For Lucy

Baby, don't stop now.

'Hey Lucy!' Lucy grinned over the counter, 'Hey Johnoh' 'I was hoping we could make some cupcakes together, I have a day off, and you've been to my shows, I want to see what you do?' grabbing her waist, 'follow me, my sister has gone out for ingredients, so it's fine'.

'What are these cupcakes for?' 'Gay Pride, my sister has a contract for it, it's something we care about, our family comes from England, our politics is a little different' 'I completely agree, I remember being in England, and seeing 'Some people are gay, get over it, on buses, never happen here' 'definitely, make McCain have a heart attack, which is quite something since he was in 'Nam' he laughed, 'keeps up on current affairs-' 'converse is what she wears?' they giggled.

'So, Lucy, I was wondering if you wanted to ermm' John was so nervous, he liked her a lot, and it scared him a little, 'I was wondering if you would consider me your boyfriend?' he sound anxious going a little squeaky' 'of course, I'd love to, it's been one of my best weeks knowing you' a bell rung, he smiled, 'Pat!' 'I was hoping you had banana cupcakes' 'John and I just made some, don't worry' Pat laughed, 'awesome' 'come through'.

Lucy put some in a box, as Pat gave her some cash, 'are you two?' 'Lucy has just let me be her boyfriend' 'you can't split up, I'd never be welcome in here again' 'you're always welcome, people make mistakes, but I doubt that will happen, I have a good feeling' John smiled, 'so do I' Pat smiled 'good, you coming out tonight, Vee is with Kenny?' 'maybe, it's not a good time right now to be a girl for me' 'oh, right-' John was a little disappointed, 'so I'd rather watch movies and cry or something' 'well you're not crying alone' she laughed, 'I was kidding' 'right' 'I'll be sobbing' Pat laughed.

Lucy removed the cakes as John decorated, he was so good with his hands he needed very little instruction, 'do you want one?' 'sure-' trying some testers she had done 'that's good' spraying crumbs everywhere, 'thanks John' they laughed, 'oh, Lucy, John' putting the new stock up, Vee had returned, 'I heard you two had a good time in Chi-town?' 'we did, it was awesome' 'good, the cake good?' 'excellent' 'good job uncle Colin, let us use the plane' 'you're telling me, he was scared' they laughed, 'thanks darling'.

'I'm gutted it's-' 'so am I, trust me' he smiled, ising Lucy hard on the lips, 'want me to join you tonight' 'if you would like, but I think you should do what makes you happy' 'you make me happy' she blushed smiling, 'well, thanks, so do you' kissing him back softly, 'well, come to mine you know where it is' 'of course, see you around 7?' 'sure'.

-x-

'John held her waist on the sofa, a hot water bottle to her stomach, she even looked gorgeous in a university hoodie and leggings, as they watched Disney films, she'd let him choose, 'the Lady and The Tramp' 'you're no tramp' 'thanks!' they laughed, 'please stay' 'stay as long as you like' she pulled in to her room, John spooning her, falling asleep next to her, amazed the girl resting next to him had let him be part of her life, and the feeling was mutual.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this works for you.