Is This How It's Supposed To Be?

A whole new view

I slowly began to awaken from my deep sleep. I couldn't hear a thing, only dead silence. I opened my eyes and quickly knew that it was nighttime. I let my them adjust to the pitch black and heard a slight noise coming from a different area.

A light flicked on and I was blinded for a few seconds until my eyes readjusted. There that man stood, holding cups of something in his hand.

I noticed that we were in a little wooden house. He slowly walked over to me and handed me one of the cups. I looked down and realized it was hot cocoa. I took a sip and held it in my hands.

"Where are we?" I asked as he took a seat next to me on the bed. He turned his head and I could see a slight smirk on his lips.

"We're in a cabin I rented for the week. Surprise." He smiled and I giggled at his supposed thoughtfulness. "I made you the cocoa because I thought you could use some after sleeping for 5 hours."

"Thanks." I said and took another sip. It was still hot and actually tasted good, for this man next to me could hardly cook at all. "Let's watch a movie."

He chuckled, "okay which movie do you want to watch?" He asked completely knowing the answer.

"Nightmare Before Christmas." I replied and smiled as he made a funny face.

"You've seen that movie about a bijillion times though," he whined.

"So, it's a good movie!" He chuckled again and left the room. Only to come back with the movie in hand. He slipped it in the DVD player, pushed play and laid next to me on the bed.

About half way through the movie I felt my eyes growing weary. I yawned and laid my head down on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me. My breathing softened and I closed my eyes and once again, for the second time this day, drifted off into a deep sleep.