Hero.

Prologue.

Is this it? I thought. No, this couldn't be. I didn't want this. I never wanted this. I just wanted to be like everyone else. I never wanted to be a hero. Sometimes, in life, you don't get to choose who you are. When you're born, it's like your life is already all decided for you. You don't get to choose your destiny. You might be able to change a couple of things about how you get there, but never the end game itself. Apparently, I was ment to be a hero. Someone everyone looks up to, someone everyone adores. That's not how everything started. If someone had told me 3 years ago that I would end up saving the world, I'd have told them they're crazy. Absolutly bonkers. But, as life would have it, they'd be right.

Black fog covered my vision. I fought with everything I could to keep my eyes open. To not let myself go down with the current. The only thing I could hear was blood pounding in my head. I'd lost a lot of it. I was surprised some of it was left inside me. However, I could tell someone was calling my name. Finally, a sort of peace ran through me. Maybe dying wouldn't be so bad. Maybe it would be better. Didn't I deserve a break? Didn't I deserve to die like everyone else? Maybe this was my destiny afterall. Finally, I let out a breath and let the blackness take over.