Status: Active

Echo: The Unsung Hero

Assembly Required

Maya silently followed Fury to the elevator of the previous Stark Tower. This was the Avenger's new headquarters. From the information Echo already had on these heroes, she knew they weren't just going to welcome her with open arms. They were "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" according to all the papers. Her father, former leader of a huge underground crime syndicate, taught her a few things about organizations. One of those things; never trust anyone, but make them trust you. That was how Maya operated. It kept her safe.

"Now, just because we at S.H.I.E.L.D. have approved your admittance to the team doesn't mean that you'll… get along." he said carefully.

"With all due respect sir, I think I can handle it." she said confidently. Nick Fury nodded as the elevator doors opened to the living room area of headquarters. He walked out first and presumably shouted.

"Mr. Stark. I have a guest for you." Fury said. Maya looked around, unable to hear the footsteps of Tony Stark entering the room.

"Aww thanks Fury, but its not my birthday yet." Stark said with a smug smile. Then he looked Maya. "Well hello there. Tony Stark. Iron Man. Hero." He extended his hand out to her. Maya couldn't help but smile back at his charismatic grin. She quickly wipe it off her face and shook his hand.

"Did Fury tell you to dress in all black?" Tony asked while looking at her outfit. She was wearing a black leather jacket, black tank top, black jeans, and black boots. It was her color.

"No. It's all apart of the mystery." she replied with an equally charming grin. Tony nodded in approval.

"Alright now, this isn't a social call. I've recruited Echo here to replace Black Widow… while she's on her well deserved vacation." Fury explained. Maya looked at him, she wasn't sure how she felt about filling in for someone else.

"Ah. I see. Well Echo, how good is your aim?" Tony asked while walking over to the bar. He casually poured himself a drink and looked at her waiting for some sort of display. Then with lightning speed, Echo drew her .45 and shot the Iron Man poster on the wall behind the real life one. Stark looked around and smiled.

"Nice you hit the mini arc reactor in my poster. Impressive- not." he said while taking another sip of his whiskey on the rocks.

"Check your vision old man. I hit it twice." she said while walking over to the poster. Sure enough there was a minor bump in the would be perfect bullet hole.

"God damn, she fuckin shot it twice." Tony declared.

"I've seen Bullseye shoot before." she said.

"Why would that make you a sharpshooter?" Stark asked curiously.

"Echo has the unique ability to mimic human physiology." Fury interjected.

"So you're a mine." Stark said, still confused.

"No it means if I see an olympic gymnast perform her floor routine…" she said just as she lunged into the air and somersaulted, back handspringed, and front flipped back to Fury. Sticking it with raised hands, Maya turned to face Stark. "I can do it."

"Impressive. Does that work with all types of videos?" he asked before he was cut off by Fury.

"I don't wanna hear anymore. I'm off to Malaysia. Play nice." Fury said while walking into the elevator.

"Don't worry sir!" Tony shouted after him, "I… damn he can't hear me anyways."

"Now I give my approval, but you've gotta meet the rest of the team." he said finishing his drink and walking out the way he came. He gestured for Echo to follow him. Maya quickly followed him down a short hallway and into a conference room with a long table and a wall lit up with computer screens. One of the screens had her father's criminal file, the others were all the security camera footage on Echo. She stared at it in amazement.

"I've done my research before hand. I knew Fury was bringing you on. I'm glad you took his offer. We could use a samurai trained Cheyenne assassin on the team - adds some diversity." he added.

"Good to know I fill your quota." she smirked, "Where's the rest of this so called team?"

"Oh they've been paged. Should be coming up just about…now." he said. As if on cue, the doors slammed open and in walked Captain America, Thor, Bruce Banner, and Hawkeye. "Avengers Assemble!" Tony shouted with gusto.