Is This How It's Supposed To Be?

I can't believe it

I sat in the light blue car as he drove me to where ever we were going. I looked over to him as he remained driving, his eyes glued in front of him. He didn't see me looking but I knew he could tell. I saw him smile slightly, but his eyes remained on the road. I turned my head back around and looked at the landscape that lay outside the passenger's window. I've know him since I was born and yet he still manages to amaze me. I was there for every moment of our lives. Our parents were best friends and we lived right next to each other. Our bedroom windows facing each other for 19 years of my life. I'm still here with him and always will be. Ever since the events that happened 12 years ago..

*Flashback 1994*

Our plane headed for Florida was a long trip. Especially coming from California. He sat next to me. I've always liked him, ever since I was 5 and he was 8. He just sat there, head leaning back against the seat, feet up. He's been sleeping ever since we boarded the plane. He didn't get much sleep last night, I can tell by the way he's conked out. I stood up and leaned over his legs to retrieve the small blanket that had fallen as he was turning. I thought I felt someone looking at me. I looked up at his face and there was a smile on it. I smacked him in the legs and his eyes fluttered open.

"What was that for?" he asked trying to play the innocent card.

"You know..." I said tiredly and handed him his blanket. He just smiled and closed his eyes to go back to his willful sleep. I sighed to myself and put a random DVD in my portable DVD player that he had bought me for my birthday. I sat there staring at the screen when I felt someone poke my shoulder. I turned my head only to meet his face staring at me, wanting to know what I was doing, and if he could join. I lifted the arm rest up and he sat in closer to see the screen. It was my turn to be tired. I yawned and covered my mouth with one of my hands. I could see him smile again out of the corner of my eye.

"Here." One simple word was all he said. He unwrapped the blanket from around him and laid it on both of us. He put his arm across my shoulders and I came closer to him, leaning between his shoulder and his neck. I closed my eyes as he took the DVD player into his possession. I heard him mumble something but I was too tired to hear what it was. He continued watching DVDs while I slept using him as a pillow. I went along with his soft breathing. I could hear his heart beat and I knew he would be in my dream. With his arm now around my waist I felt his other hand move to the seat beside him. He was searching for something, I knew what it was. He stopped moving and I felt a soft fluffy surface go under my arm.

"There ya go," he whispered barely audible enough. I gripped what he gave me and smiled knowing he cared. What he gave me was a Teddy Bear he had bought me when I was 2, he was 5. I inhaled his aroma and that set me off to a deep sleep. I was right, I did have a dream about him. Yes him, the one, and only, Billie Joe Armstrong.