Status: hey everyone, please give me feedback!

Surrender The Night

Surrender The Night

Gerard got me into my wheelchair with a little help from Joan, she smiled at us and tutted over my pale skin. Joan was always worrying about me, weather it was my health or my mind. It was comforting at times but other times? I wanted to rip her throat out. Gerard smiled at her and made polite conversation, she blushed and giggled at what he said. I tried not to laugh, but he was just so damn irresistible a forty year old woman was mooning over him.

We finally got free of Joan. Gerard wheeled my through the busy corridors and I had to close my eyes again. A few other patients I hadn't seen in a while called out my name, I tried to call back to them but my chest felt constricted. Soon I felt the cool air hit my pallid skin and I peeked out my eyelids.

The sun was covered by a mass of gray rain clouds, the air smelt fresh and just a little bit cold. This was my favorite weather. I wasn't really into the heat, the rain made everything so clean and beautiful. My favorite part, though, was the smell. The sharp smell of rain hit my nose as I inhaled and smiled. Gerard did the same and wheeled me over to a tree.

"Frankie we're here." I looked around, seeing only a small picnic table.

"Uh.. what exactly are we here to see?" Gerard helped me stand out of my chair and kept his hands anchored on my waist.

"You'll see." He leaned down to kiss me and my knees quivered a little. I wasn't exactly used to kissing Gerard yet, every time he kissed me it was like every bone in my body came loose at once.

It wasn't exactly a bad feeling.

I shivered as I felt a small drop hit my skin. Being in a hospital can do that to you, not being outside much is normal for a case like mine.

Gerard sat me down on the bench, kissing my head before walking over to his bag. He unzipped it and pulled out a large fuzzy looking blanket. Gerard grinned at me and walked back over. To my surprise, he laid it out over the soft wood top of the table.

I looked at him oddly, what was he doing? The wind picked up a little, leaves rustled over head and I felt a few more splatters of rain. The smell was heavier now, and I drowned in it. I could sit in the rain all day, the weather reminded me of my mind.

I looked up at the sky and sighed. It was gray, the clouds moved slowly up above. There was a strange purple tint to it, the grays and whites mixing beautifully.

When looking over to Gerard, I saw he was pulling more things out of his bag. Another blanket, a flashlight, some sort of book, a few pencils, and oddly enough; a rose.

Gerard walked over to me almost bashfully, rose held gracefully between his fingertips.

"This is for you.." Gerard smiled and handed me the rose, the thorns felt good on my thin flesh. "It's almost dead, but I found it the other day and thought of you." He was blushing furiously now, his face was a bright shade of red. I leaned up and kissed him tenderly, making sure not to crush the rose.

"Thank you.." I let out a whisper and held back a choked sob. Gerard smiled and stared at me for a minute, before jumping a little and saying 'oh!' with that, he whipped around and started bringing the items from his bag over to the table.

Gerard set them all on the bench and crawled onto the top of the table, stretching out with his arms high above his head.

"You gonna join me?" His smile was lopsided and stupid but I found myself walking over to him anyway. I gave him a skeptical look and began to climb onto the table. At first I straddled him a bit awkwardly, trying to find a position. He flitted his fingers over my thighs and smiled up at me.

My heart stopped for the third time that day.

Finally, I found a comfortable position. I was on his left side, his arm around me and mine around his waist. My head was pillowed comfortably on his shoulder, he still smelled like winter and strawberries.

"What exactly are we doing?" I asked, still wondering just why we were laying on a table under the rain.

"We're just in time for the show.." He said mysteriously. I rolled my eyes and kissed his shoulder. "You're not scared of thunder, are you?" I shook my head no. I had never been scared of thunder like most kids, only spiders. "Good." And that's when it started.

The evening sky lit up with bolts of lightening, colors varying from blue to red. I stared in amazement as each one went off, followed seconds later by the loud clap of thunder. I flinched a little from not being used to such a loud sound in a long while. Gerard held me closer. Another bright flash, purple this time.

"One, Two, Three, Four-" The loud crash cut Gerard off. He grinned excitedly at me and I smiled back, not really understanding.

"Why are you counting?"

"They say each second you count after the lightening until you hear the thunder, is multiplied by ten to tell you how many miles away it struck."

"Woah.."

"Yeah.." Gerard linked our fingers and another bright flash illuminated the dark sky.

This time we both counted.

We watched the lightening storm for hours. Light rain flitted through the trees, slightly dampening our blanket and our bodies. We didn't care.

Soon enough, only the smell lingered, and there was no sign of thunder or bolts. I looked up at Gerard and he was gazing at me dreamily.

That was the first time in a long time I didn't want to die.

"Gerard?" He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Yes?" My face flushed and I started to stutter a bit.

"A-are we like.. hmm.. u-uhm are w-we like.. t-together?" It was out in the open now. Gerard brushed the hair out of my face and ran his hands up my back.

"I'd love to be.." Gerard leaned over, covering half my body with his as he licked at my mouth passionately.

I'm not sure how long we kissed. Our bodies clung together and our hips moved at their own accord. We began growing lazy, our eyes were closed as we pecked at each other's face and neck sweetly. Gerard nipped softly at my collar bone and I let out a quivering breath.

Finally, we grew still, our heads remained close, our noses touched and I could feel his steady breath on my wet lips.

"Frankie?" My eyes were still closed as we clung tight, I moved my head to his neck and kissed his damp skin.

"Hmm..?"

"You remember our promise, right? You promise you won't fall in love with me?" I sighed and squeezed his hand.

"Yeah, Gee. I remember."

"Good." Gerard's chin dug into the top of my head as he nestled down and squeezed me a little.

I inhaled his scent and felt tears in my eyes once more.

I'd never found it so hard to keep a promise.