Is This How It's Supposed To Be?

Destination Unknown

After getting Subway, we drove for what seemed like hours. I didn't know where we were going, only Billie, and he refused to tell me.

We drove parallel to the beach and remained like that for awhile. I felt myself growing weary and leaned against the door of the car. My Subway Sandwich still lay next to me, untouched. That's how it always is. I don't eat food when driving, in fear of getting things all over his precious car. But that doesn't stop him. He is perhaps the sloppiest eater people would ever meet. I guess that's what comes with having 5 brothers and sisters.

I lifted my legs on the seat so I could get into a nice, comfortable position to go to sleep with. I reached into the backseat and retrieved a pillow that had been carelessly thrown back there by none other than the man sitting next to me.

I placed the pillow under my head and against the door of the car. Hearing an empty slurping sound made me giggle to myself as I knew that he'd run out of soda and would then start drinking mine.

He always did.

Nothing in the world would make me love him more than I do now, and nothing could make me love him less. That's just how it is. Even with some of his bad habits.

He reached over and turned the radio down, allowing me to get into a quiet and deep sleep. I began to fall asleep quietly. Images and hallucinations passing in front of my eyes. In my mind I knew I had forgot something, but couldn't remember what it was until I completely drifted off.

Still laying next to me, in it's paper and bag, was my sandwich. In the cup holder my soda. I had never taken a bite, or even touched them myself.

That was a mistake.