Status: It will evolve as I do.

Lovely.

Summertime

What do you do when faced with danger? Run away? Scream? Fight back? I went crazy trying to become his best friend...and hopefully something more.

Chapter one:
"Summertime"

I never got out much, not even when my mother remarried. The outside world didn't offer much that I thought I needed besides art supplies, horror movies (that I had to hide from my mother), books, and new music. Most of the time my step-brother, Ray, got those items for me, anyway. He was the only person in the whole, entire world who hadn't judged me the first moment he met me. Ray was different. A good different. He likes Iron Maiden, played guitar, and got wasted almost every weekend. Sometimes he would teach me a song or riff on his "axe". He was my only friend, until one day, he brought home a bunch of rowdy boys.
At first, I hid in my room because they were really, really loud, but then Ray knocked on my door and asked me to come meet his friends. I was super nervous, because Ray was the only boy I had ever talked to, and it helped that he was related to me. And I never fancied him as attractive. I'm pretty sure he didn't like me like that, either.
I slowly opened my door, not very happy about leaving my room. Ray knew I was feeling awkward, and quietly apologized to me. I walked downstairs, the four boys were sitting in the kitchen. All of them were handsome, but this one guy stood out. He had brown hair and a shirt that read "Kill 'Em All". Not really a good sign, but today was a good day, so I was willing to be open-minded. I mean, Ray was friends with them, they couldn't be THAT bad.
"Ray," One of them started to laugh. He had blonde hair and bright blue eyes.
"She okay?"
The cute guy started staring at me.
"Yeah, man." Ray moved to my side, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Say hey, Megan."
"Hi," I half-whispered-half-squeaked.
"Megan, this is Bob." Ray pointed to the blonde with those sparkling blue eyes.
"Hi, Bob,"
"Hey," He chuckled, but I didn't understand, what was so funny?
"This is Gerard," He pointed to the quiet, artsy looking one with shoulder length hair.
"Hi, Gerard," I whispered, a bit of confidence starting to rise within me. He nodded.
"This," Ray made a grand, humorous gesture with his arms. "Is Mikey,"
The boy with glasses and the awkwardly sweet smile waved.
"He's Gerard's younger brother."
"Hi, Mikey," I waved back. I thought it was weird Mikey was the younger one. He was the tallest one in the room. Ray's fro height didn't count.
"And last, but certainly not least," Ray paused for effect. "Frank,"
Oh, his name was Frank? That's such a common name, but it fitted him...it made him seem even more attractive. Gosh.
"Hi, uh, F-Frank," I whispered, all my moxie had left me. Bob laughed again.
"Hey," Frank rolled his eyes. I felt an odd lump in my throat form. Did he already hate me? Ugh! I mess everything up!
"Wanna chill with us, Meg?" Ray ruffled my hair.
"Well, um," I quickly pulled my hair up into a pony-tail. What would a group such as this do for fun? I didn't come up with anything, except for virginal sacrifices and black magic.
"No thanks," I looked down at my sock covered feet. I could imagine Gerard and Mikey murdering Ray while Bob and Frank sat back with popcorn. I almost changed my answer.
"C'mon, Meg," Bob fake punched my shoulder. "You're not scared of us, are you?"
Honestly? Yes!
"Umm, no," I looked to Ray for help.
"Then, come on!" Bob grabbed my wrist and led me to the table. Oh, goodness. Ray turned on the television and started the coffee maker. That's strange, it's two in the afternoon. But, that wasn't the most abnormal thing though, Mikey put a board game on the table.
I know what you're thinking, "Big deal! They're bored." but, it wasn't because the act of playing board games itself, it was that sixteen and eighteen year olds were fixing to play a My Little Pony themed game.
Meant for six year olds, in case you didn't know.
"Who's who?" Ray called from the sink, rinsing out a couple of mugs.
"I'm Twilight Sparkle!" Mikey ripped open the little plastic bag. Were they serious?
"I call Rarity!" Gerard snatched up the piece and glared at everyone like they were going to try to take it from him. They're serious. Oh, my God.
"Frank?" Mikey raised an eyebrow.
Please tell me he isn't going to---
"Rainbow Dash,"
Are you kidding me?!
"Ray is Apple Jack," Mikey put the orange pony on the start.
"Why?" Ray crossed his arms.
"Because you're honest and hard-working," Gerard smirked.
"Fine," Ray sighed, then returned to the coffee mugs.
"Umm, Ray," I laughed quietly. "There's only five of you," He placed ten coffee mugs on the counter next to the machine.
Bob and Mikey laughed. Great, now I have two of them thinking I'm a clown.
"You'd be surprised by how much coffee Gerard and Mikey can drink,"
Gerard laughed. I think I liked his the best. Bob's was kinda rough sounding and Mikey's was pitchy. Gerard's was perfectly in the middle.
"Oh," Was all I could manage to say.
"It's alright, it takes some time to get used to all of us," Mikey laughed again.
"Now," Ray filled up each cup. "Finish assigning ponies,"
"Gee," Mikey rolled his eyes. Gerard looked up, then looked at Mikey, I guess "Gee" is his nickname or something. "You sure are bossy, AJ,"
"Just finish it, Twilight," Ray impersonated a someone from the south. Everyone laughed, well, except for me.
"Alright, I'm Twilight, Gerard is Rarity, Frank's Dashie, You're Apple Jack, Bob is Pinkie Pie," Mikey counted off on his fingers.
"Wait, why the hell am I Pinkie?" Bob looked very angry and it scared the living daylights out of me. He looked like he was going to hit someone.
"You're a party person," Gerard reached for a mug, then blew a kiss at Ray. "Thank you, so much, darling!" He made his voice sound like he was a princess or prince. Everyone laughed again, and again, I was in the dark.
"Fine, who's Fluttershy?" Bob crossed his arms.
"Megan, 'cause she's shy," Ray placed a yellow pony on the start. Oh, no. They expect me to play them. Maybe I can come up with an excuse.
"I'd rather not, I don't know how to play," I stood up and headed for the door.
"Wait, it's easy!" Bob put a hand on my shoulder and guided me back to my seat.
"And it's your turn!" Mikey passed me the pink set of dice. I got six. I picked up the first pony I saw and put in six spaces ahead.
"Umm," Ray laughed. "That's Rainbow Dash,"
Well! Excuse me for not knowing characters from a baby show!
Frank put his piece back on start and picked up the other one with wings. When he handed it to me, our hands touched. I almost melted into the floor. I shakily put Flutter Jack, or whatever her name is, on my spot. I hope this doesn't take long.

~~*~
*Two hours later*

The game still went on. They would argue over every. Little. Detail. Big MacIntosh invites you on a date! No, Apple Jack, that's you're brother. Draw again, Ray.
Ugh.
Get your mane dirty? Don't worry, Rainbow Dash, you wouldn't care. Don't pay Rarity any money.
Seriously? I think I'm more of a man then any of them are.
They ended up giving up on the game because when I reached the end, they were all back on start. Right as Mikey started packing up the game, my mother walked in. Expecting a fit, I braced myself.
"Hello, darling!" She kissed Ray's forehead.
"Hey, Amanda," Ray smiled.
Wait, what? She's not going to yell at us?
"How are you, Raymond?" My step-father walked in, holding a large package in his arms.
"Good, how are you dad?"
John wasn't going to yell either? Did I miss something?
"Great," He smiled his big, toothy grin. It made my blood run cold. Ray doesn't look anything like him. I racked my brain for an explanation. Birthday? Anniversary? Divorce? New baby? Oh, please, don't let it be the last two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well?
My internet access is turned off at the moment, so if you're reading any of my other stories, the only one that can be updated right away is Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. And that's because Luna's co-writing it with me....so, you know how that goes.
<3