Status: IP

Lost and Alone

Crawling to safety

I opened my eyes to see fire and ash, so much death, so much destruction. I pushed myself up off the ground but, didn’t have the strength to stand up. I must have passed out at some time. Then I remembered, I shouldn’t have let her come here, she could have been safe. Why Sariah, why did I let you leave? Her body was on the ground a short distance away from me. I crawled over to her and fell down, as I layed on top of her I did not speak, I simply wept. I wept for the death of Sariah, for the death of my family, for the death of my village, for the death of my soul. As with any tragic deaths, a piece of the souls of the survivors is taken. The survivors can endure though, together as comrades, friends, or simply as acquaintances. There aren’t any others though, it’s just me, the only survivor whose soul was stolen along with his loved one, his home, and his life. I realized that I wanted to die; surely it would happen soon enough anyway. The only way to save myself would be to repair my body using the body of another, but I couldn’t. The only body nearby was Sariah’s, I couldn’t. I looked down on her through tear flooded eyes and saw her body crying out for justice to be brought on the one who did this to her. I realized I had to live, for her, and only for her. I brushed the hair off of her pale, fair face and kissed her left cheek, then her right, and then her lips. I couldn’t stop shaking knowing what I was about to do, it wasn’t right, wasn’t just, wasn’t human. I pulled a knife out of my belt and drew the symbol for life on my left hand and the symbol for death on my right. I put my right hand on her forehead and my left hand on her stomach. She looked so peaceful; she was so quiet just like she was in life. “I’m sorry Sariah, I’m so sorry.” Using the magic I had learned I vaporized her body and used the energy to heal mine. She slowly disappeared from top to bottom; if she had still been alive the pain would’ve been unbearable. It was over in a matter of minutes. I felt were my wounds had been to find that all of them had vanished entirely. I needed to get to someone who could help but, overcome by fatigue and unable to think about anything but Sairah I passed out again.
When I awoke it was morning. Something was different I thought as watched the sun creep up into the sky. It was hard to see the sun properly because of the glare coming in through the window. Wait, I had been outside hadn’t I? I sat up and looked down at the royal blue velvet bed sheets covering my legs. Then I looked at the rest of the room I was in. It had purple walls with magical focus circles written in black ink all over them. The side of the room where the only door in sight was might as well have been part of a library for all the books and bookshelves in covering that far wall. Just then someone in long blue and silver robes with a fair face, purple eyes and dark hair walked in. “Hello Seth, how are you feeling?” I didn’t know how to respond to this man that already knew so much about me. “Umm…. fine thanks, how exactly do know my name sir?” The man laughed, his hair may have been dark but at the sound of his voice I knew he was older than he looked. “Sir? How polite of you. Most people that don’t know me call me freak although you do know me. You see I’m around 361 years old right now and I know your name because you know mine Seth.” I looked at him for a while and remembered his voice. “Magim? Is that you?” Magim laughed yet again. “Yes it’s me Seth.” Your quiet lucky I put those protection spells on you or that monster would have killed you.” Magim’s eyes darkened. “He’s coming back for you, you realize that right?” A tear rolled down my cheek as I thought of what had happened. “Seth I can help you and I plan to. An elder in this collage of sorcery is near death and is looking for someone to pass his knowledge onto through possession, he will be your savior.” I knew what possession was and how dangerous it could be but I had no choice but to accept…
It was dark in this metal tower, but it mattered not to Salov. Vampires could see well in the dark, not that seeing his master would help protect him. It would do little but allow him to watch as the blow struck him, which it would. “Master I apologize but he’s just a farm brat that I will be able to kill at my leisure.” His master’s shadowy form had no definite shape but rather flicked and changed. “You know nothing Salov you fool of a boy! He’s at the collage as we speak and soon he will be stronger than even you could ever imagine. You should have killed him when you had the chance.” Salov was enraged he wasn’t a mere boy. Why he was 127,832 years old and had killed almost 90,000 people in his life. Had seen kingdoms rise and fall! But to this ancient being he was powerless, his Master was practically a god! “Master tell me what I must do and it will be done.” His master flicked and was suddenly looming over him. “Go out and kill Seth for the day you come back here and he’s still alive will be your last.” His master was whispering yet it brought a chill to Salov’s bones. He was glad to leave as he flew out the window, although Salov feared he would never return…
“Salov’s a fool isn’t he, master?” The thing that spoke was a shape shifter, at the moment it was a black cat and it sat on the ebony throne of it’s master. “Indeed he is, Shafire. Do me a favor and kill Salov when he comes back.” The master’s dark, flickering form vanished. Shafire knew that the flickering shadow was going to talk to the real one behind all this beautiful slaughter. Till he returned, Shafire would simply wait, wait till Salov returned…
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on making the 3rd chapter, not sure when I'll get back to Rule of 9 story but I'm sure I will eventually. Stay Awesome guys :)