Status: In my free time

A New Beginning

Chapter 2

"Hey did you hear we're getting a new kid?" Tino asked directing his attention towards me. I shook my head and looked in his direction. "Yeah apparently he's going to be in one of our classes"
"Huh" I wonder what they'll be like. I hope they're like us. I guess that could be seen as somewhat selfish, seeing as we're not exactly liked here. There may be a good sized group of us but that's not going to change our position of popularity in this school. "Mr. Carlile do you have your homework?" Mrs. Jacobs interrupted my thoughts. I started rifling through my binders only to find useless papers. "I think I left it in my locker" She sighed and nodded to the door
"Go" I quickly got up and discreetly made my way out of the door. Well as discreetly as I could at this height. I quickly walked through the hallways with my head down low. When I got to my locker I could head faint whimpers. What the fuck? There's nobody even around me. I shrugged it off and put in the combination to my locker and let the door swing open. Immediately a small frame dropped out and yelped when he hit the ground. I shrieked in surprise and jumped a foot in the air. He was violently shaking and his breathing was heavy. I took a step closer to the small tattooed ginger and bent down a bit. As fast as he could he dragged himself to the wall of lockers to get distance from me, an began cowering in fear. My heart ached at this sight. I may not know who he is but I don't want him to be afraid of me. I mean I'm not that intimidating. Well I guess being 6'5 and having a lot of tattoos really doesn't do me justice. I crouched down to his level and placed two fingers under his chin. I gently lifted his head up so his eyes could meet mine. "Hey, hey, hey, I won't hurt you. It's ok your going to be fine" I soothed. His face was beaten and bloody. Bruises covered his cheek and jaw. "Are you alright?" It seemed to sink in that he was safe with me and slowly shook his head. His face contorted in pain and he let out a heartbreaking sob. I pulled him into a tight embrace, trying not to injure anything further, and stroked his back, letting him cry into my shoulder. "What's your name?" I asked. "A-Alan. Alan Ashby" he choked out.
"I'm Austin. Now come on, we have to get you to the hospital" he nodded as I carefully slipped my arms behind his back and under his knees. He groaned as I slowly lifted him up off of the ground. Wow he's light. I kept whispering small apologies to him as we walked out of the front door and to my car. I placed him down in the back seat and jumped into the front, speeding to the closest hospital. When we got there I picked up Alan and pretty much ran to the emergency room. They took him off of my hands as soon as they saw us and wheeled him behind double doors. I sat down in the waiting room and ran my fingers through my messy hair. God I hope he'll be ok. He doesn't deserve this, nobody does. Alan is just so adorable, how could anyone lay a harmful finger on him? Wait why do I care so much? I only just met him not even a half an hour ago... No matter I just want him to be alright. I noticed people in the corner giving me strange looks and whispering to each other, probably judging me for my hair, tattoos, clothes, and probably just me all around. I got up and wandered the hall to find a small gift shop. Hmm I should get him something. I looked around at all of the little figurines, balloons, and get well stuffed animals until I found something hidden in a corner. I grabbed onto the soft material and pulled out from underneath everything. It's a little pink octopus plushie with colorful tentacles. Aw this is so adorable!! I paid for it and went back to my seat in the waiting room. After what seemed like hours of pacing and sitting in a horribly uncomfortable chair a doctor came through the doors that Alan disappeared into. "Family or freinds of Alan Ashby?" she called.
"That's me" I stood as she quickly made her way over to me.
"Hello, I'm Dr. Sigman. I just finished working on Mr. Ashby"
"How is he? Will he be ok?" I asked, knotting my fingers together.
"Yes, he's had a rough time though and will need to have some help over these upcoming weeks. He has three broken ribs, a dislocated jaw, and his right arm is broken." my hand covered my mouth and I felt my eyes start to water "Can I see him?" my voice cracked as I said this.
"Of course, follow me." she led me through numerous hallways until we ended up at Alan's room. I walked over to him and sat down in the chair next to him. He has so many bandages and wires on him. "He should wake up soon" I sighed and sunk down into the seat, still clutching the octopus.
Alan's POV

Beep beep beep beep

Huh? Where am I? I opened my eyes to find I'm in a sickly white room with machinery all around me and a boy with his tattooed crossed arms and head resting on the edge of my bed. I went to rub my eyes but was stopped by something on my arm. Oh he must be the one who saved me. Um Austin I think. I tried to sit up but groaned instead from pain coming from my chest. Austin stirred in his place and lifted his head, squinting at the light coming through the blinds. "Alan your awake!"
"Y-yeah...what happened?"
"Well I'm guessing that Rick and his friends found you an beat you up pretty bad. I found you stuffed into my locker and you looked pretty bad. As of now your jaw is dislocated, your arm is broken, as you can probably tell, and three of your ribs are broken" oh well that makes sense
"Thank you" I whispered. He smiled wide at me "No problem. Oh! I got you something!" he reached behind him and pulled out a little pink plushie. He blushed and passed it to me. Aw he's so cute! It was a little pink octopus.
"What are you going to name it?"
"Hmmm I think I'll call it Squidgy"
"Haha that's perfect" he laughed. I blushed and squeezed it against my chest. "I love it" just then a doctor with a clip board walked in with a smile on her face "Oh good you're awake! How have you been Mr. Ashby?"
"You can call me Alan. And I've been better"
"Here have some of these, they're pain medication. Do you live with anyone Alan?"
"No I don't"
"Well I'm afraid we won't be able to let you leave until we find somebody to take care of you."
"I don't have anyone" I responded. "I'll take care of him, at my house" Austin spoke up. I nearly forgot he was there. I turned to him surprised "Are you sure?"
"Of course, we're friends now, aren't we? That's what friends do" I gave him a grateful smile "Right, friends" I can't believe he's doing this for me. I only just met him! He's such a sweet guy, and not bad looking either....
"Great! Now if you two could just sign these papers you'll be able to go home, seeing as there isn't much more we could do for you" she handed us some papers and a pen and walked out of the room. "You go get dressed and I'll sign these" he nodded to my clothes and picked up the pen.
"Really thank you, for everything"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it. Please tell me what you think. Comments are much appreciated!