Status: re-post :)

Beside You

prologue

When hockey fans think of Dan Carcillo, they think of a rough and tough fighter who likes to chirp his opponents to no end.
When I think of Dan Carcillo, I think of my life-long friend, my best friend. He was the one guy that was always there for me whenever I needed someone.
I grew up next door to Dan and his family in King City, Ontario. We couldn’t stand each other in the beginning. But one night when one of my ex boyfriends stood me up, Dan was the one who stood by and comforted me. Shortly after that, we became inseparable. We did everything together. When Dan left to play hockey after he got drafted by Pittsburgh, my heart broke. We kept in touch as much as we could, but as like it is with every long-distance friendships, we lost contact.
Our families stayed in contact, so when my mom found out that I would be moving to Chicago, she immediately contacted Dan’s mom, seeing as he signed with the Blackhawks over the summer. Next thing I knew I was making plans with Dan about living with him…..
After not seeing him for 5 years, will it be the same?
only time will tell…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm re-posting this because I find myself thinking about it more and more lately.
:)