Is This How It's Supposed To Be?

As We Sit

We sat in each others arms for what seemed like forever, but when I looked at the clock, it had been merely minutes. I felt him pull away. I complied, leaning back in my own seat as he took hold of the steering wheel once again. He started driving, this time not taking his eyes off of the road for more than a second.

A silence fell between us. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything, just unexpected. He wasn't really silent unless he had a reason, but I guess almost running off of the road was a good enough reason to us both.

Minutes later he pulled into a small diner off of the beach shore. He didn't make a move to get out of the car or even unbuckle his seat belt. He just stared at his hands, not blinking. He had this sadness in his eyes that I'd only seen a few times. One of them was when his father passed away when he was 10. That was hard on us both.

"Billie.." I dragged on. I couldn't really think of anything to say in a situation like this. I didn't want to say it was okay, just in fear of him snapping at me again. I just stared at him, my eyes burning a hole into his head. He seemed to feel them.

"I just, I don't know what I would do if I lost you.." He looked up, his eyes red from crying. I scooted over in the seat and placed my hands on his.

"Billie, you don't have to worry about that now. I'm fine, you're fine, that's all that matters right now." I gave his hand a slight squeeze.

"But I-" He started.

"It doesn't matter right now." I said shaking my head at him. He sighed and looked down at our hands. I brought mine to his face, wiping his tears with my thumb. Running his hand through his hair and grabbing the hand that I had placed on his face, I could tell his mood had changed drastically.

"Let's eat." He said with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm going back into a lot of my old stories that I never finished and I'm going to finish them... which means all of the stories I've ever written. wow I'm really bad about that... but I've been spending a lot more time on here as of lately, so what better to do than to finish what I never did??? :D comment and subscribe. It's been a really long time, but I've already got most of them planned into the end. it's just finding to motivation to actually do it. let me know what you think!