Is This How It's Supposed To Be?

With One Glance You Make Me Gasp And Hold My Heart

I sat and pouted as he drove, seems I've been doing this a lot lately. Every so often, he would glance my way with the smirk I love plastered on his face. These days, the ones where he's here, are the ones I wish could last forever. I know they can't, for if they could, he would have to give up something he loves, and I couldn't let that happen, even though I loved him. He wouldn't be able to tour anymore, write music, or even sing; he would be in severe depression, and I couldn't see that happen, no, not to him. I loved this man more than anything else in the world, and his happiness is the thing I care about most, even if it doesn't involve me.
He glanced over again, but this time his smirk was gone. He must've seen the concentration on my face as I thought about him, his life and the fact I might not be in it.

"What are you thinking?" He asked breaking my concentration. I looked up at him and smiled slightly.

"I'm thinking about the future, and if I'll be in yours." I replied embarrassed. I looked down at my lap and started twiddling my thumbs.

"Hey," he said, I didn't look up, "Listen to me!" He commanded. I glanced back up at him tears almost filling my eyes, "as long as I live, and as long as the human race exists, I'll never let you go, I'll never fade out. I'll always be with you, remember that, I promise."

There that word was, promise. I smiled again and wiped the tears from my eyes. I knew this man could hold a promise long, but if he could keep it forever I'm not too sure about. I stared down, back at my thumbs. I could tell his concentration on driving was false, he was thinking about it too. I glanced up again, but this time, not towards him. My eyes widened and my mouth gaped open.

"BILLIE!" I shouted. "WATCH OUT!"

"Wha-" he started as he flipped his head forward. He slammed on the breaks and skidded towards the side of the road. I let out a scream and we came to an abrupt stop. I looked up again at him to see if he was okay. His hands we're gripped around the steering wheel, so hard his knuckles were turning white. "I" He started to say. "I'm so sorry." He had tears streaming down his face and his breathing was shallow.

"Billie, it's okay, I'm okay." I replied softly.

"NO!" He shouted, making me jump a little. "I almost killed you! It's not okay! You're not fine! You're scared half to death and I caused that!" My eyes widened at his words. I shook my head lightly and unbuckled my seatbelt, and then slid over and wrapped my arms around him. I hugged him lightly and felt his hands wrap around me too. My hands found their way up to his head and brushed through his hair soothingly. I could quiet sobs, sobs that made me want to cry, coming from the man I adore, the man I love, the one I'm holding and comforting right this moment.

**A/N-If you read, please comment. I really would like to hear what you think about it. Sorry for the last few chapters not being as good, I was going though extreme writer's block. So comment and I'll update sooner. Please and Thank You!**