Status: Don't judge me because of all the stories I have up. The more, the better.

Call me, Maybe?

U N O

It was a typical day for Liam Payne. He went to the recording studio after getting coffee with his band mates at a local café not far from the studio. He did vocal recordings. He helped Niall write more lyrics for their upcoming album and then some. He taught Zayn a few new dance moves for their next tour. He also had to break up a fight with Louis and Harry about God knows what again. It was his days consisted of. It was the norm for him.

Liam was now at his flat. His usual route was taken with his black SUV. His mind was swerving to old memories, before he was in a world renowned boy band. His smile was pure and heartfelt, but he wouldn’t change his life for his old one back. Signing was his life and loved every hectic minute of it.

His train of thought was broken when his phone rang. It was an old ring tone his ex-girlfriend had picked for him. The fast, up-beat song made him cringe with sorrow. Danielle was such a sweet, honest girl. Sadly, the two had to split. Work had been too much for her and she needed time to focus on her career. Liam had told her that breaking up wasn’t something that had to be done. Danielle thought otherwise.

Liam snatched his phone from the coffee table he had previously thrown it on. The caller id flashed the name and number of an unknown number. He didn’t answer the call. Not a minute later, after it had stopped ringing, it rang again. It was the same number. This time he answered.

“Hello,” his tone was questioning.

“Hi, this is Allie,” Liam heard the small voice on the other end of the phone.

“Allie? Allie who?”

“Oh, Uh, Allie Brady. We met online,” her voice seemed to deflate.

“I think the guy gave you the wrong number, babe.”

Liam heard a deep sigh from the girl. The only thing he knew about her was that she was a girl and she was American. Not to mention she was, in a way, stood up.

“I’m sorry,” she was about to hang up.

“Allie?”

“Yeah?” she mumbled.

“You know this isn’t an American number, right?”

“I do know. The guy I met online said he was in the UK for the month and told me to call him. I guess he really doesn’t want anything to do with me.”

“No worries, love.”

There a silence, not awkward though. The two just sat on their seats and let the quiet stretch for two minutes. Liam had many questions for this Allie girl, but didn’t want to intrude on her life.

“Um,” Allie spoke up, “if I may,” she let out a nervous laugh, “can I ask you your name?”

“Yeah, it’s Liam,” Liam answered without hesitation.

Perhaps Liam shouldn’t have given his real name out. The girl could be lying. She could be a crazed fan and found out his number. She could be a serial killer or even a stalker. Yet, her voice told him otherwise.

“Allie,” he asked.

“Yes, Liam?”

“If you would be so kind,” he rubbed the back of his neck while stretching his legs out on the couch, “why would this guy give you the wrong number? Are you a serial killer?”

Allies’ laugh was contagious, because it made Liam join her, “no,” she snorted, “Oops. Sorry. That tends to happen. But I am not a sociopath. I’m from America, as you can tell, New Jersey to be exact.”

“Wow! I got myself a Jersey girl.”

“Yes, sir. Born and raised,” she giggled, “So, have you always lived in London?”

“No. I grew up in a the West Midlands.”

“Oh.”

“You don’t know where that is, do you?”

“No, sorry.”

“Wolverhampton?”

“Uh, nope,” she giggled, “I don’t know much about the UK.”

Liam looked at the watch on his wrist, “what time is it over there?”

“Um, it’s almost half passed noon,” Allie sighed.

“Oh, it’s almost six here.”

“Yeah, there’s a five hour difference,” she laughed, “well,” Allie took a deep breath, “it’s Saturday at least. No work for me.”

“Speak for yourself,” Liam chuckled with a slight blush, “I’m usually very busy, even on Saturdays.”

“How old are you?”

“I’m nineteen.”

“Oh,” Allie sounded a bit shocked.

“What about you?”

“I just turned twenty about a week ago.”

“Congratulations. We’re only several months apart in age.”

Allie laughed, “that’s good.”

Liam was just about to ask her more questions until his phone interrupted him. He heard a beeping noise that indicated that he was getting another call. He didn’t want to end his conversation with this girl. The sound of her voice was like velvet.

“I’m sorry to end this little meeting session, but I have another call. Work, you know”

“Oh, I see,” Allie’s disappointment was present.

“But please,” Liam smiled, “do call again.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure Allie.”

“Okay, Liam. I guess I’ll call you tomorrow?”

“Sure. Same time?”

“I suppose so. I’ll see if I can fit it in my busy schedule.”

“Okay, bye Allie.”

“Bye Liam,” with that she hung up.

The call ended and Liam answered his band mate calling him. He noticed he had numerous amounts of texts from the guys talking about the recordings. He ignored the texts and answered the call from Harry.

Liam was actually happy now. He didn’t know what it was about the girl that he had been talking to him. Perhaps it was because she didn’t sound like a typical girl that only wanted him because of his fame and fortune. On the other hand, she didn’t know how he looked and still sounded interested in him. Or it could be because he was feeling vulnerable and liked the slight attention. No matter what it was, he enjoyed talking to the American.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah. This is a new story because I'm stuck on a few of my other stories. So this is just to hold you guys off a bit longer.
PLEASE Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Thank you all!

X Dani