Caraphernelia

Chapter 9- Wake Up

Mike's POV
By the time we made it out of the hospital I was in tears, "Vic he has to wake up.", I sobbed into my brothers chest as he pulled me to him. I pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lit one up. The smooth smoke went down my throat and it felt comforting. We stood outside of the hospital in silence just waiting. It's all we could do. My tears burned as they fell down my face, but tonight I didn't care. These tears were for Tony.
The doors to the hospital slid open and Sebastian stormed out. My whole body tightened as our eyes connected, "Mike.", my brother said putting his arm on my shoulder, "Let it go." I puffed more on my cigarette and let him walk away into the darkness of the city. I knew when Tony woke up we'd have to talk, but for now I just needed to relax. I laid my head back onto the concrete walls of the hospital and shut my eyes
A few minutes later Kellin rushed out of the hospital wide-eyed, "Mike get in there now.", and with that I rushed up and into the hospital hurrying to Tony's room. As I got closer doctors were rushing around in a panic. Then my eyes shot to Tony's room where a heart monitor was beeping uncontrollably as doctors rushed in and out. As I got to the door the heart monitor stopped and they had to shock him back, "Mr. Fuentes you can't be here right now.", one of the nurses said gesturing to a sign about visiting hours. I nodded my head not wanting to cause more trouble for the people trying to save the love of my lives life. I trudged out of the hospital and to the bus as Jaime slammed the door behind us.
"Mike?", Jaime asked as tears ran down his eyes. I pulled him into my arms and hugged him. I know this is probably as hard for him as it is for me. Him and Tony are bestfriends. They knew everything about each other, so I just held Jaime there and let him cry, "I-I don't want to sleep alone.", he stuttered as he pulled away. I felt the same way. Jaime and I crawled into my bunk still fully dressed and drifted into sleep giving us little peace.
I woke up nearly a full day later and rolled over as I heard a groan. My heart stopped at first thinking it was Tony and all of that was just a dream, but my hand touched Jaime's spikey hair as I groaned. I laid there looking up at my bunk and noticed a notebook hidden between the railings. I pulled it out and on the front cover it read, "ToNy ThE tUrTlE" I laughed at how he wrote his name. I didn't want to go through his notebook but it was so tempting.
I flipped it open and it was dated back before the band even started. This was Tony's life before us. He talked about boyfriends, which made my heart ache, and random fucks that infuriated me. Slowly he started talking about a guy he worked with at the music store. It was Sebastian. I remember that music store, I bought my first My Chemical Romance cd there. He talked about how happy Sebastian made him. Then, it took a bad turn. He talked about how the rough sex turned into more pain, less pleasure. Then, it went from rough in the bedroom, to rough outside of it. The way he described it all sounded like a personal hell.
My whole body tightened up as I finished reading it. The last page stopped the day our band was official. He talked about me and how cute he thought I was. I smiled slightly and quickly tucked the book away as Jaime groaned and fluttered his eyes open, "Let's go see him?", he asked still groggy.