Ordinary Boy

Lost Puppy

"I don't know Candace, it's been sooo different lately.' Avery sighed, pressing her phone between her shoulder and ear as she folded laundry.

"It's not all sunshine and roses all the time, Av." Candace laughed, "Plus, not for nothing, I feel like you've been in Boston forever but you still talk about your place like it's his. You gotta realize he wants it to be your home too."

"But does he though? I just feel like it's been harder lately, I don't know." Avery sighed, stopping her folding and sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Relationships take work, hun. And I'm sure he won't know what's bothering you unless you say something." Candace told her.

"Candace Seguin, the girl that is 100% against relationships because they take too much energy, is encouraging me to work through this?" Avery chuckled into the phone, finally putting the last of the laundry in the drawers and heading back to the laundry room to put the basket away.

"You and I both know that Tuukka is your one. If that shit's even real. You guys will get through it."

"I know, I know. I think this week will be a nice change for us, to get out of the city for a bit." Then a great idea came to Avery, "Wait! Come to Dallas so we can get the band back together! We’re going to stay a couple days after the game with Ty.” Avery was even more excited now at the prospect of Candace joining them.

"Will there be parties?"

“There will be if we’re there” Avery chuckled, getting comfortable on the living room couch.

“Good point.... what do you think the chances are that my brother’s gotten over his whole rule about his friends thing?” Candace asked and Avery laughed out loud in response. “Can you talk to him please? I’m an adult.”

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do for you, kid."

"You the best." Candace laughed into the phone. Avery heard the front door open and foot steps make their way down the hall.

"I know, I know. But listen Tuukka just go home from practice." Avery looked up and was greeted by Tuukka standing in the hallway, with Brad Marchand by his side.

"Get it girl!" Candace yelled into the phone

"Oh I will. Don't you worry. See you soon!" She tapped the end button and slipped my phone into her pocket, getting up to greet Tuukka.

"Hi, love." Avery smiled up at him and and kissed him, “Hey Brad, I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages.” Brad gave her a big hug in response.

"Who was on the phone?"

"Candace, she's coming to Dallas this weekend." Avery smiled brightly and she could hear Tyler groaning all the way from Texas.

“Does her brother know she’s coming?” Brad laughed. It was common knowledge to anyone that knew Tyler how much he hated his sisters hanging around his teammates, or really any NHL player for that matter.

"I need friends. All the other girlfriends hate me, and I'm not trying to hangout with puck sluts." She tried to explain.

"Hey! Katrina loves you!" Brad interjected, almost offended.

"Yes but she hardly ever travels with us, so I'm all by my lonesome." Avery sighed dramatically.

Before Brad could respond, Tuukka's phone was buzzing in his pocket, he pulled it out and chuckled at the name on the screen. Turning to show Avery and Brad.

FaceTime call from Tyler Seguin

Tuukka held up a finger for them to be quiet and answered.

“Hey Segs, long time no talk!” He smiled at the screen

“Is she with you?” He snapped.

“Yes. I’m right here.” Avery popped in beside Tuukka

“Why did you tell her she could come?” Avery ripped the phone from Tuukka's hand and walked across the apartment.

“Jesus Ty. Don't sound so excited to see your sister. She's my friend and I can invite her wherever I want to invite her." Avery replied stubbornly.

“Then invite her to Boston to get drunk and hookup with Tuukka’s teammates, not mine.” Tyler sighed, "Better yet! Why don't you have her come visit you while they're here. Win-win"

"And then who would get the beloved Bruins goalie pumped up so he can kick your ass?' Avery smirked looking over at Tuukka. Brad fake gagged.

"You're disgusting." Tyler grimaced at the thought of his childhood best friend and ex-teammate, "And I'd say he played just fine before you started following him around like a lost puppy."

"Watch it." Tuukka warned from across the room.

"I just really thought it would be nice for us to all be in the same city for the first time in awhile is all." Avery explained to him, hoping she could pity him into getting over it.

'Just be sure to remind her to behave herself' He sighed, probably realizing there was no reasoning with Avery on this one.

"While it's been wonderful talking to you, Seggy. I'm starving and we were just heading to lunch." Brad called from his seat at the breakfast bar.

"Is that Marchy?! Let me see him!" Tyler's face lit up...no matter who they played for Avery was pretty sure those two would always be obsessed with each other.

"Back off Segs, he's mine now." Tuukka popped up taking the phone from Avery's hand.

"I'll leave you to your love fest while I go grab a coat." She chuckled, making her way to hers and Tuukka's room to get her jacket.

As she reached up into the closet for the sneakers she wanted, Avery felt a pair of hands snake around her waist. She relaxed her body into Tuukka's and sighed.

"I love you, you know that?" Tuukka whispered into her hair.

Avery spun herself around and took Tuukka's face in her hands, "I love you more than you'll ever know." She smiled kissing him softly, he instantly turned the kiss more passionate.

He lifted her off the ground, Her legs wrapped around his waist instinctively. She threw her head back in laughter as he kissed softly down her neck. "Babe, Brad's waiting for us, we can't"

"He went to meet Kat there, I told him to give us 30." He smiled, bringing his lips back to hers and moving towards their bed.

---

Twenty minute later, Tuukka and Avery entered the restaurant hand in hand. They approached the hostess and Avery watched as her face lit up when she recognized him.

One of Avery's favorite things about moving to Boston was the atmosphere. The fans are like no other, they love their teams passionately. She was never prouder of Tuukka than we she watched him interact with his fans, he was a hero in this city. The one things she could do without though were the girls. He made it a point to treat all Bruins fans well, but Avery wished he was just a liiitle less friendly with the female ones that threw themselves at him.

"Hi, we're meeting some-"

"Oh my god you're Tuukka Rask!"

Case in point.

"Ha, yeah that's me." He smiled, awkwardly. He loved his fans, but always felt bad for Avery when girls jumped all over him in front of her.

"This is so funny! Brad Marchand actually just walked in." She giggled and Avery scoffed louder than she realized. The hostess finally acknowledged her presence, looking her up and down.

"We're actually meeting them here, where are they?" Avery asked.

"Oh. I'll show you." Her tone instantly bitchy when she addressed Avery.

"Play nice." Tuukka whispered into Avery's hair, sensing her annoyance. "You're kind of sexy when you get jealous though." He smirked and Avery glared up at him.

"I am NOT jealous."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellloooo if there's anyone still out there :)

Rediscovered this story I had started yeeeaaaaarrrssss ago and have a re-found an interest in writing. Working on editing to do my best to bring to more current day accuracy (Bear with me- some things may be a little off) before adding some new chapters!