A Saving Grace

Epilogue

In the six years after Alice and Alex met on that bridge, their lives changed drastically.
Alex left his family and London behind, and he went to Kingsbridge, and soon after married the woman of his dreams. He became a screenwriter and a local musician, living his dream.
Alice left London behind as well, disappearing one night with a man she had just met. She lives in Kingsbridge as well, and she's married to the man she ran away with, very happily married, I might add. She's a teacher and a Young Adult's novelist.

Alice and Alex welcomed their first child, Benedict Martin, six years after they left London. They had two more children in the following years, Emmaline Rain and Guinevere Megan. They died at 78 and 79, with six grandchildren, many bestselling novels and well-known films, and many, many students and fans that would always remember them.

If they were real.

In truth, Alice Grace kept walking across that bridge, too caught up in her own problems to notice the boy who moments after her feet left the bridge, jumped off, drowning in the water below him.
Alice never met Alex,
She never became a teacher or an author, she ended up dying two years later on the floor of her abusive boyfriend's apartment due to a gunshot wound.
Alex never went on to be part of those great movies, and never wrote any music (well, none that anyone would know of).
Benedict, Emmaline, and Guinevere were never born, and neither were their children, and the would-be students and fans of the great Alex and Alice never even knew their names.

The End.