Status: New

Damaged Hearts

Not So Inviting Words

Going to the mall with Lacey and Dash was not what I expected it to be. It wasn't awkward or boring, and I actually found myself having fun with the both of them. They were both really cool girls.

Lacey and I had always been like two peas in a pod, growing up. She was the sister I never had; the soul sister I never wanted to lose. She was fun and full of spunk, but unlike some people, she knew when it was time to be serious. She always had a habit of being more mature, thinking realistically rather than optimistically and always acting like the mother hen of the group. I could talk to her about anything. She wasn't judgmental or negative in any way, but to piss her off was something similar to a sin - no one should ever do it.

I had only just met Dash this morning, but the two of us were getting along quite well for two people who had only just met. She was a lot like Lacey, only she was more vibrant and lifelike compared to my soul sister. Like me, she had an obsession with neon colors, and it showed in the many dresses that she tried on in an attempt to find the perfect dress for tonight. Most of all, she was a curious little thing, asking me questions about my love life and trying to get to know me better. She was a promising candidate for my best friend, behind Lace of course, but I would have to get to know her better first.

Together, we found the perfect outfits for dinner tonight, but it wasn't as easy as it sounds. Dash found hers first. Next, Lacey found hers after looking in only two stores. It was the hunt for my dress that took forever. You see while Dash and Lacey may have the bodies of supermodels with perfect legs and tiny hourglass figures, I do not. I had managed to inherit the big chest that all the women on my mother's side of the family had, along with the badonkadonk and the shapely thighs. I didn't have abs like Lace or Dash; I wasn't flat but I wasn't fat either. Every dress they had me try on either didn't look good with my hair, or my boobs kept busting out of the top. It was fairly amusing, but I began to worry that I'd never find something to wear tonight. It wouldn't surprise me, though, as shopping for dresses had always been rough for me in Dallas. I just had a unique shape, I guess.

"I wish I was as shapely as you, honey," Dash had told me when I tried on a bandage type dress. It looked horrible with my hair, and I was nearly busting out of it up top, but it definitely showed off my curves, which is not something I wanted it to do, seeing as how I would be around a bunch of taken men and their girlfriends.

"No, you don't." I told her. "It's so hard for me to find outfits that actually flatter my shape. Be glad you're tiny."

Anyway, I finally found a baby-doll dress that flattered my figure and didn't make my boobs bust out. I absolutely adored it and so did the girls when I showed them. I made the decision to buy it and then followed the girls to the next store to look for some shoes. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with a pair of blue and green platform sandals that I found in Dillard's. They were super cute and went with my dress fairly well, so I bought them and waited while Dash and Lacey continued to look around.

After they found the perfect shoes, we searched for matching clutches in a different store before leaving the mall with smiles on our faces.

The closer it got to 7 pm, the more nervous I got. I spent the time before getting ready just relaxing in the living room of my pool house and listening to the music of You Me At Six. The song "Bite My Tongue" with the guest vocals of Oliver Sykes was doing a pretty good job of calming me down when Lacey and Dash walked through the door. Their dresses and stuff were in my closet, so the three of us could just get ready here. Lacey had long ago dropped Molly off with Zacky's parents for her overnight visit, so she wouldn't have to call a babysitter on such short notice.

It was just like getting ready for prom, only we were older and it was just dinner with friends -- or strangers in my case. Nonetheless, it was fun to get ready with the girls. We helped each other with our makeup, our hair, and even zipping up our dresses. It was Lacey who was the zipper expert while Dash was the makeup artist and I got to help with their hair.

It was almost seven by the time we finished getting ready, and I had to admit that we cleaned up rather well, especially since Lacey and I weren't too fond of dresses when we were younger but now we were hooked.

Lacey was an absolute doll in her light pink chiffon dress. It was shorter in front and longer in back with a zipper detail in the front at top. Her shoes were a perfect match for her dress with a platform heel and a leather exterior. Her clutch was a little darker, but not by much and it gave some color to her outfit. A House of Harlow key necklace hung from her neck while Betsey Johnson earrings with a key and lock hung from her ears. Her hair was straightened and pulled back into a smooth ponytail, showing off her model-like features rather well. Light eye shadow on her lids with a thin line of Kohl eyeliner on top and a layer of mascara coating her lashes was all she needed to be runway ready.

Dash was a vibrant masterpiece, wearing a low-cut neon orange and pink bandage dress that looked absolutely amazing against her skin tone. Her eyelids were almost bare, except for her everyday line of black eyeliner and a coat of mascara, but it was her lips, done up in Barbie Pink lip color, that easily caught my attention. Coincidentally, her lipstick was the same color as her purse, which was the same color as her heels too. All in all, she looked every bit a diva.

My dress wasn't pink, nor did it have any pink on it. The top part of my dress happened to be an aqua-color, strapless and made up of sequins, while the skirt was an off white and stopped just inches above my knee. The blue and green ombre platform heels that I had bought at the mall gave the outfit a little more color with blue flowers on top and a green slingback strap. My clutch was the only pink thing on me, having a blue and green ombre stone on the front to match my shoes. My hair was in its natural curly state, brushed to perfection so that it would stay in the confines of my white embellished lace head wrap. My eyes were dressed up with aqua colored eye shadow and completed with eyeliner and mascara to bring more attention to my eyes, with my lips done up in a light pink lip color. The only jewelry on me was the stretch bracelet on my wrist that went with the outfit really well.

I followed Lacey and Dash into the house, where we met up with Zacky and another guy that I didn't know. Even to a girl like me, who was 5'10 and considered pretty tall for a woman, this man was a giant. He was nearly a foot taller than me with black choppy hair that fell into his face and eyes of nearly the same blue as mine. He was dressed in dark Jeans with a tux jacket over a black and white graphic tee and converse on his feet. A loose black tie hung around his neck, I guess to add some flavor to his rather plain outfit.

Dash walked up to him and gave him a big kiss, muttering something about how she missed him and all that, before they both turned to face me.

"You must be Tuesdae," He murmured with a slight lisp to his voice. Unlike Brian, who had given me the cold shoulder yesterday at the airport, this guy actually seemed rather pleased to meet me. "My name's Jimmy. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Jimmy's a little eccentric, but you'll get used to him." Lacey explained to me as everybody began heading outside. "Dash and him are perfect together."

Dash and Jimmy got into their own vehicle, a silver Chrysler 300 that looked fairly new, while Zacky and Lacey directed me to their black Lincoln MKZ sitting in the garage. I climbed into the back seat, sitting directly behind Lacey who was in the passenger seat. Zacky backed out of the driveway and followed Jimmy's 300 to wherever we were going. It didn't take long to get there, but my nerves seemed to fool my mind into thinking it had, causing my palms to sweat uncontrollably.

I had already met the majority of Zacky's band members, but one of the three that I had met already didn't seem to want me around; would the last one feel the same way? What about the girls? Dash was super nice, but there were two other girls that I had yet to meet, and they could easily find things wrong with me that caused them not to like me. God knows how imperfect I am compared to all of these Cali natives.

"You nervous?" Lacey murmured, rubbing my back as we walked to the front doors of the fancy establishment.

"Of course I am, Lace. I don't know these people, and I don't want any of them to dislike me."

"They'll love you." She murmured before allowing Zacky to pull her ahead a few feet so he could tell the receptionist that part of our party was here.

She led the three of us to the what looked more like a VIP room than a party room. In the middle of it sat a big round table with two couples already seated at it. The couple on the right didn't seem too happy to be there, and I got a gut feeling that the two of them would be more trouble than this whole dinner was worth, but it was the couple to the left of them that made me slightly less uneasy about it all.

"There you guys are," The guy on the left exclaimed when he saw us all enter the room. I recognized him as one of the guys that came with Zacky to pick Lacey and me up from the airport. Johnny, I'm pretty sure his name is. He was alright-looking with a buzzcut and big brown eyes, and a silver hoop in his nose, too. "We thought you weren't gonna make it."

The girl next to him was the first to notice my presence, sending me a friendly smile as she stood up from her chair. "You must be Tuesdae," She greeted, extending her arm out to shake hands with me. "I'm Roxxie, and I think you already met my boyfriend, Johnny."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Roxxie."

She grinned back at me. "Same to you, Tuesdae."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a brief introduction to Brian's girlfriend, Maurie -- who could only sneer in my direction and claim that I sounded funny -- everyone found their seats at the table and we got to order our drinks while we waited for the last person to arrive. I got to know a lot about the missing guy in those few minutes that we waited for him; all thanks to the fact that everyone at the table started talking about how they felt sorry for him and how he was going through a rough time after his relationship fell through and all that. His name was apparently Matt, and he was the vocalist of the band Zacky was in. He was a tough guy with an attitude you didn't want to mess with, but at the same time, he was a sweetheart. I gathered all that information and more about him through their gossip, but most of it, I tried to tune out due to the fact that it wasn't my business to know.

To hear them talk, this Matt guy could've been the real-life Hulk or something, but when he walked through that door and sat across from me at the table, he was anything but. He was polite and apologetic for his lateness, flashing a pair of gorgeous dimples at me when Lacey introduced us. His hand practically folded over mine as he shook my hand. It was all a bit overwhelming to be honest, but it put a smile on my face all the same.

It wasn't until everyone was nearly finished eating their entrees and some were getting ready to go smoke a cigarette outside that our nice dinner was turned nasty. I was actually enjoying myself before Maurie decided to open her mouth. Oh, how I wanted to slap the shit out of her . . . !

"Are you suicidal, Tuesdae? I heard this wasn't your only attempt at dying."