Ordinary Boy

Yes.

"So I was thinking..." Tuukka called to Avery as he stepped out of the shower.

They'd been home from Dallas for about two weeks now and Avery was absolutely dying inside. When he hadn't asked her Dallas she was sure it would happen as soon as they got back. But when that happened she started to wonder if she'd gotten the complete wrong idea.

"Never a good thing." She smirked as he opened the bathroom door and standing in front of her in a towel.

"Ouch, that hurts." He placed his hand on his heart.

"That" she narrowed her eyes looking pointedly at him, "Is not fair". He merely chuckled in response and she sighed, "Proceed...."

"House shopping."

"What?" She asked sitting up a little in bed.

"I think we should start house shopping... well actually there's a place I want you to see if you're up for it" He told her eagerly.

Avery could tell he was super excited about this. And she was beyond ready but they had always said they wanted to be engaged before they started looking for a house. If he was ready to start looking then that must have meant she was right on the money.

"Are you sure about this? I thought we weren't going to go until we were sure this was it."

"And what you mean by that is you thought we weren't going to go until I popped the question?" He looked at her knowingly.

"Well, I- I wasn't going to put it like that." She fidgeted with her hands and looked down at her lap.

"You do know that you're the only person I ever want to be with, right?" He asked sitting down on the edge of the bed and lifting her face so her eyes met his.

"Then why won't you just marry me?! I know that you-noooope, never mind." She blurted out, and his eyes grew large.

"You know I, what?" Tuukka asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well so, your credit card company called when we were in Dallas. You didn't answer their call and you gave them my info too and they were checking on fraud...Candace took the phone when they said where the charge was at but-" she explained and he furrowed his brow at her.

"Fucking Candace."

"OH GOD WAS IT FRAUD?! I am such an idiot. Shit... I Can't believe I-She wouldn't tell me what it was so I just assumed she knew something. Oh fuck."

"Wow, you need to take a breath." He shook his head and chuckled lightly in response.

"So it wasn't fraud?" Her eyes widened, looking up at him.

"No Avery, it was not fraud." Tuukka sighed, climbing off their bed and walking across the room. "You're the most stubborn-ly impatient woman I've ever met." He told her, as he rummaged around in his bag in the corner, "You know, I had this big romantic evening planned, and I was going to ask you then, but we won't be us if we weren't totally nontraditional.'' He finally found what he wanted and made his way back to the bed, where Avery sat, tears welling up in her eyes. "I never want to be with anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Would you please just cut to the chase, I'm dying over here." She laughed through her tears.

"Avery Michaels, will you marry me?" He asked dropping to one knee in front of her.

"yes. yes. A million times, yes! I love you" She smiled, tears streaming down her face as she grabbed him and pulled him to her. He pulled away from her and slid the diamond onto her finger.

"I love you Avery." He smiled kissing her.

----

"You did well, Mr. Rask." Candace said approvingly while admiring the ring on Avery's finger.

"We should just be all be grateful you approved the charge when the credit card company called Avery..." Tuukka chuckled.

"Wait... what?! You have to tell us that story!" Bergy laughed.

Candace had insisted on throwing them an engagement party, even made Tyler fly in for it. Candace however didn't know anyone in Boston aside from the Bruins family, so now Tuukka and Avery had the majority of the Bruins organization plus a couple of Seguins scattered around their apartment.

"No no... we will skip that one." Avery laughed joining Tuukka's side.

He wrapped his arm around her and kissed the side of her head, "All that matters is that she said yes."

"Good thing you got that ring on her finger before she could change her mind." Krejci quipped.

"Okay okay, boys that's enough." Tyler interrupted, standing up from his spot on the couch. "I would like to propose a toast to two of my favorite people....

Who knew sneaking off to watch a women's hockey practice one random afternoon... Sorry coach." Tyler glanced at Cassidy who gave him a fake disapproving look, "to see my sister and my best friend play would turn into this. No seriously who knew? I definitely didn't. Because, honestly Tuuk, it was getting borderline stalker there for a bit." The whole room laughed, "I'll never forget you telling me how amazing you thought she was without ever meeting her... I mean...CREEPY."

"I think it was how 'different' she was" Candace piped in.

"Ahh yes, different. Not sure what from though." He paused for a second "I've actually never seen a brush off like the one Avery gave him that day. She was not interested in the slightest but you could tell he fell totally in love with her in that moment..... which, again, creepy." He shrugged, "It may have taken Av a little... or maybe a lot longer but I think she finally loves you too. And if she didn't before she definitely does with that rock on her finger."

"Maybe..." Avery shrugged looking up at Tuukka.

"In all seriousness, I've never met two people who were better for each other. I'm so glad I am thank for all of this,"He beamed looking around the room, "I think the only thing you two love more than hockey... and yourselves, is each other. Though your love grosses almost all of us out 98% of the time, it's also pretty freaking awesome to watch the two of you doing life together. Really, I love you guys, and I'm so happy for you! To Avery & Tuukka!"

"Avery & Tuukka!" The whole room echoed.

Avery wiped the tears from her eyes and walked to hug Tyler.

"Who knew you were such an eloquent speaker, Mr. Seguin." She smiled pulling him into a hug.

"Seriously, thank you, man." Tuukka smiled appreciatively at his ex-teammate.

"ALRIGHT... enough of this sappy shit. Who's ready for a party?!" Candace's voice bellowed across the room.

"And that is my cue!" Coach laughed coming over to say his goodbyes, "Congrats to you both, I can't wait for the wedding. And to the rest of you....." He looked pointedly around the room at his team, "I will see you on Monday... don't have too much fun."

The team whooped and hollered in response to their unexpected day off.

----
Avery woke the next morning to the sun streaming into their room and rolled over to find the bed empty. She sat up and found Tuukka sitting in the chair in their room on his computer.

"Good morning, Kultaseni" He smiled at her over his cup of coffee.

"Come back to beddddd." She whined falling back into the pillows. She heard his laptop shut and him shuffle across the room back to their bed.

"Did you have fun last night?" He asked climbing back into bed next to her.

"So much. We have the best people"

"We do." He nodded in agreement, wrapping his arms around her. "This is better though." He whispered, laying his head down on her chest.

"Anything you'd like to do today?" She asked, absentmindedly running her fingers through his hair.

"I can think of one thing...." He smirked looking up at her.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"Mmmmm...you." He started to undo the buttons on his shirt from the night before that Avery had chosen to sleep in. With every button, he laid a kiss on her skin and she giggled in response.

"Tuukka Rask, you dirty boy." She laughed pulling his face up to kiss him.

"Oh did you want me to stop?" He wrapped his arms under her butt and pulled her into his lap, "I can definitely stop if you want me to..." He mumbled as he continued to kiss her as his hands wandered her body.

"Definitely don't stop" She moaned in response, pulling his T-shirt over his head.

"GOOD MORN- UGH JESUS CHRIST"

"Is knocking just not a thing in the Seguin family?!" Tuukka asked with an eye roll looking over at Candace standing in their bedroom doorway.

"Are you two ever not banging each other's brains out? It's like 8 am I just assumed it was safe." She shot back at him.

"Right, 8 am so why are you even in our bedroom? " Avery asked, re-buttoning her shirt and climbing back over to her side.

"Well, I um...was hoping to talk to you...." Candace nervously started to explain.

"There you are... I was wondering where you ran off to." At the sound of a familiar voice approaching, Tuukka sat up. "Oh, huh, hey guys." Pasta was suddenly standing in their bedroom doorway in just the pants he had on the night before. Tuukka shot him a look and Avery raised an eyebrow at Candace who shrugged awkwardly in response.

"Hey Pasta, why don't we got make some coffee for whoever else is still here?" Tuukka suggested, pulling his t-shirt back on and climbing out of bed. "This isn't over" he whispered in Avery's ear before planting a kiss on her head. "She's all yours" Tuukka motioned for Candace to take his spot next to Avery and headed out of the room.

"I didn't even mean to do it... but god all the tequila." Candace groaned and Avery nodded in agreement.

"Discussing last night's messy fuck?" Tyler appeared in the doorway of their room and Candace shifted down pulling the blankets over her head, "Pretty obvious that was going to go down." He laughed laying across the bottom of the bed on his side.

"My messy fuck or your sisters? Two very different kinds of messy." Avery laughed and Candace pulled the blankets down.

"Can we not talk about your fucking while I'm under all your sex coated blankets." Candace grimaced.

"Sure, let's talk about your fucking then!" Avery offered with a laugh and Candace smacked her with a pillow.

"Please god no." Tyler groaned.

They all erupted in laughter.

Avery smiled to herself as Tyler and Candace carried on a conversation. It was moments like this that made her miss when Tyler was in Boston. Dallas turned out to be a great move for him and he'd been playing great but she selfishly wished he was still a Bruin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh like nine 7 years in the making here... I've been super into this lately and have a bunch written so new chapter soon!

Do people even do this anymore? Who knows but I'm going to do it anyways lol