Status: Complete <3

Everything's an Illusion

1/1

On a tour break All Time Low are basically apart from each other, that's it. All it means to the band is that they finally get a break from Jack's constant fooling around, and his inconsistent dick jokes. It gives the quieter, more relaxed, band members a chance to catch up on lost sleep and meet up with old friends.

For example, Zack. On tour he never gets a minute of peace, he's always stuck on the bus with Jack and Alex playing loud music and jumping around like little bunny rabbits. There was one night on the last tour, where the two actually wore bunny suits for a party night on Hey Monday's bus.

Yet, when Zack is at home, he gets the change to edit some of the photos he takes on tour, and catch up with friends who are still in Baltimore or touring there.

This morning he'd gotten a call from a few friends, Kyle Burns and Caleb Turman, asking if he wanted to hang out. They told him they had news and naturally he'd accepted their invitation, he was curious and also extremely bored. As much as Alex and Jack annoyed him on tour, he missed them when they weren't together.

Especially Alex. Alex was a lot more bearable when Jack wasn't there as well, or maybe that was just Zack's personal opinion? But either way, he missed the caramel haired singer and his antics. So instead of going with Kyle and Caleb alone he decided to drag Alex along for the trip out. Hopefully he appreciated it, the bassist had to practically beg Caleb to let Alex go.

There may or may not have been an incident involving a sleeping Caleb, a drunken "Jalex" and a tub of cream switched with a tub of hair gel. The ginger haired guy wasn't ready to forgive and forget just yet, no matter how much Alex grovelled and apologized. Jack refused to ask for forgiveness, he was stubborn and still found the outcome of the incident hilarious.

Zack picked Alex up dead on noon, yet he was left waiting outside Alex and Rian's home for about half an hour anyway, until Alex showed up in his flannel shirt and scarf.
"Liking the fluff, very stylish," Zack teased. Alex got into the car and flipped him off.
"Didn't have time to shave," he shrugged. "Only got up ten minutes ago." Alex grinned and put on his seatbelt so Zack could drive.

"How's life been without touring?" Zack asked, keeping his eyes on the road as he began the relaxed conversation.
"Eh, the usual. Boring, and I miss the fans, you know what they all mean to me," Alex smiled. Zack could see the glint in his eyes as he spoke about their loyal followers. He understood why Alex was so attached to these people. he felt the same, it was just less visible.

He found it cute how passionate Alex was, when it came to the music, the fans and the touring itself. It was adorable, every night on tour he'd go offstage buzzing with his gorgeous eyes twinkling. Occasionally the guy could get so overwhelmed he'd cry, he wouldn't always notice, but when he did he didn't care. It's why Zack had so much respect for Alex.

"I'm pretty sure they miss you too. I've lost count of how many tweets I get asking when we'll be back," Zack chuckled.
"Mhm, I just wanna get back on the road," Alex smiled. His dimples were cute too, Zack noted. It was weird how he was only just noticing how good looking Alex was. It was a lot easier to be friendly and at peace when Jack wasn't attached to Alex's hip.
"I like having breaks like this, but I miss touring too. I miss you and the rest of the guys, but I guess it's important we spend time away. I think I would strangle Jack without a break," Zack grinned. Alex laughed and nodded in agreement.
"He's a little hard to stomach, I'll give you that one. I SEE KYLE! I SEE THAT BLONDE BITCH! NOT HARD TO MISS!" Alex yelled.

He wound down the window and shoved his hand out, flipping off Kyle and Caleb as Zack pulled into a parking spot. Zack rolled his eyes but smiled as he climbed out of his car with Alex following behind him. He walked over to the FTSK boys and hugged them each in turn.
"Hey douchebags," Alex waved. He skipped over and leapt on Caleb causing the other boy to stumble as he tried to control the hyper Gaskarth clinging to his clothing.
"Alex, get the fuck off," He rolled his eyes.
"Down boy!" Kyle clapped his hands in Alex's face causing him to leap at Kyle's small frame instead.

Unlike Caleb, Kyle fell to the ground and laughed as he shoved Alex off his body. Alex got up and brushed himself down as Caleb fussed over his bandmate.
"So what's the news?" Zack asked with a wink to Kyle and Caleb. They both blushed and looked at each other. Kyle blushed deeper and giggled, whilst Caleb linked their hands together and held them up.
"W-we're together," He announced, timidly.

Alex and Zack stood staring blankly at the two other boys before both grinning at them. "I KNEW IT! JACK TOTALLY OWES ME A DRINK NOW!" Alex squealed and hugged them both.
"We're the gay ones, yet that thing squeals," Caleb pointed to Alex who pouted and linked arms with Zack. He shoved his nose into the air and Zack laughed.
"Grow up 'Lex. He's messing with you," Zack rolled his eyes. He ruffled Alex's hair and Alex gasped in fake shock.
"Oh no you didn't!" He clicked his fingers and all three of them laughed.

"I have my suspicions," Kyle muttered to Caleb, making sure Zack and Alex couldn't hear. Caleb discreetly nodded in agreement and pecked his boyfriends lips affectionately.
"As do I," He smiled sweetly. Kyle blushed and hid behind his blonde fringe. "So are we going in to get food? Or are we just going to stand here forever?" Caleb raised his voice, now addressing Alex and Zack.
"Food!" Alex grinned and pulled Zack in through the door. Caleb laughed.
"They're so gonna end up fucking," he raised an eyebrow and Kyle nodded.
"Probably, it's Alex," Kyle shrugged, brushing his hair under his beanie a little further.
"I bet you a rim job that Zack makes first move," Caleb smirked. Kyle bit his lip and nodded in confirmation. He shook his boyfriends hand to seal their bet.
"You're on, babe. Alex is so going to start this," Kyle giggled.

By the time Kyle and Caleb joined Alex and Zack, they had a table and were looking at a menu between the two of them.
"You do know there's enough for one each?" Caleb asked, clearly amused by their odd behavior. Zack blushed.
"I guess we're just used to being with a massive group and sharing the menus..." Zack explained. Alex was also blushing as he reached across Zack to grab another menu. Zack noticed Alex's struggle and passed him the menu they were previously using, before grabbing a new one for himself.

Kyle and Caleb shared a glance at each other before giggling and trying to stifle it. They both took their seats and flicked through a menu together, a waitress came over and started to take their orders.
"I know Alex will want lasagna, he always gets that from here," Zack shrugged. Kyle involuntarily "aw"ed.
"Cute, you know his food order," he teased. "I know Caleb would eat everything off the menu if he could," Kyle giggled and Caleb pouted. "I'm kidding," He smiled at Caleb.

"Zacky, I need to pee!" Alex announced as they waited for food.
"Go then," Zack laughed. Alex pouted.
"Come with me?" He mumbled. Zack shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Zaaack, what if I get-" Alex stopped and sighed. "Never mind," He grumbled. He stood up and walked away from the table.
"I'll go after him," Kyle chirped. He kissed Caleb gently before following Alex into the bathroom, leaving Zack and Caleb alone at the table.

Zack nervously played with the hem of his shirt and Caleb rearranged his knife and fork on the tabled. "Why does this seem so awkward?" Zack laughed.
"You always seem awkward, you don't speak enough," Caleb insisted.
"I know, but I never have anything to talk about. I leave that to Alex or Jack," he shrugged.
"Where is Jacko?" Caleb quizzed.
"At his place, I invited 'Lex cause jack isn't around to keep him amused and Ri wanted to see Cass today, so I thought they might want his place to themselves..." Zack made up lame excuses for him taking Alex out for the day.

Even though all of it was technically true, Zack had brought Alex out because he missed him more then usual, and he genuinely wanted to see Alex's adorable smile and those familiar dimples again.
"You like him, huh?" Caleb raised his eyebrow. Zack shook his head, there was a short pause before he started speaking.
"Well, as a friend yeah... Obviously nothing more... That'd be weird... Right?" Zack mumbled.
"No." A voice that wasn't Caleb's spoke.

Zack turned to look at Alex standing there, he looked slightly hurt. "I wouldn't find it weird..." He muttered. He sat next to Zack but kept his distance from the other person. "Nothing wrong with crushing on friends. I've had crushes on friends before," Alex babbled. Zack blushed. "So who is it?" Alex nudged him with his elbow. Zack shook his head in denial and glared at Caleb who shrugged and looked up as their food arrived.

The conversation returned to normal after the miniature drama of Alex's return. Zack was quiet, as usual, but he still gave his views when they were necessary.
"So are you guys ready to go? Me and Ky wanted to go watch a film. You guys can tag along if you want?" Caleb offered. Alex nodded and Zack agreed, only so he could keep his eyes on Alex.

He allowed Caleb and Kyle to lead the way to the movie theatre and discovered that the film they wanted to watch was a horror. Alex didn't like horror films, he always pretended to be hardcore, and acted like he liked horror films. But, Zack knew that by the time the film was halfway through Alex would be curled up and hidden in his hoodie. It was kind of cute but horrible and painful for Zack to watch. He didn't want his Alex to be scared.

-

Zack was right with his presumptions Alex spent half of the film whimpering and burying his head in Zack's chest. Zack held him and reassured him throughout the film and Alex clinged to a fistful of his shirt as the movie came to an end.

Zack pried the scared singer off his chest and led him out of the theatre, he held the other boys hand tight as Alex looked around cautiously. Kyle and Caleb were following behind them laughing and imitating Alex's reaction to the film.
"Thanks for not laughing," He sighed and clung to Zack.
"It's okay 'Lexy," Zack smiled. Alex hugged his muscular torso and smiled into his shoulder.
"Can I sleep at your house tonight? Rian will laugh at me if I have a nightmare... But you won't," Alex mumbled. Zack chuckled and pat Alex's back.
"Course you can," He smiled reassuringly. "I won't laugh at you," he mumbled.

Kyle and Caleb had disappeared leaving Alex and Zack standing bewildered and alone. Alex looked up at Zack and blushed. He loosened his scarf and sighed before grabbing the back of Zack's head and kissing him. Zack stood in shock before hesitantly kissing back, adjusting to the feeling of being 'intimate' with Alex.

"CALEB YOU OWE ME A RIM JOB!" Alex laughed and Zack blushed.
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot...