Status: My first one-shot.

Barakat Bathtime

1/1

It had been a long day at work; a frustrating one, with customers yelling at you when you didn't have their size or when the alarms at the doors went off. You'd worked almost 16 hours at that stupid summer sale and it had taken almost an hour to get back to the flat you shared with your boyfriend, Jack Barakat; but finally, you were home.

You were barely through the door before kicking your black heels off and looping your blazer on the hooks by the door. From the silence you guessed that Jack was still at band practise with the boys, it was a golden opportunity to have a relaxing bath before the always energetic Jack bounded in.

Running a deep bath with strawberry scented bubbles almost overflowing, you gathered all your bath “potions” - as Jack called them - together: a berry mix body gel, coconut shampoo and conditioner, along with Jack's huge dark blue towel. With everything together, you unbuttoned your dress and stepped out of it, pulling off your tights and panties before unhooking your bra and stepping into the longed for bath.

Sinking down, you let the warm water rush over you; enveloping your shoulders, causing you to let out a deep, relaxed sigh. You're not sure how long you're laid there before your eyes begin to lose focus and you drift off to sleep.

- 20 minutes later -

Something brushing lightly over your left hip gently rouses you from your sleep, softly caressing the curve of your waist and sending shivers shooting up your spine.

'Go away.' You mutter, twisting your body round away from the source only to end up coughing and spluttering as you capture a mouthful of bubbles and bath water.

Sitting upright in an attempt to gain your composure, you realise that the light touch is back again. Looking down you see long fingers slide round your waist and feel a gentle breath next to your ear as the sound of quiet chuckling comes from behind you.

Jack!

Spinning around to face him, you grin as you look at him in the bath with his hands held up in a protest of innocence - his hair flattened and a cute, crooked smile on his lips. Throwing your arms around his neck and pressing your lips to his, you can't help but smile as he immediately asks for entrance to your mouth with his tongue.

Slowly pulling back, you examine him as he pulls a puppy-dog face at you - making you giggle. 'Not today Jack,' you laugh. 'I'm too tired; I've missed you so much today though.'

'I've missed you too, Y/N. Good day?' He asks, you give him a brief description of your day and he tells you about band practise before you both decide to wash. Jack massages the body gel onto your back and shoulders, making you sigh contentedly and lean into him.

'Hey, don't fall asleep again.' He jokes, 'I've got a surprise for you so you better stay awake.' You nod in reply and return the favour, lathering the gel over Jack's shoulders and giving him a long back rub. After you finish washing your body, you wash your hair and climb out.

When you're both out of the bath you cuddle together inside Jack's towel, sharing the body heat and drying faster. Roughly 10 minutes or so passed before Jack decides to make a run for it, sprinting naked to your bedroom and leaving you laughing at his lanky frame, you eventually wander in with the towel wrapped tightly round you.

As you pull on one of Jack's old t-shirts, reaching your mid-thigh, and a pair of sky blue panties, you hear Jack yell: 'I'll get the popcorn!' Confused, you shout back, 'what're we watching?'

'Nightmare Before Christmas, silly.' Jack grins, popping his head round the door as you clean up and head into the living room. 'I figured you'd be tired after work today so I got everything ready for a movie night.' He explained.

Your only response is to smile and feel your heart swell with love, when you reach the living room you gasp as you see that Jack has also got The Corpse Bride for you to watch along with candles to light the room and your favourite old patchwork blanket for the two of you to snuggle underneath. Shortly after you’ve settled yourself on the sofa with the blanket draped over your legs, Jack rushes in wearing an old pair of boxers to proudly place a bowl of popcorn on the table.

'Here we go.' He says, putting the disc in the DVD player with a flourish before curling himself round you and tucking the blanket round you both. Together you curl up on the sofa, you wrapped in Jack's arms and his head resting on your shoulder.

Tonight was going to be a beautiful night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote it ages ago, I like to think that I've got better since then but we'll have to see.