Status: Feel free to comment and tell me what you think! I really appreciate it!

Give Me Love

10/28/2011
Dear Diary,

Have you ever been love?
No, that was a stupid question, you're a book.
I feel silly writing to a book so I'm going to pretend I'm writing all this down for someone. Maybe like my daughter or a distant cousin or some random girl I find on the street twenty seven years from now. Or maybe for me when I'm old and grey to see what I thought, and how I thought it, and why I did the things I did. Its weird to think about being old. That these moments that I'm living, will be memories. Or, that my now memories are moments I've already lived. I can't think about that, its too mind-blowing.
But back to my first thought….. I think I'm in love right now; but I'm not sure. Its not that I doubt my feelings or anything its just is it love if the person doesn't love you back? I wish there was like a set definition or rules or something.
His name is Will. I know, I was disappointed too when I realized I was in love with him. I always thought I would fall in love with someone with an exotic name like Jasper or Alejandro but Will is so generic and boring and could be any guy anywhere really. But he isn't just any guy, just any Will, he's special.
The whole thing is fairly cliche to be honest. He's my best friend that I happen to be in love with. Its like I'm Gordo and he's Lizzie.
If you didn't get that reference, I hate you.
Anyways, I met him in 9th grade. I knew of him and saw him around town but he went to the middle school closer to downtown and I went to the one closer to the lake. So we saw each other but I never spoke to him. Then on the first day of freshman year he walked into my spanish class and sat in the seat next to me. I didn't think anything of it really other than he was cute and I was me.
I don't remember our first conversation or the first time he smiled at me or anything like that. But I do remember talking about our dogs. We had a sub, it was probably a month or so into the year and someone how my dog came up. And then he started talking about his dog and he talked about her the way I talk about mine and I'd never seen anyone love their dog as much as I loved mine and that was cute to me. Somehow we exchanged numbers and we grew closer and closer. To be honest, the history of our relationship is a complete blur. I really have no idea how we got to where we are and it doesn't matter. All that matters is today. When I came to the conclusion that I love him.
That I'm in love with him.