For Lucy

Without you there is no me.

'Can we go just go back to mine before heading out?' 'of course-' she nodded, John smiled, and let her pick the record, not that he would dislike whatever she picked, she went for some old All Time Low, 'you don't mind, do you, just in a bit of a party mood today' 'I've toured with them, they always are' they laughed, the sound of Weightless floating round the car, 'you can meet my mum' she nodded, 'and, John Senior' 'if you would like me to, Junior' he grinned, 'I am no junior' 'you haven't proved it' John kissed Lucy hungrily, 'you are something' 'we're something' she grinned.

'Mum, this is my girlfriend Lucy' she smiled, 'nice to meet you, Mrs O'Callaghan' 'oh, how lovely, you can learn some manners from her' 'you haven't heard her late at night on an Oklahoma freeway' she smiled 'the guy cut me up terribly' 'I've been there' 'thank you!' they laughed, 'I'm Jenny, and that's John' 'nice to meet you' 'Mr-' 'John's fine' 'good, good-' she smiled nervously, 'so what do you do?' 'I'm a baker, my sister dates Kennedy, and we met through them' 'I know Victoria, nice girl, she told me about you, I'm quite happy with John's choice, for once' 'I've heard, on the record' they laughed.

'So, did you and John enjoy Chicago?' 'I think so, I think he said it's one of his favourite city's, we walked the mile, saw the bean, did the usual things really, and saw the Whitesox play, my family are English, we like football or soccer over baseball, but it was fun, he explained the rules' 'oh, John was a short stop in high school' 'I remember he explained, it was a learning curve for sure' they laughed, 'you ok, Gu?' 'Gu?' 'it's a nickname since I was a kid, and it's never gone' they laughed, 'how?' 'I wish I knew' laughing a little more.

'Fed you to the lions a little, sorry' 'it's fine, they were lovely' 'they liked you, I could tell' 'I'm glad' Lucy tiptoed kissing him, she pulled on his denim vest, 'Vee's gone to Kenny's-' John grinned at the twinkle in her eye, 'and, it's been three weeks, I think it's time' she smiled, 'you sure?' 'I think I've made you wait long enough, and you know I love you' he grinned, 'I love you too, Lu' John kissed her deeply heading home, they fell into bed, making love.

-x-

When Lucy woke up, John was holding her tight in bed, she grinned, her alarm going off, 'John-' she smiled, as he smiled at her, 'you look gorgeous when you wake up' he grinned, 'so do you, your bedhead is incredible' kissing her skin, 'Lucy, oh-' they giggled, 'sorry, ermm, do you need rides, anywhere?' 'be right with you' 'put a note on the door to knock from now on?' they laughed, 'good to ee you John' closing the door, they giggled, kissing.

'Oh, Hey Kenny-' Vee got distracted by him as Luc opened up and started baking, it wasn't difficult, as much was prepared during the day before, 'Lucy take care, I don't want you hurt-' 'I burn myself all the time by accident, I'll be fine' he kissed her, 'I love you' 'I love you too, now you have a practice, and I would like album four thank you' he grinned, 'you're going to miss me when I'm away' 'of course, but I love my job, and you love yours, I don't mind, now go, before they get mad at me' 'you're already a distraction' kissing her, holding her cheeks, 'so are you, now go!'

'You've got a spring in your step?' 'just with the girlfriend, she's kinda perfect' 'well, I don't expect you to commit to any lady to be honest' 'well, I am damn well committed trust me, she's going to be a bit of a muse for a while, roll on album 5, she's going to hate me for it' they laughed, 'I'm sure, you'll get plenty though' 'don't I know it' he murmured, heading into practice, feeling darned good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like writing this too much.