Status: Writing on Quotev - Updating when I can

The Only Exception

Chapter Two

I've spent all day cleaning my house for James. I took another three hours to shower and get ready.

Let me explain some things. James and I met three years ago when I went to a bar and he was there, obliviously drunk. His friends left while he tried to get a girl to go home with him. He hit on me and I saw how sad it must've been to hook up with random girls, so I drove him to his hotel and made sure he got situated in bed. He asked for my number and thanked me, but that was it. He called me the next day thanking me again after one of his friends told him what happened.

Anyway, we kept in touch. He'd call me every now and then and ask how I was. It started from then and now . . . he's my best friend.

Suddenly, my doorbell rang. I got up from the couch and ran over. I opened the door and frowned.

"You ordered the one anchovy and pepperoni and one pepperoni?" I nodded and took the two boxes of pizza, handing the pizza-guy a note before thanking him. I shut my door and put the pizza on my kitchen island. I grabbed two wine glasses and filled them both with Coke. I like drinking out of wine glasses, it makes me feel fancy.

Anyway, my kitten walked over to my pizzas and started licking at the box. "Come on, baby, let's get you some yogurt."

*

"Baby, I'm tired." I put the yogurt on my nose and she licked it off. "I don't think James is coming. You may have to cuddle cold another night." She made a whining noise. "I know, baby, I know. I love you." She licked my chin and cuddled into my chest. I held her like a baby while I finger-fed her yogurt. When it was empty, I cleaned up and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I changed into my pajamas - a pair of shorts and a wife-beater - and layed down with Cookie. She's like my baby, so I call her baby.

She suddenly got up and ran down stairs. I followed her and ended up in the foyer at the front door. I opened it and blushed at the tall man. "Posso aiutarla?"

"Oh, um, . . . English? No?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I smiled shyly, "Everyone speaks Italian hear. It's the Italian neighborhood. With all Italians." He nodded,

"Sorry, but have you seen someone by the name of Kat? I can't pronounce her last name."

"Oh, um, I go by Kat."

"Kat?" I nodded, "Kitty?" I nodded again, "James' Kitty?"

"Yes. James?" He nodded with a smile and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back as he walked in my house. He set me down and held my hands, looking in my eyes.

"It's really you." I bit my lip and shut my door. "I'm sorry I'm late, I wanted to get you some flowers, but I couldn't find any."

"It's fine. I got us pizza, but it's probably cold. I could heat it up for you."

"Thanks." I nodded and scurried about my kitchen heating up some pizza for him.

"You like anchovies?"

"Ew!" I gasped as he walked into my kitchen, looking around. "Your house is huge. You live here by yourself?" I nodded,

"Mhm, yeah, my grandfather built it for me. He said that he wanted me to raise my family here, but that's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

"I've never had a boyfriend before."

"You're still a virgin?!" I nodded, taking his plate form the microwave. He thanked me as I handed it to him and poured a cup of soda. I heated up my own pizza and sat across from him. "You made this?"

"No, I bought it." He nodded,

"So you're just a vlogger?"

"Yeah, a-and I make music covers! I can't sing that well, but I play twenty instruments."

"Why?"

"It's how I got my anger out." I sipped from my cup and smiled, "I used to model and dance, too."

"Really?" I nodded,

"My father had me in beauty pageants at a young age. He was raised as the only boy in a family of eight."

"Wow." I smiled even more, giggling.

"Yeah, so, his sisters use to have him help them with their hair and they wanted him to be gay, so they taught him how to do hair and makeup. He must've remembered them or something because we started when I was one and stopped when I turned eleven because . . . no one made plus sized dresses and he couldn't afford to get one custom made. School started stressing em out when I turned eleven, so I went from being underweight my whole life to over-weight." I giggled again at James' face.

"What are you giggling at?" He asked me,

"I like the way you look when you listen to me - it's like you really care."

"Because I do! You're my best friend." I smiled and took his empty plate and cup. I put our dishes in the washer, started it, and turned back to him.

"Do you have your bag?" He nodded, saying it was in the front room. "Baby, go up stairs and get ready for bed." James looked confused, but looked down as my kitten hopped off the couch and ran up the stairs. "Can you get the bag?" He nodded and walked over, getting the bag. I turned the kitchen light off and took his hand, pulling him up. I showed him every room but mine and the bathrooms. I told him to pick a room and that I'd be brushing my teeth if he needs me.

Oh.

My.

God.

James is in a band that I see a lot on my Tumblr! Um, crap! What were they called? Something about Alissa or something, I don't know, but they're kinda good.

I finished brushing my teeth and wiped my makeup off. When I finished, I walked out of my bathroom and blushed as James was sat on my bed on his laptop. "Um, James?"

"Hm? Oh, sorry, I wanted to show you something." I walked over and wiped my feet off before sitting beside him. He pulled me into his lap and hugged me again. I hugged him back and and lightly pecked his cheek.

"What'd you want to show me?"

"Look." He turned me around in his lap and wrapped an arm around me, using the other to point at the screen, ready to take a picture of us.

"I hate the way I look in pictures." I whispered, biting my lip as I slid between his legs.

"You're beautiful, I'm sure you'll look great." I frowned and closed my eyes as he kissed my nose. I licked my lips and looked in his eyes. "You lick your lips a lot."

"Habit. I bite and lick them a lot." He nodded,

"I've noticed and you're doing it again." I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Can we take the picture?" I nodded and turned around. "Ready?" I nodded and suddenly started giggling since he kissed my cheek. After the picture, he told me not to look as he uploaded it to Twitter. I turned and placed my head in his chest.

He smells so good, it's intoxicating. Like freshly washed clothes and cookies. "I'm tired."

"I know, but look." I turned around and rubbed my eyes. I looked at the screen to see James had posted the picture of us.

'JamesAFuckingA: Finally met my long distance friend @Kitty-Meowth' I smiled and closed his laptop screen. I got up and moved under my blankets and sheets.

"Come on, I'm cold." James smiled and layed down beside me, wrapping his arms around me. "James!"

"What?"

"You touched my boob."

"Sorry."

.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_127/set?id=69866625