followed and I've been alone ever since, trying to hunt, trying to find the angel who possessed him. But I can't. When I got that call from that guy... I was almost happy I had to come to your rescue."

"Hey thanks for that by the way," she said.

He chuckled softly, like he didn't mean it. "No problem."

When her clothes were washed, and after she had lounged naked with Dean some more, she called Matt. He didn't answer, so she left him a message. He called back seconds later, telling her how worried he was. He hadn't heard from her in weeks where was she he could be there in an hour. She told him where she was and that she thought she might stay for a while. She wanted to catch up with Jimmy, a name he had heard many times. He still wanted to see her, though, so she told him she needed her clothes. He agreed and they met him in town the next day.

He was glad to see Dex, but not so much Dean. Matt had been hoping he was unattractive, but his heart fell when he saw the true-life Ken Doll sitting next to Dex, whose shirt she was wearing an who had an arm around her somewhat possessively. They talked for a while and Matt said he had to go, that the boys were waiting for him or something. She told him to give them her love and said she would call him soon to decide when they were going to meet up again.

She went with Dean back to the bunker. The next few days were blissful to say the least. They practically never wore clothes and when they did it was to go get pie and whiskey.

And then one day, about two weeks later, Dean got a call from Sam. Apparently he had called upon insistence from Amare. They had found her parents, and that's where they left Perenna. They had made some headway on finding the angel, but not very much. Sam hung up minutes after, leaving Dean with the horrible realization that he had just lost two weeks he should have been using to find either Abaddon or the angel.

He left Dex as soon as he had a lead. She stayed at the bunker for a few days before calling Matt and joining the boys in Toronto.

Dex and Dean saw each other periodically. Each encounter was hot and wild and entirely unique from the last one. And every time he seemed eons older than she, and more broken than the last time. He never wanted to talk about himself or what he was up to, and she never pressed it. She would tell him about what she was doing and they would inevitably go back to his hotel room and fall into bed together.

Eventually she never saw him again. She told her son about him sometimes, the mysterious man with the black car that hunted monsters. He would look at her with strikingly green eyes and a crooked smile and her heart would melt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what to say, except sorry that this took so long. I'm really sad tho. Bye.