For Lucy

Right time, the right girl.

'Gu, hurry up, I need to meet Kenny in five minutes' 'yeah, sure, I know' Lucy smiled getting in the car, heading for a bar in downtown Phoenix, 'hey babe' Kenny wrapping his arms round Victoria's waist, 'how are you, darling?' 'I'm good, hon' Kenny grinned, 'had to bring my sister-' 'she's good company all good' Lucy sat next to a dark haired, hazel eyed, tall guy 'hello darling' she smiled, 'I'm Lucy' 'John' he was chewing on a tooth pick, and the smell of mint seemed to linger, 'you're looking good darling, can I get you a drink? 'a small glass of wine will be nice' he nodded with a smile, as Kenny and Vee sat at a table on the other side, he sat in front of her.

'So, what do you do?' 'I run the Buttercup Bakery with my sister' pointing her head toward her and Kenny, 'I cook, she sells' 'nice, and is that where I pick you up from when we go on a date?' she smiled 'why should I?' 'I think you're damned beautiful that's why' she blushed, 'well, sure then' he grinned, 'glad we agree' he smiled, 'what do you do then, other than sing, and write-' he nodded, 'isn't that what a date is for?' he smiled, 'well, I like to think you need something in common' 'I like cake?' they laughed, talking all evening.

'So, when do you wanna go out?' 'I'm free after 5-' she smiled, 'you?' 'how about Wednesday evening, pizza, maybe a movie, you can choose' 'don't worry, it won't be a rom-com, I'm bored senseless by them' he grinned, 'we're going to get on just fine' he grinned, that lop-sided grin, which she loved so much, 'Pizzeria Bianco, 7pm'.

--

'Where you going?' 'I am meeting John' Victoria wasn't too surprised' 'alright, take care of yourself, alright' 'I will, I promise' she smiled, getting a jacket, and picking up her bag, walking out into the cool Phoenix air, she drove into town, and parked up, she checked her make up in the car mirror, and waited outside for John, hoping he would turn up.

'Hey, you look gorgeous tonight' he took her hand, being led to a table for two, she crossed her legs, and admired the view, he smiled, 'like what you see' 'you look better in bright lights, as usual' he grinned, 'you seen us play' 'had to, my sister-' 'of course' he nodded, 'but you did like it?' 'of course, can't believe it's taken this long for you to notice I exist' 'I admired from a far' she grinned, 'mutual' ordering food, they talked all evening about music, ukuleles, and life in general, he really liked her, he was right all along, she was the right girl for him, hoping she liked him too.

'Would you errrm, do this again?' 'of course' John trying not to sound too eager, 'excellent, how about the weekend, I hope you like going out' 'I think I can for you' 'excellent, take care of yourself' he smiled, as she tip-toed to kiss his cheek, 'thank you for dinner' 'any time darling' he grinned, heading home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy, I can continue if you want me to :)