Status: Always updating!

Stay Gold

Twenty-Five

=
Months had passed since Dally and I's New Year's Eve fling and it was now my favorite time of the year -- summer. Most girls use summer to dress like a whore and act promiscuous. I use summer to get into a bunch of shenanigans, which I guess is no different from what the other girls do, except I don't sleep around. In fact, I haven't slept with anyone except for Dally since I moved here. What was wrong with me?
Dally was like a drug to me, I couldn't get enough of him. No matter how bad he treated me, I always wanted another taste of him, even if he did taste like menthol cigarettes and whiskey. Although we never made it 'official', people automatically knew I was Dally's old lady. I got treated with a lot more respect. People were afraid of him. People were afraid of me, even. I never got why people were afraid of me, I'm virtually harmless. I couldn't even hurt a fly. Wait, I take that back. I can take on a Soc no problem. It's when they start multiplying is when I run into trouble. I knew that nothing could touch me though, given that Dally continues to stay by my side.

***


Here it is, 9 in the morning and I'm in the bathroom seeing my lunch again. I hated throwing up. I tremble. I cry. I feel like utter shit.

"Elaine, you alright?" I hear Ponyboy call from the other room. I didn't say anything, I just groaned.

"I'm gonna take that as a 'no'," Soda added. I lifted up my head briefly from the toilet which I was hanging onto for dear life.

"This sucks-" Oh, great! More vomiting. I wonder how many more days it would last. This was now the fourth day where the first thing I do when I wake up is throw up. At this point, Sodapop was now in the bathroom with me, trying to hold my hair up so there wouldn't be any vomit in it.

"Have you thought about seeing a doctor?" He asked.

I shook my head slightly, "N-noooo, it's not that serious. Just a stomach bug."

"You said that when you had appendicitis. You almost died."

"This time I'm serious. It's just a stomach bug." I hoped it was a stomach bug, at least. I'm not sure what else could go wrong with me.

Soda sighed, "Please go to the doctor? I'll go with ya so you don't have to go alone."

"Fiiiiine," I shrugged. "I might as well, this whole 'puking everyday' thing gets old really fast."

Later that day, I called and made an appointment with a doctor for the following day. Little did I know this would be the last day of my 'normal' life. Wait, my life wasn't normal to begin with, what am I talking about?

The next morning, Soda and I drove to the doctor's office and as expected, they started preforming a bunch of tests and drawing blood from me.

"You're gonna feel a small pinch," the doctor said as she got the syringe ready to go into my arm. I felt the small needle go into my arm, around the part where it bends. God, did that feel like more than a pinch to me.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, "that was no pinch."

"My apologies, Miss Williams," she said sweetly. "It's all over with now though. If you two could just hang tight for a few minutes, we'll get your test results back to ya.
"
'Great, more waiting,' I thought. I was a very impatient person, I hated sitting still. All I wanted to do at this point was go home to my fella... If I knew where he was.

10 minutes passed before the doctor came back into my exam room. She had a shocked expression on her face.

"Miss Williams, I don't know how to tell you this-" she began to say.

"What, do I have the big C now too?" I said, very annoyed.

"You're gonna be a mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
How's that for a plot twist? This is a poor example for a chapter, but give me a break. I haven't written anything in over a year.

Read/comment/subscribe/recommend! Those will help the updates come faster.