Mending a Broken Girl

2

"Oh no!"I gasped and I seriously did not want Professor Snape as my boss. 'This will suck' I thought as I went to see my boyfriend Harry in his department and as I opened the door I saw the most horrifying sight. My best friend, Ginny Weasley and my boyfriend, Harry Potter. I felt tears come to my eyes as I ran out and ran out of the Ministry of Magic and I ran all the to Kings Cross, 10 miles away and by the time I got there I was still crying. 'I couldn't believe Harry would cheat on me, and with Ginny of all people. I can't believe anything in my life anymore maybe I should just end it.' I thought as I boarded the Hogwarts Express and began my journey to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry again.

"Anything from the trolley dearie?"The trolley lady asked me smiling her usual smile. I just shook my head.

"No thank you mam I'm not hungry"I said sighing and even a lawn gnome could tell I was depressed. I just kind of sat there the whole train ride up to Hogwarts. When the Train got to Hogwarts as always I took the carriage being pulled by thestrals which I could now see considering I saw the Last Battle.

After the Carriage ride I walked inside the castle. 'It feels like I am home again' I thought and I smiled a weak and depressed smile. As I walked down to the dungeons I could feel the decrease in temperature and I wrapped my arms around myself and kept walking. I stopped abruptly before the door wondering if I should knock or just walk in. I decided to knock because I would not like to piss off Professor Snape my first night there.

I swiftly but lightly knocked on the door. I heard an 'Enter' and I slightly cracked the door open and walked inside.

"Hello Professor Snape"I said in a weak voice and looked at Professor Snape bent over working on a potion. I kept very close to the door for fear of him hitting me like my parents. I was very scared and found it being very difficult to breathe.

"Ms.Granger to what do I this... pleasure?" Severus seethed and stood up from over her cauldron. He walked over and stood right in front of me which made me back up a little.

"Im sorry Professor I was appointed your new apprentice"I stuttered and felt very insecure.

"Great just what I need a know-it-all apprentice"Snape hissed sarcastically. "Make yourself useful Ms.Granger and go and fetch me a bezoar and some Gilly weed, Im going to have you make some Pluterus Serum. Please do tell me you know what the Pluterus Serum is"Severus said sternly and in a monotone voice as always.

"Yes sir, Its the serum that can cure cancer"I smiled weakly and got them from the storage room. I sat them next to him on the table and didn't sit down and sighed. I really didn't want to be there at this moment but for right now I knew I would be there for a while.