Just Look Outside of the Box for a While

How Does Geno Do It?

"Hey Sid," Geno took up the entire doorway to my hotel room.
"Yeah?" I looked up from the magazine I had been reading. How does Angelina Jolie keep track of six kids?
"Sam ask if you want to come for lunch."
"Really?"
"Yes how many times I tell she like you?" He laughed as I rushed around finding a reasonably clean shirt and my flip flops.
"I am not an expert on this stuff," I defended myself.
"Lucky you, I am," he shut the door behind us.

"So what do I exactly have to do?" I asked as we walked down the long winding pathway from the hotel to the beach.
"What you mean?" He frowned.
"To get Sam to like you know... Kiss me," I gulped not liking to talk about this stuff.
"Kiss or have sex?" He nudged my arm.
"What?!" I choked out.
"Oh come on Sid, man urges, you weird but not that weird."
"I am not weird."

He looked at me with Geno's dumb 'yeah right' look which he had been giving me a lot lately. Just because he was on top of his game on holiday didn't mean he knew it all and was better than me.

"You’re just jealous."
"Just admit you want sex with her. I not blame she pretty," he pointed to her lying on a towel by the water with Raegan.
"Ok fine," I sighed giving up.

So maybe I did want to have sex with her and maybe that was a motive and as Geno said I am a man with urges. Since when is that idiot ever right? But it didn't mean that was why I was interested in her. See was just nice company.

"Hey boys," Raegan smiled sitting up as we walked over.
"Hey," Geno sat down next to her with more confidence than I had even seen on his face,
"How you?" He put his hand on her back and lent over kissing her cheek.
"I am good thanks," she was smiling so wide.

How does he do that? We had known them all of a week and they were already ok with touching and a casual kiss.

"Hey," I sat down next to Sam but kept my distance.
“Hey,” she sat up and shifted back effectively moving closer to me, “how are you superstar?”
“I am not a superstar,” I shook my head trying not to smile.

Sam fed my ego a lot but honestly a little part inside of me liked it. I would never admit that to anyone but it was nice, especially from her.

“You’re the face of the NHL, I would consider that a superstar.”
“Yeah well we have definitions of a superstar than.”
“Just take the compliment,” she sighed putting her sunglasses on her head, “god knows it might be the only one you will get from me now.”

“Hey Sid,” Raegan spoke up, “I think Sam needs some more sunscreen, wouldn’t want her delicate skin getting burnt.”

I looked at Raegan with shocked eyes before looking at Sam who was staring daggers at her. Geno just sat there smiling like an idiot while everyone attacked each other with their eyes.

“Umm ok,” I moved forward as I got bombarded with a tube of sunscreen.

I wasn’t exactly sure what I was doing. I mean it was just putting sunscreen on, there was nothing to it. But touching Sam made my hand’s shake.

“It’s ok you don’t have to,” Sam could see how uneasy I was.
“No I can do it, I wouldn’t want you getting sun burnt,” I squeezed the tube into my hand and began rubbing her shoulders.

At first she was tense but as my hands rubbed her skin I could feel her muscles relax with my touch. I don’t think I have ever paid attention to a girl like this before. My mind was always hockey but with Sam around it was the last thing I thought of.