‹ Prequel: Louder Than Words
Status: This some kind of madness is starting to evolve...

Silent Restraint

Episode 4: Moose Chase

Amare got out of bed and began putting her clothes back on.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked.

"I want to go see Sam," she muttered bitterly.

"Ami, c'mon. You wouldn't kiss me, now you won't cuddle with me? Why not?"

"Because I want to go see Sam. And don't call me that," Amare growled.

Mason leaned back and groaned, rubbing his hands over his face. "If Jason finds out I was taking you to see him-"

"Then you can blame it on me."

He sat up. "You know damn well I'll still get my ass chewed for it. He's a hard-ass. Even more so since we lost you."

"You didn't fucking lose me," she replied harshly. "I left."

He groaned one more time, grumbling something about Evvie's involvement, and got out of bed, taking his time getting dressed. She watched him, wondering what it would be like to kill him and yet admiring his body shamelessly. When he finished pulling his shirt on, he looked at her for a second, shook his head, and then motioned for her to follow.

"So what is this guy to you?" Mason asked as they descended down the staircase.

"No one."

"That's a lie." Amare frowned; she thought she'd been convincing.

"Someone who... I feel bad got caught in the crossfire of this." Not a complete lie.

"So you knew him before."

"Of course. But he's a nobody."

"Oh?"

"I don't even think he knew vampires existed before."

"I would doubt that," he said, looking at her.

"Why?"

"Because that's Sam Winchester." He shook his head as the color drained from her face. "And the truth comes out. So what is he really to you?"

"Like I said, someone who I regret getting caught in the crossfire of this. He was never meant to be there when you guys got me back."

Mason nodded to the guard, who obediently opened the door. His eyes followed her as she entered the room, and she knew he wouldn't be far away while she was in there. She paused, though, preparing herself for something she really didn't want to do.

Sam was laying on his bed again, pretending to be asleep. When the door closed, he opened his eyes, half expecting another tray of food. He knew they knew most of it went down his toilet anyways. But when he saw his Bayleigh standing in his room, he instantly felt better. Despite his current predicament, the fact that Bayleigh was near him made his mood lighten. He breathed easier, his appetite was better (even though he rarely ate), he was even able to sleep for more than just a few hours, even without the drugged food. Just the knowledge and feeling of being so close to her. He actually smiled when she came in, much to her obvious disappointment.

She didn't say a word, just took a seat against the wall opposite his cot. She frowned, looking at the ghost of a smile playing at his lips. Those lips- she physically shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts. She sucked her bottom lip between her teeth and chewed on it, a childish habit that had been popping up again recently, looking at her hands. She was aching. Aching for a cigarette, aching for Sam, aching to leave. When she looked up, he'd seated himself on the floor, cross-legged like her, with their knees almost touching. She took a moment to wonder how he'd been able to fold his monstrous body so gracefully.

"Bayleigh," he murmured.

"I told you that isn't my name."

Sammy shook his head and huffed out a laugh, a grim smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "I still think of you as Bayleigh Thomas."

"Well my name is Amare. Not Bayleigh." He reached a hand out and cupped her face, stroking her cheek with his thumb. She shook his hand off and pushed it away. "No."

"Why are you so against this, Bay?"

"Because it's going nowhere."

He shook his head again. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She exhaled sharply, looking away from his intense green eyes. "Because, dammit. I will do whatever I can to get you out, but I'm not leaving again. I can't. I can't leave Ren here, and they aren't letting me go. Not this time. They've got me locked down so tight I can't breathe without Jason being notified." She laughed harshly, still unable to meet his eyes. "I had to sleep with someone just to get in here to tell you this."

His eyebrows raised and he leaned back a bit. "Bay..."

"If you give me those fucking puppy eyes-" she looked at him and was met with probably the saddest puppy face in the history of Sam Winchester. She dropped her head again, rubbing her forehead with the heel of her hand, muttering "Sonofabitch" under her breath.

"Bayleigh-"

"Quit calling me that. I'm not your Bayleigh. I never was. It shouldn't have ever happened."

And with a heavy sigh and one last look at his sad face, she got up and left.

<><><><><>

"So," Dex said. She was settled into the passenger seat, playing a game on his cell phone without his permission. "Where are we going?" There was no response from the driver's seat. "Hello? Jimmy? What's the deal. We've been going west for a couple days now and I haven't questioned it, but some answers now would be nice."

Dean exhaled and shook his head. "I don't know where we're going." He licked his lips.

"Okay, well then how about your real name? Jimmy doesn't suit you."

He looked at her. "Dean."

She smiled. "Well, damn. I'd offer you my real name, but I didn't give you a fake one to begin with." She crossed her legs and looked out the window. He glanced at her momentarily; she'd obviously decided that the conversation was over.

An hour later, he felt her eyes on him. "What?" he grumbled after a few minutes.

"Irish, Russian, or Italian?"

Dean furrowed his eyebrows, slightly annoyed. "What?"

"I'm trying to decide what mafia you and your brother are a part of. And I've narrowed it down to those three, since you obviously aren't Asian or-"

He was shaking his head. "I told you, I'm not in any of that."

"Oh, yeah, that's right," she said sarcastically. "Dean and Sam, monster hunters-" she stopped mid sentence, cutting off the end of her 's' sound, and looked at him with her mouth in a delicate 'o' before giggling.

She put a hand over her mouth.

"What?" he demanded again.

She giggled some more before saying. "And don't tell me, your last name is Winchester. And oh-" she laughed, putting a hand on him "- your dad's name was John. God how could I not see? The weapons, the car, Sam and Dean." She bit her lip.

"What the fuck are you talking about."

"Are you a LARPer?"

And suddenly he realized. "Chuck you nasty son of a bitch," he muttered. "No I am not a goddamn LARPer. My name is Dean Winchester and my brother Sam was abducted by vampires."

"Oh my god you're freaking hilarious-" She was jerked over in her seat as he pulled the car off the road with a sharp twist of the wheel. He turned in his seat to look at her, his cheeks dimpled with that look of pure annoyance he gets some times.

"Do I look like some pansy-ass LARPer to you? Huh?"

She was still smirking as she answered. "Gimme one reason why you aren't."

In one swift movement, he was out of the car and shooting his gun out into the distance. "This look fucking fake to you?" he demanded.

And now she was a little scared. "Woah, bro. Cool your tits. It's great you've got a real gun. Now get your ass back in the Impala. We have to find your brother."

He got in the car again, and a sort of silent mutual agreement was made to keep the journey silent. Until, once again, Dean jerked over to the side of yet another deserted road and shouted an obscene word. Dex's eyebrows dropped and she looked at him, mildly concerned.

"What?" she asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know where the fuck I'm supposed to go. I don't know where the fuck he is or what they're doing to him or if he's fucking dead or not and it's pissing me the fuck off. Meanwhile, I'm fucking driving nowhere, getting further away from him for all I know. Son of a bitch." He slammed his hands on the steering wheel.

"Look, Jimmy, calm down. We'll figure it out. Where did you last see him?"

"Last time we were together was in California."

"Then let's go to Cali. I've never been," she added, trying to lighten the mood.

"What's the point? He got grabbed in Illinois."

"So? What did he do between here and there to get him nabbed? People don't get nabbed for just shits and giggles. Something happened. So we have to find out what it was."

He looked at her momentarily before returning his eyes to the dash of Baby, thinking about what she said. He shook his head, then pressed the gas pedal. "Okay. To California, then."

Dex grinned, a laugh escaping her lips. "Find the Moose!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Moose. I just love that nickname for him. Did you get what I did with the name? A little play on words? I thought that was pretty witty. Hey, guys, follow my blog. Confessions of a Sammy's Girl. I post a lot of Supernatural, and Sammy stuff. And I also post a lot of music, because I obviously love music. A lot of the music I post is in the soundtracks, so if you're too lazy to look it up on YouTube, you can just go there. Your welcome.

Soundtrack:
Postcards and Polaroids by Sleeping with Sirens
A Call to Arms by Bayside
Brother by Green River Ordinance-- someone was obviously watching SPN when they wrote this. I mean really.