Status: In my free time

A New Beginning

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Alan’s POV

When i went downstairs Austin was sitting on the couch, holding Squidgy, and watching old reruns of Courage The Cowardly Dog Show. He had already made us breakfast, and two plates were sitting on the coffee table, full, waiting for us to begin. I plopped down next to him and winced in pain, needing my medication. He noticed and sprung up into the kitchen, coming back with a glass of water and a couple of pills. I thanked him and took the pills, then setting the glass next to the food. "Good morning, sunshine!" he beamed. I felt a smile spread across my face and a deep blush creep up my cheeks. He giggled and patted my head, then sat to start eating. "Oh my god Austin!" he looked at me bewildered and questioned my sudden outburst. "You made waffles and bacon!" he laughed at me and gave me a thumbs up.                                                                                                                                  "So what do you want to do today?" I shrugged slightly and swallowed my mouthful of food.                                                                                                                         "I realized we barley know each other so how about we go get some coffee and take a walk, talk and then go from there?"                                                                 "Sounds like a plan! Before we go I have to get dressed" We finished watching Courage and Austin went upstairs to get dressed. I should probably clean up, we sort of made a big mess. He came back down in tight, ripped skinny-jeans, a Bring Me The Horizon shirt and a hoodie in hand. Man he looks hot, the pants hugged him in all the right places and his muscles were exposed. “Ready?”                      
“Yup, let’s go!” we got into the car and Austin drove us to this cute little
cafe and bakery place. We walked inside and stood in line. Oh my god 
it smells absolutely amazing, it's like a mix of vanilla, cookies, and coffee. While we were waiting I decided to start bouncing in my spot and spinning in circles. Austin looked at me and snorted a little "What are you doing?" 
"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm being a kangaroo...duh" I told him with the not serious face to could muster. We broke out into a fit of giggles. I noticed people giving us strange looks but we really didn't give a fuck. When we got up to the counter Austin ordered us two hot chocolates and a cupcake to share. I wandered off to find us a seat while he waited for our order. I stared at him from across the little shop as he awkwardly shuffled his feet. I can't believe how lucky I am to actually be at least friends with him. He is easily the best friend I've ever had, even better than the ones I've known most of my life. "So, Alan, tell me about your self"
"What do you want to know?"
"Everything"
"Thats kind of a lot but ok. Well my full name is Alan Anthony AshbyI've lived in Ohio for 16 years. I was. bullied a lot and I've only really had three or four good friends. My parents and I haven't got along since they found out I was gay. I'm obsessed with cats. I'm single. Um I play guitar and want to be in a band someday. I moved here recently because I heard that there are good music schools and that's brings us here." it's weird having to tell people about me. I never know what to say, and besides nobody has cared enough to ask me about myself. "You play guitar?"
"Yeah, I've been playing for a while"
"You should play for me sometime!!"
"Maybe" I took a sip of my hot chocolate and broke off a pie of the cupcake. "Hey your not off the hook mister. Your turn" he put down his cup and put his hands up in surrender. "Ok I'm Austin Robert Carlile and I've lived in Boston for my whole life, 17 years. I have a good relationship with my parents but they're always working. I have a good group of friends, which you need to meet. Um let's see... I sing and write songs a little bit, oh and I love Star Wars and Disney and  I'm single and bisexual" I could feel the butterflies pick up in my stomach when he said that last part. I actually have some chance with him! I felt a smile spread across my face and I ducked my head  in embarrassment. I heard him giggle a little and stand up "Want to go for that walk now?"
"Yeah!" Austin came around to my side and helped me up out of my seat, although when I got standing he didn't let go of my hand. Oh my god this man is going to be the death of me. I threaded my fingers into his and squeezed his hand. He flashed me a smile and we walked out hand in hand. We went over to The Boston Common and started walking down the path. It's really pretty here, a bit cool though. There are trees and benches all along this big path. Little kids are playing in the grass and rolling down the hills. Austin and I walked over to a band that was playing for money and sat on a bench to listen. These guys are actually pretty good. I'll have to give them something before we leave. A gust of wind blew by us and I shivered, rubbing both of my hands on my arms. God damn it's cold. "Are you cold?"
"A little bit" 
"Well you should've worn a jacket you goof ball" I guess he's right. Bad idea on my part to come out without a jacket when it's this cold out. Austin put his arms around my shoulders and rubbed my arms to keep me warm. Yup I definitely like this better than a jacket.  As a little girl who looked about five and her mom were walking a little ways away from us the girls balloon caught on a branch and popped. She started crying to her mom and tried to pull her back to buy another one. That poor girl, she just wants a little three dollar balloon. "I'll be right back Aus" 
"Where are you going?"
"Don't worry about it, just wait here" I got up out of his grasp and walked to the balloon vender.  I bought a pale pink balloon and went over to the two girls. I could see Austin looking at me "Excuse me Miss?" I said tapping on the woman's shoulder and hiding the balloon behind my back. She shot me a dirty look but turned around just the same.  She looked me up and down and curled her lip in disgust, probably noticing  my tattoos and shirt. I swear some some people are just so  rude.  They always judge me for how I look. They never even take the chance to get to know me.  "What do you want?" she sneered. I ignored her snarky remark  and got on my knees to be at the girls level. Her face was red from crying. I took my thumb and wiped away some of her tears. "Hi sweetheart, whats your name?"
"I'm Alice" she sniffed. 
"And how old are you Alice?"
"I'm four" she told me, holding up four pudgy fingers. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alan. Now would you like to tell me why your so sad today?"
"My balloon popped and mommy won't let me get another one"
"Well lucky for you I happen to have this balloon right here, waiting for you" Her face lit up and she stuck her little arm out. I tied the string around her wrist and smiled. "What do you say?" her mother asked. Alice jumped at me an hugged me "Thank you mister!" 
I hugged her back and stood up. "Have a nice day you two!" I walked back to Austin and he met me half way. "Alan, that was so sweet of you"
"I felt bad, all she wanted was a simple little balloon" 
"I can't believe you, oh I noticed a  pond not too far from us, want to go check it out?"
"Sure, but first turn around and bend down"
"uh, Alan?" he looked at me uneasy. "Just do it" I sighed. He did as I said an I grabbed onto his shoulders. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He stumbled a bit, not expecting me, but caught himself and held on to the bottom of each of my knees. "MUSH!" I yelled while raising my injured arm into the air. He shook his head and walked down the path. I lowered my head down into the crook of his neck and  let my eyes close. I inhaled Austin's scent, it's somewhat like vanilla and coffee. Is it wrong to feel like this is a date? Cause I do. I know I probably isn't, and we've only known each other for a couple of days, but I feel like I've known him for years. I tightened my arms around his neck and he bounced me up higher on his hips. I whimpered as pain radiated through my chest. My medication is starting to wear off. "Sorry, I just don't want you to fall off of me" 
"It's fine" I mumbled into his neck. 
We got to the pond and I let my eyes raise higher than his shoulder. There's a building that you can get tickets to go on a swan boat ride. I placed my chin on his shoulder and turned my head "Can we go on a swan boat?" I asked. 
"Why not?" he put me on to the ground and we walked together to the line. Luckily there wasn't a lot of people here so we can just get on. I paid for our tickets, after much protest from Austin, and we took our seats.  The boat went around the pond, circling around small islands. There are ducks and swan swimming along side us. We go toff and decided it was about time to head to his house. The ride home consisted of us singing along to A Day To Remember and air guitaring with the song. "Can we watch a movie tonight?"
"Of course we can, you can choose, but first what do you want for dinner?"
"Dinosaur chicken nuggets and fries"
"Ok, I'll go see it we have some" he laughed. I got up and looked through his stack of movies. I hope he likes horror cause I'm really in the mood for that. I found Saw and put it into the DVD player. Austin came back into the room with two plates for dinner and set them down. "What did you pick?"
"Saw!"
"Can we watch something else?"
"Nope. I'm really in the mood for a horror movie" 
"It's your fault if I have nightmares" all throughout the movie Austin would jump or scream al little at any given point. Right now he's hiding his face in a blanket with his knees curled up to his chest. I'm starting to feel bad about making him watch this. I leaned over to him and put my lips close to his ear. "Ya know, I hears movies are less scary when you have a cuddle buddy" he looked at me in surprise and I opened my arms for him. He scooted up close to me and laid on my side. His arms snaked around me and he hid his face into my shoulder. I wrapped myself around him and pulled him closer. It feels good to be the one holding someone else for a change. Whenever something popped out pn screen or somebody screamed Austin squeezed my waist tighter and clamped his eyes shut. Not too long after that I could feel my eyes begin to droop. Austin had already drifted off to sleep about ten minutes ago. I pulled the blanket that was on the back of the couch on the two of us and put my head on the armrest then let myself drift off to sleep. 
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of just a filler. It's alright, there are someparts that I like but mostly it's just eh. I have plans for the future it's just a matter of getting there in the story. In other news, I'm going to Portugal in August!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Ok sorry anywho tell me what you think! Comments are much appreciated.