War Against Ourselves

I Won't Starve Myself Of The Dark

You did this to me. You changed me into a different person. You caused this pale flesh from my body to bleed so harshly. But at the same time I love you. You give me comfort.

You're the only one that talks to me whether it be a simple phrase or a whole soliloquy. You used to be like a light buzz in the breeze but now you are nothing but. Sometimes you are the most precious thing in my life but other days you make the skin on my bones shake in sadness.

You hit me, not physically but it still hurts. You caused the burns on my body and gashes my skin, they aren't that easy to repair.

The mirror in front of me is cracked, you told me to do it. You said "It's looks better that way. You won't have to look at your ugly self anymore."

You confused me. You made me hate my own reflection. You told me I wasn't good enough for anyone, not even myself. You told me no one would ever love me. You told me no one did love me. But you must have loved me because you stayed with me. I don't understand you.

Soon my whole self started to change. Everything felt heavier. People started to slightly notice but not enough to care. You were right. People don't care about me. You were still here so I didn't need anyone else.

Your strong arms wrapped themselves around my round walking corpse. Somewhere deep down you loved me because you wouldn't leave me. But did you really love me or did you love to see the pain you caused me? Did you love to see me breakdown and cry or hyperventilate or just get angry? I feel as though you thrived on those moments especially now since they've been happening so frequently. You love me when I'm broken and drained and that's why you keep me this way.

No one listens to me. No one believes me. They don't care about me like you do. You won't ever leave me, will you?
♠ ♠ ♠
You are depression, we all are depression, it lives on.